Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: With growing talk of Commons discussing terms with the sheep, I ask the question: Is it ever accepta

Voters
159. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, never. Such treachery should be punished by death

86 54.09%
  • Only if Derby are 2 divisions above, paying through the nose and it suits Forest

51 32.08%
  • Only if Derby are offering better wages

7 4.40%
  • It doesnt matter, Derby are just a rival club the same as anyone else

15 9.43%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Traitor??

deleted

Default Re: Traitor??

Quote Originally Posted by B Block Red
    If he goes there he deserves all the abuse hes likely to get.
    Hmmm, 90 minutes of abuse, twice a year (assuming he's fit) for an extra quarter of a million quid. I really doubt that he's going to give a shit.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Just goes to show footballers always tell the fans what they want to hear ''Yeah i'm Forest through and through me, its a dream come true to play for the club i adored as a boy...'' :P :P

So i have heard its a pretty much done deal and are waiting for the day his contract expires to come out and ay he has gone.

i just hope he realises what he is doing, turning his back on his 'boy hood club' to join their nearest rivals.

hoever if he does go would we get compensation because he is under 24 or is he older?

If he does go, we'll just have to hope he does a Gareth Williams and it'll serve him right.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonios Gubba
    Hmmm, 90 minutes of abuse, twice a year (assuming he's fit) for an extra quarter of a million quid.* I really doubt that he's going to give a s**t.*
    He will give a shit when he's back playing in League One the season after and they can no longer afford his inflated pay packet.

From NEP

With Matt Lockwood also bound for League One side Colchester, in an £100,000 move, Nyatanga would provide competition for Julian Bennett on the left side of defence, as well as pushing for a place in the heart of the Reds rear-guard.

Kris Commons is expected to officially seal his move in the opposite direction in the near future, with Derby believed to be ready to announce his capture on a Bosman free this week.

If he does go, I think its time for Aaron Davies to step up. Remember what he did to us when playing on the left for Yeovil. He can also very easily play as part of a front three and in the hole behind strikers should we revert back to the diamond style 4-4-2. We also have McCleary who is capable of filling pretty much all of those positions too, as well as Cohen.

So IF he does go, the only major bad point is that he would be guaranteed to score against us.

I think the problem with all of this is, if he had been any other player wanting to leave us for derby then we would be unhappy. But because hes sopposed to have been a Forest fan since childhood, and sopposed to know all about the rivalry and hatred between the 2 teams, it just sticks in the throat a lot more

I am logging on every afternoon waiting to read news of what now seems to be an inevitability.

It makes my blood boil. As a Forest supporter I despise Derby County with every inch of my being. I begrudge a County supporter their allegiance in a manner that is both poisonous and irrational - but it is football.

Commons has effusively told of his love for the football club on innumerable occasions and I consider what he is about to an abomination.

He has been happy to gloat to the press of how he has had Forest legends signing his Reds memorabilia, I will be very interested in seeing how he spins all of that away now.

I am also dreading the inevitably synchronised reports of Commons signing for Derby and Earnshaw agreeing terms at Forest.

Let's face it, we're losing out. Arguably our most talented player is joining them for FREE, whilst we are spending the bulk of our transfer budget on a player that hasn't had a kick for them all season.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Kez
    I reckon he's just using this as a bargaining tool when he gets to contract discussions with Forest so he can squeeze a bit more out of it for himself. I don't think his intention is to leave for Derbynil.
    How wrong I was. So in answer to your question. Yes. If it is Derbynil he goes to, he won't be getting a good reception from me when he returns to the CG. Anywhere else but them would have made it a lot more acceptable although I wouldn't have been glad to see him go.

Same as you Kez. I wouldn't hold a grudge against him for leaving to any club apart from D*rby. Although now it seems pointless in him signing a 1 year extension last year... Unless he had a cunning plan to leave for free this year just to fuck us over a bit.