Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Learning From Previous Mistakes

Default Learning From Previous Mistakes

Just been on the Cheltenham forums and it appears they are not learning from previous mistakes made in the transfer window, no news about new players and out of contract ones. so for me it is gonna be the same old season each time,

on the other hand......

Now you lot are back in the championship do you feel you have learnt from your mistakes as there is plenty of early signs that you will be strengthning your squad with a fair few players ( if rumours are true ). ..?

Do you feel that your current squad is more than capable of holding there own and pushing for a top half finish..?

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Learning From Previous Mistakes

yeh i think our squad could but it's wether our top players stay fit, so we do need to get more strenght in depth to get a top half finnish although brizzle managed it with a poor sqaud so you never no

Yes definately, well i'm sure everyone agrees with have a better squad and CLUB than when we came down

oopsy daisy!

According to some, as we got promoted automatically, we didn't make any mistakes we need to learn from....

Quote Originally Posted by Erik
    According to some, as we got promoted automatically, we didn't make any mistakes we need to learn from....
    That's ok then. I say we appoint David Platt as manager, give him £12 million to spend, then follow this with 10 years of struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik
    "We're shit and we're sick of it" - April 2008

"We will finish in the playoffs in the Championship" - May 2008

The chairman will have learnt from his mistakes if he backs the manager sufficiently to stay in the CCC because our squad currently isn't good enough - I believe we are still waiting for a replacement for Nicky Southall.

The manager will have learnt from his mistakes if he plays 4-4-2 and not a crappy 5-3-2 that will allow Championship teams to attack us and batter our defence, which is not up to this standard.

Should these things happen then I would say yes Nottingham Forest have learnt from their mistakes.

Calderwood was in todays NEP (the local rag for the benefit of our Cheltenham friend) announcing with complete confidence how he is going to 'stick with a winning formula' which I have to say is a terrifying proposition.

tstatham

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smith
    The chairman will have learnt from his mistakes if he backs the manager sufficiently to stay in the CCC because our squad currently isn't good enough - I believe we are still waiting for a replacement for Nicky Southall.

Aaron Davies?

If we learnt from every mistake we made this season then we'd finish top six with no doubt.

It'll be naive to think we'll make it without inventing a few new and original cock ups but here's hoping we don't make the same bloopers.

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.
    [/url]

I personally think uve gotta more a complete unit from the games ive seen.

You have probably for me the 2nd best youthful side in the country behind Villa. If Mcgugan and Perch can turn into anything like Ashley Young and Agbonlahor i think your future is very very bright.

Am i right in saying both Julian Bennet and Wes Morgan are early 20s aswell..?

Quote Originally Posted by fletchledge

You have probably for me the 2nd best youthful side in the country behind Villa. If Mcgugan and Perch can turn into anything like Ashley Young and Agbonlahor i think your future is very very bright.

We do indeed have a youthful squad which, as far as I'm concerned is a good thing long term (we also have an excellent youthful reserve side) but I don't know how far these lads will go in the game.

I've got more chance of turning into Peter Pan than McGugan does of turning into anything remotely resembling Ashley Young.

Quote Originally Posted by fletchledge

Morgan's 24, and Bennett's 23.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fletchledge View Post
    Just been on the Cheltenham forums and it appears they are not learning from previous mistakes made in the transfer window, no news about new players and out of contract ones. so for me it is gonna be the same old season each time,

on the other hand......

Now you lot are back in the championship do you feel you have learnt from your mistakes as there is plenty of early signs that you will be strengthning your squad with a fair few players ( if rumours are true ). ..?

Do you feel that your current squad is more than capable of holding there own and pushing for a top half finish..?
    No

Quote Originally Posted by tiffany View Post
    No
    Well worth resurrecting a 9 year old thread for.

Impressive member

[QUOTE=Dr Sheldon Cooper;2557441]Well worth resurrecting a 9 year old thread for.[/QUOTE

It's the fashion nowadays. All the cool kids are up to it.

Weltmeister

„The revolution will inevitably awaken in the British working class the deepest passions which have been diverted along artificial channels with the aid of football.“

Banned

For what exactly?

Weltmeister

Quote Originally Posted by tiffany View Post
    For what exactly?
    Thread necrophelia

They see me trollin'

Yes we've learnt so much from 2008, we can self destruct far easier nowadays