Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Who Are The Best Four Managers In The World?

Voters
200. You may not vote on this poll
  • Steve Bruce

5 2.50%
  • Alex Ferguson

25 12.50%
  • Jose Mourinho

35 17.50%
  • Arsene Wenger

32 16.00%
  • Colin Calderwood

15 7.50%
  • Marcello Lippi

7 3.50%
  • Roberto Mancini

1 0.50%
  • Denis Wise

10 5.00%
  • Otto Rehagel

3 1.50%
  • Otmar Hitzfeld

2 1.00%
  • Luis Aragones

4 2.00%
  • Luis Felipe Scolari

28 14.00%
  • Cherie Lunghi

2 1.00%
  • David Platt

8 4.00%
  • Me on Football Manager 07/08

23 11.50%

Thread: Who Are The Best Four Managers In The World?

Default Who Are The Best Four Managers In The World?

Dave Whelan claims that Steve Bruce... yes... Steve Bruce... is.

Wigan's own Geordie boss Steve Bruce has been touted as a possible successor to Keegan on his native Tyneside - but Whelan insists he would not be interested.

He said: "One day he will get a big-four job - I realise that, and I think the whole country realises he is one of the best four managers in the world.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ic/7621846.stm

So who are the other three?

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Who Are The Best Four Managers In The World?

Where's Guus Hiddink? This guy seems to turn shit into gold everywhere he goes...

Scolari.

Long Serving Member

Scolari or Mourinho are top two.

I would have chose Guus Hiddink if there but went for Sir Alex and Lippi

I think Alex Ferguson is massivley overrated.

Always been given plenty of money and time by the board as well as having pretty much the pick of quality youth.

Rice IV

He doesn't spend the money stupidly, like other clubs with cash, though.

He has always bought limited players of high quality.

Not to mention he did win a lot of things with a team consisting of:

Beckham
    Scholes
    Giggs
    G. Neville
    P. Neville
    Butt

That's a lot of players to have in your League winning side that came through your youth system.

Add to that the likes of Soljskaer, Sherringham, Schmeichel etc, who were not exactly setting the world alight before going there.

Yes, he has made some huge money buys, but very rarely do they not come good.

Notable exceptions are obviously Veron and Taibi.

Even Ronaldo was bought for practically nothing compared to his current value. It's rumoured that he was a Rio Ferdinand recommendation after they had played against each other. Any manager willing to take on board comments from one of their players is someone who will always do well.

If you look at the players he has been bringing in, Anderson, Tevez, etc, you can see that he is building yet another classic team, of which I think he has now built three.

He's won a stupid amount of things, he's old fashioned and, perhaps most importantly, isn't afraid to speak the truth. He knows he's been around the game too long to be too hassled for speaking his opinion, something I have to resepct him for.

He's certainly the closest manager, in terms of success and ability to build teams and inspire people, there has been since Clough.

Talk to me, Goose.

Quote Originally Posted by richjcrouch
    Even Ronaldo was bought for practically nothing compared to his current value. It's rumoured that he was a Rio Ferdinand recommendation after they had played against each other.
    Wasn't it Gary Neville after he murdered them in a pre-season game for Sporting?

I can't believe Steve Bruce only has two votes.... don't you people know anything?!?!?!?!

Rice IV

Quote Originally Posted by vance warner
    Wasn't it Gary Neville after he murdered them in a pre-season game for Sporting?
    Something along those lines, I seem to recall.

Still my favourite football rumour of all time

Charlton could beat Man United to land young Sporting Lisbon pair Cristiano Ronaldo and Ricardo Quaresma: Alan Curbishley's battling Celta Vigo , Chievo and Feyenoord too.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...ewsstory.sport

I picked Lippi,Wenger,Ferguson,Hitzfeld

Its nice to see 5 people sarcastically picking David Platt... but for some reason I feel the choice of 'Me playing Football Manager' is probably not sarcastic.

I think Alex Ferguson is indeed a very, very good manager, but let's take a look at some of his more shitty signings, just for shits and giggles.

William Prunier.
    [img width=228 height=183]http://anmblog.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/prunier.jpg[/img]

What the hell was this about? *He was absolutely innefective and, to be honest, laughable.

Eric Djemba-Djemba.
    [img width=300 height=300]http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39345000/jpg/_39345780_ericddgt300300.jpg[/img]

Oh dear. *Abject tosh.
    20 games, no input. *Seemed good for Cameroon, seemed shit everywhere else. *Now playing in Denmark following financial collapse and a 1 game stint in Qatar.

Kleberson
    [img width=300 height=245]http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39514000/jpg/_39514582_kleberson_pa300x245.jpg[/img]

A bloke who signed alongside Ronaldo, as a World Cup winner. *Ronaldo is now the most sought after player in the world whereas Kleberson is back in the, surprisingly shitty, Brazilian league. *Managed a massive 25 games for United.

Michael Stewart.
    [img width=203 height=152]http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40408000/jpg/_40408579_stewart203.jpg[/img]

Ok, Ferguson didn't actually sign this clown, but he had him penned as one of the future stars. *We know as well as anyone else that this bloke is absolutely rubbish. *How he is forging a career out of the game is anyone's guess.

Massimo Taibi.
    [img width=362 height=265]http://www.catflapmag.com/football-blog/content/binary/Picture%2031.png[/img]

£4.4million for 4 games, in one of which he conceded a Matthew Le Tissier goal that I could have saved. *He effectively cost £1.1million per game. *Let us also not forget that this is a kepper that found himself behind Raimond van der Gouw and Mark Bosnich in the pecking order. We got Marco Pascolo, Man Utd got Massimo Taibi.

Banned

SHJ I loved your assessment of some of Ferguson's poor signings, but what concerns me is the total lack of explicit pictures of Cherie Lunghi........................who in my humble opinion is worth at least a rating

Quote Originally Posted by sedgred
    SHJ I loved your assessment of some of Ferguson's poor signings, but what concerns me is the total lack of explicit pictures of Cherie Lunghi........................who in my humble opinion is worth at least a* rating
    She was in 'The Saint' today. She kissed Roger Moore.

Banned

Revealed her finest assets If I recall right in ''Monocled Mutineer'' and ''Excaliber''..............not that I have paused and rewound older VHS tapes

Quote Originally Posted by sedgred
    Revealed her finest assets If I recall right in ''Monocled Mutineer'' and ''Excaliber''..............not that I have paused and rewound older VHS tapes*

She was unbelievable fit in The Saint.

Banned

Got her kit off playing Guenevere in Excalibur whilst allowing Lancelot to penetrate her......................Bring back BLF I cry to allow these things to be transfered.............as in one player joining another club

Victor Meldrew

Brian Clough and Peter Taylor.
    Brian Clough and Peter Taylor.

Wenger by a country mile.