Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 177 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Senior Member?

Default Re: The LTLF TV Thread

Watched the pilot of Middle on Sky1 last week, looks quite good, similar to Malcolm in the Middle.

Also stars Deb from Everybody Loves Raymond!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

yam

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Bones, Lie To Me, NCIS: Los Angeles and countless other American dramas are by far superior to anything the BBC or ITV cook up.

I also watched The Deep and, **** me, it was bloody awful.
    Yes the submarines were all the wrong shape (they have no concept of what a pressure hull is obviously) in some attempt to make them look like spacecraft.
    The russians somehow made a submarine the size of the USS Nimitz with no-one noticing. Yet internally said supersub looked like the inside of a derelict power station.
    The little midget sub thing some how survived being in close proximity to an underwater nuclear explosion thus allowing the russian bint off peep show enough time to asphyxiate when the air ran out. Yet somehow the glass dome thing of said midget sub cracked when it was surfacing - when pressure was reducing.
    As if they'd let irish "cold feet" bloke go on a duplicate mission to the one that his wife was assumed to have died on only 6 months previously.
    And the acting - just don't go there.

So much bollocks in one show.

I don't know who I'm more angry at them for making this **** with my licence fee or me for watching it.

Its me isn't it, I should have just turned over shouldn't I?

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall. View Post
    Watched the pilot of Middle on Sky1 last week, looks quite good, similar to Malcolm in the Middle.

Also stars Deb from Everybody Loves Raymond!
    And Neil Flynn - The Janitor from Scrubs.

yam

Quote Originally Posted by FBS View Post
    The janitor was the best thing about scrubs. Well and Sarah Chalke as well but for different reasons

Quote Originally Posted by yamyam View Post
    The janitor was the best thing about scrubs. Well and Sarah Chalke as well but for different reasons
    Love the Janitor. I also love that you never find out his name

Senior Member?

Yep

Resident foodie!

Am I right in saying that the janitor auditioned for the role of Dr Cox but they wanted him in it so bad they invented another part?

Love the Janitor. I also love that you never find out his name
    I think you find out in JDs last episode.

The Thought Police.

Ahh I remember plenty of discussions on here discussing 'The Wire' & 'The Sopranos' and which is the better of the two.

I think my friend Sam gave the best possible answer I've ever heard to the question 'Have you seen The Wire?'
    - "Obviously Every Episode."

I havn't the time now to explain why, because once you start, you really can't stop.. but I'll give you a word that is vital to any succesful TV show - Depth.

Other All Time Favourites - The Sopranos, Peep Show, Babylon 5, South Park, Drawn Together, Family Guy, Have I got News for You..
    (And then just certain episodes and select moments from stuff .. eg. Series 1+2 of Lost, Series 1-3 of Shameless etc..)

yam

"Ultraviolet" wipes the floor with any vampire related TV series that's come out since. And as for Twilight......

AKA Randy Bumgardener

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Am I right in saying that the janitor auditioned for the role of Dr Cox but they wanted him in it so bad they invented another part?
    I love his little free roles in extra,s on the DVD's. The guy is a genious! He made that show. It's very unusual to look forward to a minor character appearing on an episode but I did.
    Also loved the episode they managed to sqeeze his part in the fugitive into an episode!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-HRR_EPVew

'The cross came in from Majewski, and Blackstock slid in, Gabriel Tamas attached to him in the manner in which a baby chimpanzee clings to its mother' Dexter Blackstock vs West Brom

Quote Originally Posted by Tutts View Post
    He does say an actual name to JD in a very sincere manner, but once JD leaves he says his name is something different to someone else.

You never do find out.

AKA Randy Bumgardener

Quote Originally Posted by Tutts View Post
    You kinda do, and kinda don't

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN3GjdPKiCI

Quote Originally Posted by kezz View Post
    Ahh I remember plenty of discussions on here discussing 'The Wire' & 'The Sopranos' and which is the better of the two.

I think my friend Sam gave the best possible answer I've ever heard to the question 'Have you seen The Wire?'
    - "Obviously Every Episode."

I havn't the time now to explain why, because once you start, you really can't stop.. but I'll give you a word that is vital to any succesful TV show - Depth.

Other All Time Favourites - The Sopranos, Peep Show, Babylon 5, South Park, Drawn Together, Family Guy, Have I got News for You..
    (And then just certain episodes and select moments from stuff .. eg. Series 1+2 of Lost, Series 1-3 of Shameless etc..)
    Spot on Kezz. Depth and character development are essential to any show that wants to become a classic.

The sad state of affairs in this country for TV shows means it's not very often we get genuine shows that are willing to go beyond the norm and invest in more than just a flashy storyline and well known actors.

Shane Meadows recently said that British TV is on it's knee's, it really doesn't have anywhere to go. He also mentioned how if you build a show correctly. people will sit at home and watch the whole boxset from start to finish in a week or so. He is completely right on this point.

winnits

Speaking of Shane Meadows am looking forward to his This is England series.

Quote Originally Posted by Winnits View Post
    Speaking of Shane Meadows am looking forward to his This is England series.
    If you liked the film, then you will like the TV show. The first episode is very light-hearted and funny, but then it gets darker later on.

If you liked the film, then you will like the TV show. The first episode is very light-hearted and funny, but then it gets darker later on.

I purchased the film for £2.99 from HMV to watch tonight again, in time for the series tomorrow.

Tomorrow if a great England evening in; England 20/20, then Switzerland v England, then This is England '86.

All TV shows are insignificant next to The Wire. End of.
    This post is correct, as is your decision to get the boxset of homocide: life on the streets. Even the west wing pails by comparison. The only issue I have with the wire is now when I start watching a show like Southland I find myself just sitting there thinking this is pointless, drama and especially police drama has reached it's zenith..........

3 pages and no mention of Weeds.

Probably the most underated American series I can remember. Six seasons in and it's still brilliant.

Pity Sky One don't show it anymore, and it's difficult to even find on DVD so ive had to resort to watching online, as it seems to be the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by EmJay View Post
    3 pages and no mention of Weeds.

Probably the most underated American series I can remember. Six seasons in and it's still brilliant.

Pity Sky One don't show it anymore, and it's difficult to even find on DVD so ive had to resort to watching online, as it seems to be the only way.

I never really watched, but Mary-Louise Parker is brilliant she stole the west wing when she was on it

Just had a weekend of Dexter, watched all but 5 of the first 3 seasons, got the first couple of season 4 Sky+'d.

Also watching season 3 of True Blood, one more episode of that left, that is out next week. (anyone who wants the whole of season 3 let me know before the Swansea game I will bring up a few discs with it on)

Next on the list is season 6 of Supernatural and season 2 of The Vampire Diaries, they start again in the states on the 25th of this month.

I also watch a few other things through normal means, Inbetweeners, IT Crowd, Top Gear, My Family.

Gimp

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade82 View Post
    We seem to be lacking one. Personally I prefer TV series than films these days. Anyone know any good series out atm?
    Check out Breaking Bad. It's /awesome/.

Quote Originally Posted by TrickyTart View Post
    This post is correct, as is your decision to get the boxset of homocide: life on the streets. Even the west wing pails by comparison. The only issue I have with the wire is now when I start watching a show like Southland I find myself just sitting there thinking this is pointless, drama and especially police drama has reached it's zenith..........
    Totally agree about police drama's (however you cannot call The Wire a police drama). It's very much chasing the dragon of more police drama's after viewing of The Wire.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post

Also watching season 3 of True Blood, one more episode of that left, that is out next week. (anyone who wants the whole of season 3 let me know before the Swansea game I will bring up a few discs with it on)
    I fucking love True Blood. I'm torn between who is better Bill or Eric lol

Isn't trueblood just tits and violence? I gave up after a couple of episodes. I'm loathe to call the wire police drama but it is the common denominator. Plus I'm pretentious enough as it is without describing it as a cross between king lear and the tragedy of macbeth with large dashes of arthur miller at his very best dissecting american life.