Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 177 of 177 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177
Results 4,401 to 4,420 of 4420
  1. #4401
    Senior Doom Monger
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Vale of Belvoir
    Posts
    18,757

    Default Re: The LTLF TV Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Pope View Post
    I’m a bit further into the series than you Captain and it doesn’t disappoint


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well, all 6 episodes watched.
    Maintained its high standard.
    Bit low on the breast count though.
    Excellent series with a thought-provoking set of conclusions.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #4402
    Warp Speed Chic
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    8,255

    Default Re: The LTLF TV Thread

    I love you - now die.

    Documentary on Sky. I was quite interested in it as a Sociologist but I finished it absolutely furious. Imo, it's compulsive viewing, especially if you have dealings with young adults.


  4. #4403
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    5,190

    Default Re: The LTLF TV Thread

    Watchmen wasnít quite what I was expecting. Iíll stick with it, but, bloody hell, itís slow paced and depressing.


  5. #4404
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Here, there & anywhere that will have me..
    Posts
    6,731

    Default Re: The LTLF TV Thread

    Anyone seen The Detectorists on BBC Iplayer? Slow moving but well written humour. I loved it


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    The beast is stirring yet again!! :devil:

    it has nothing to do with football or NFFC

  6. #4405
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    80,326

    Default Re: The LTLF TV Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Alvar Hanso View Post
    Watchmen wasnít quite what I was expecting. Iíll stick with it, but, bloody hell, itís slow paced and depressing.
    As indeed was the original source material at times, especially when Tales of the Black Freighter is included.

    IĎm interested in where theyíre going to take this!

    ĄI believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialismď

    ó Joe Strummer

  7. #4406
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    972

    Default Re: The LTLF TV Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Pope View Post
    Anyone seen The Detectorists on BBC Iplayer? Slow moving but well written humour. I loved it


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes loved it , very gentle humour and very good.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  8. #4407

    Default Re: The LTLF TV Thread

    So did anyone watch the BBC's new drama His Dark Materials? They've been plugging it a lot this past week. I hadn't realised that it was written by the same guy who wrote the Golden Compass, though I did draw a comparison to that when I saw the trailer. The scenery and effects were really good but I thought that the story so far is poor. I didn't think much of the Golden Compass when I saw that either though.


  9. #4408
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    5,190

    Default Re: The LTLF TV Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by I'm Red Till Dead View Post
    So did anyone watch the BBC's new drama His Dark Materials? They've been plugging it a lot this past week. I hadn't realised that it was written by the same guy who wrote the Golden Compass, though I did draw a comparison to that when I saw the trailer. The scenery and effects were really good but I thought that the story so far is poor. I didn't think much of the Golden Compass when I saw that either though.
    The film and tv series are adaptations of the same book.

    The film significantly toned down the anti religious aspects of the book, so itíll be interesting to see how the Sunday night telly version copes.


  10. #4409
    Senior Doom Monger
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Vale of Belvoir
    Posts
    18,757

    Default Re: The LTLF TV Thread

    Dublin Murders

    A mate suggested that me and the Mrs might enjoy this series on the Beeb.
    The Mrs loves it and thinks it is a thoughtful, engaging series, well acted, scripted and filmed.
    It has left me feeling totally unimpressed.
    I find the Dublin accent makes the dialogue so difficult to interpret that sub-titles are really needed.
    The pace, to me, is pedestrian - almost as if they want to have an Irish version of Scandi-noir.
    For that to be successful I think needs stronger actors - both the leads are under-powered and not quite up to the requirements of the parts they are playing.
    Maybe I am in a minority here!


  11. #4410
    Senior Doom Monger
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Vale of Belvoir
    Posts
    18,757

    Default Re: The LTLF TV Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Alvar Hanso View Post
    The film and tv series are adaptations of the same book.

    The film significantly toned down the anti religious aspects of the book, so it’ll be interesting to see how the Sunday night telly version copes.
    Saving it up to watch on IPlayer when the Mrs returns from her south-coast trip.
    I read the books to my kids when they were little - much to Mrs S 1 and 2s Roman Catholic disgust as the novels are anti-religion and pro-atheist.
    The novels I thought were well written for a 10 - 15 year old audience, but while widely held to be appropriate for all ages, I found them to be a bit too juvenile for me to really rate them highly.
    I saw the film "The Golden Compass" which was intended to be the first in a trilogy,but which flopped at the box-office, and thought it fairly well adapted from the first book, but it lacked the dark overtones that run through the book.
    It was more like a children's film aimed at children, but without the attention-grabbing and holding power needed to get kids to buy in to it.
    I hope the TV serialisation has that dark edge missing from the film.


  12. #4411
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    80,326

    Default Re: The LTLF TV Thread

    If you like space stuff, alternate history and the mashup,of both those topics, then do check out For All Mankind, which tells an alternative view of the Space Race of the 1960s (Obvious Spoiler: the USSR gets to the moon first).

    Itís frankly brilliant, using a mix of archive footage blended into a compelling Ąwhat if...ď storyline.

    Itís on Apple TV+ but maybe elsewhere too. Ahem.

    Well worth checking out, anyway.


  13. #4412
    Menior Sember
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Dystopian Future
    Posts
    25,154

    Default Re: The LTLF TV Thread

    I'm counting down the days until the release of the fourth and final series of the Man in the High Castle on Friday


  14. #4413
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    5,190

    Default Re: The LTLF TV Thread

    The Mandalorian seemed alright, if a bit unnecessary. I'm hoping it has a proper plot arc, rather than a bounty of the week episodic structure.


  15. #4414
    Senior Doom Monger
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Vale of Belvoir
    Posts
    18,757

    Default Re: The LTLF TV Thread

    I have no watched the first 2 episodes of "His Dark Materials" and have to say it hasn't disappointed!
    High quality scripting, acting and filming.
    On a difeernet tack, my brother suggested I check out All 4 - channel 4s version of IPlayer.
    It is bloody good (apart from the adverts).
    I tracked down the Peter Hall directed 1992 serialisation of The Camomile Lawn.
    It is a bloody excellent piece of TV.
    In addition to many excellent performances from a lot of famous (and decent) actors and actresses, there is a very high nudity count!
    Why don't they make decent soft-porn for TV like this anymore?
    Jennifer Ehle has a rather sumptious figure and she doesn't mind showing it... 5 star serialisation!


  16. #4415
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Here, there & anywhere that will have me..
    Posts
    6,731

    Default Re: The LTLF TV Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    I have no watched the first 2 episodes of "His Dark Materials" and have to say it hasn't disappointed!
    High quality scripting, acting and filming.
    On a difeernet tack, my brother suggested I check out All 4 - channel 4s version of IPlayer.
    It is bloody good (apart from the adverts).
    I tracked down the Peter Hall directed 1992 serialisation of The Camomile Lawn.
    It is a bloody excellent piece of TV.
    In addition to many excellent performances from a lot of famous (and decent) actors and actresses, there is a very high nudity count!
    Why don't they make decent soft-porn for TV like this anymore?
    Jennifer Ehle has a rather sumptious figure and she doesn't mind showing it... 5 star serialisation!
    The camomile lawn is the one where both Greta Saatchi and Toyah get their kit off isnít it?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  17. #4416
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    80,326

    Default Re: The LTLF TV Thread

    Watchmen is bubbling along nicely, and a couple of Ąold friendsď have turned up.

    Oh, and - Geek Spot - did anyone else notice the name of the motel the two FBI agents stopped at? Nice work, Ronald D. Moore.


  18. #4417
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    5,190

    Default Re: The LTLF TV Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Pope View Post
    The camomile lawn is the one where both Greta Saatchi and Toyah get their kit off isnít it?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nah, thatís The Ebony Tower.


  19. #4418
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Here, there & anywhere that will have me..
    Posts
    6,731

    Default Re: The LTLF TV Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Alvar Hanso View Post
    Nah, thatís The Ebony Tower.
    Good job I didnít get Kleenex out to watch it then


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  20. #4419
    Senior Doom Monger
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Vale of Belvoir
    Posts
    18,757

    Default Re: The LTLF TV Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Pope View Post
    The camomile lawn is the one where both Greta Saatchi and Toyah get their kit off isn’t it?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As per other replies... nope.
    Jennifer Ehle and Tara Fitzgerald are regularly kitless in The Camomile Lawn.


  21. #4420

    Default Re: The LTLF TV Thread

    They shall not grow old in now back on Iplayer, moving beyond words.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •