Thread: Season Review 07/08

Default Season Review 07/08

Happy with the season, why?

Happy with the manager, why?

Best player:

Worst Player:

Best match this season:

Worst match this season:

If you could sign one player for next season, who would it be and why? (Realistic players not messi etc)

Hopes for next season?

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Rice 13

Default Re: Season Review 07/08

Happy with the season, why? Yes promotion

Happy with the manager, why? As above

Best player: Smith

Worst Player: no one really but a few didnt perform to their potential alot of the time

Best match this season: Huddersfield at home on new years day

Worst match this season:Luton away in the F.A cup

If you could sign one player for next season, who would it be and why? Any decent 20 goal a season striker

Hopes for next season? A top 10 finish would be fantastic

I'm happy with the end product, but I was a million miles from happy with the season on the whole.

No.

Best player:
    Smith.

Worst Player:
    Take your pick at times!

Best match this season:
    Yeovil or Crewe at home.

Worst match this season:
    Bristol Rovers at home, Doncaster away, any of the matches against Luton, Bournemouth away, Bournemouth at home.

If you could sign one player for next season, who would it be and why? (Realistic players not messi etc)
    I'm not sure.

Hopes for next season?
    For Doughty to prove me wrong.

Definetly, we had extreme highs and lows but we ended on a massive high which gives us momentum into next season.

You can't argue with what he's achieved this season.

Best player:

Kelvin Wilson

Worst Player:

Grant Holt

Best match this season:

Home to Yeovil

Worst match this season:

Gillingham Away

Robert Earnshaw, will score the goals to keep us up and provides real competition for Tyson and Agogo.

Hopes for next season?

Stay well clear of the relegation battle and take 6 points off Derby.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Extremely. Promotion.

No. We should have wrapped up promotion a long time before the 3rd of May.

Best player:
    Paul Smith, Kelvin Wilson, Chris Cohen

Worst Player:
    Lockwood, Holt,

Best match this season:
    Southend home

Worst match this season:
    Doncaster away

Beattie.

Hopes for next season?
    Survival. Anything above that is a bonus.

.k I m
    I m u mm

Quote Originally Posted by bond007
    Happy with the season, why? Very Happy now!! I didn't give up hope!! Can't ask for more then being promoted!! Really didn't want playoffs!!!

Happy with the manager, why? Yes and No!! Like above, He go us promoted!! But some tactics baffled me!!

Best player: Bennett!!! Heart, Passion loves the club!!

Worst Player: Holt hasn't had a great season compared to last year!! But he needed to be playing in his best postion!! Upfront and not out on the right wing!! Calderwoods fault!!

Best match this season: Southend at home!! Both teams were up there in the top 4! Went a goal down and came back to beat them 4-1 on my birthday!!! Nice 1 Forest!!!

Worst match this season: Luton Away!! Dreadful!!! Say no more!!!

If you could sign one player for next season, who would it be and why? (Realistic players not messi etc) A top striker!! Not keen on earnshaw but if he got us goals!! All tho i'd love to see Harewood back!! Can't see it like!!

Hopes for next season? Top 6 finish!! No reason why we can't go for it again next season!! Come on u reds!!! I'll be there!!!!!!!!

winnits

Happy with the season, why? Yes and no, it was a bittersweet season - it was a successful one, because we were promoted, but aside from the euphoria of the last day, I don't remember many times when I enjoyed it or felt we were in 'a promotion season'

Happy with the manager, why? Yes and no, but mostly no - he's earned my patience to see if he can develop and sign the players he needs to play his system. In the first half against Yeovil there were times when we played wonderful one-touch passing football - more of that and I'll become a convert. He also needs to play players in their correct position (Chambo ain't a rightback), and cut out the silly substitutions - which, to be fair, he did toward the end of the season

Best player: Smith, all those clean sheets were the foundation of our better results, and despite the stick he gets he's by far the best 'keeper we've had in a long time. Special mentions also to Wilson, Sammy, Cohen and Bennett who've all had decent seasons with the odd wobble in form

Worst Player: I've probably not been frustrated by a player more than Chambers this season - but I think he's done a massive disservice by the position/formation he's in - if he had a winger protecting him he'd be okay, but as a wingback he's not good enough in that role. Calling him the worst player sounds over-harsh, though.

Best match this season: Do you really have to ask...?

Worst match this season: Bournemouth away... again!

If you could sign one player for next season, who would it be and why? (Realistic players not messi etc): Earnshaw/Beattie/Nugent - not sure whether they're realistic, but one of the three would make me very happy indeed - we need someone who can bag goals. If we got Nugent (which to me is the more unrealistic of the three) then we should get Ormerod too - they've been a successful partnership elsewhere.

Hopes for next season: I will be content with a season of consolidation; I don't want to see us within anywhere near of the relegation zone, and will consider the management team to have failed if we are. Top half finish, with a sly hope of sneaking into the playoffs. The Championship is a competitive league, so with the right signings this isn't unrealistic.

Not happy, but we got promoted, job done.

No, we went up in spite of Clownderwood's insanity. Championship teams will not be as forgiving as those in League One. He will be found out.

Best player:
    Bennet or Smith.

Worst Player:
    Agogogogogogo solely for his attitude.

Best match this season:
    The Yeovil home match, obviously.

Worst match this season:
    The Johnstones Paint Trophy matches, they were so worthless I cannot remember who we played and who knocked us out.

If you could sign one player for next season, who would it be and why? (Realistic players not messi etc) Who is realistic depends on how much Doughty is prepared to back Clownderwood.

Hopes for next season?
    Doughty, Arthur and Clownderwood are exiled from Nottinghamshire. Avoiding relegation would be nice also. To shake hands with Sedgred.

Promotin.

nothing

Best player:
    Bennet

Worst Player:
    agogo,holt,chamber's.

Best match this season:
    huddersfeild home,yeovil home

Worst match this season:
    bournmouth

If you could sign one player for next season, who would it be and why? decent 20 goal man score and a new right back.

Hopes for next season?
    To stay in championship

The result yeah, not the season altogether.

Not really but he did the job and thus deserves a chance

Best player:
    Smith or bennett

Worst Player:
    Grant Holt

Best match this season:
    Has to be Yeovil at home

Worst match this season:
    Bournemouth at home on Opening day.

prolific goalscorer - James Beattie. I would like to see Stern John back as he bagged 19 in the championship last season and knows the club.

Hopes for next season?
    Top 10 or so, have a strong feeling for the playoffs if the right players are bought in!

Yes, we got promoted so job done. Obviously it all seems better now in hindsight than it probably was, but if nothing else I've enjoyed actually having a group of players who for the most part seem genuinely passionate about the club.

Yes, we went up so can't complain. Some of his tactics and team selections are farcical but they did get better towards the end of the season, plus all of his signings have been very good. Don't know how he'll fare at the higher level but considering in 5 years of management he's never finished outside the top 6, I'd expect he'll at least lead us to safety next season.

Best player:
    Wes Morgan - stiff competition by Smith, Wilson, Benno & Cohen but I chose Wes as he's been a rock in the the defence, plus his mazy runs are so often the only bit of excitement in otherwise dreary games (I'm looking at you Bristol Rovers (H), Walsall (H), Luton (H) etc etc

Worst Player:
    Grant Holt - probably down to injury but his apparent lack of effort in some games disgusted me. The Huddersfield game in particular sticks out in my mind, I don't think he could have been any sh*tter if he'd tried that day.

Best match this season:
    Obviously Yeovil (H), magic day but otherwsie I loved Huddersfield (H), Northampton (A), Yeovil (A) & Orient (A).

Worst match this season:
    Bournemouth (A) or Swindon (A) - both horrendous. Felt like crap after Carlisle at home too.

If you could sign one player for next season, who would it be and why? (Realistic players not messi etc) Any forwards, not particularly fussed who after waiting to sign a striker for so long.

Hopes for next season? Satying up is the only aim after so many big clubs almost went down this season. There are no minnows left up here after Collywho and Scunny's relegations - even Blackpool are former giants - so it seems likely one big club will go down, just hope it's not us.

Yes, in the end.But I'll tell you what I was miserable as sin for most of the season regarding Forest so for the duration I really wasn't too happy and was disillusioned but we got there in the end.

He did what he was briefed to do so I'm content for now.Will be interesting to see who he signs in the summer and how he copes at the highest level he would managed at.Hopefully no strange tactics this season and playing players out of position,I suppose it is one hell of an ask there

Best player:
    Kelvin Wilson-Made an incredible difference and deserves a lot of credit for being a part of a immaculate defence this season

Worst Player:
    Grant Holt - To be fair he was placed on the right wing inexcusably by Calderwood and his confidence was drained but his goal return and effort was no where near up to scratch this season.Hope he will not be here by the season's beggining

Best match this season:
    Need you ask

Worst match this season:
    Crewe away,who needs sleeping pills eh!
    If you could sign one player for next season, who would it be and why? (Realistic players not messi etc) Earnshaw,goalscorer,capable of 20 goals in this division,would make a huge difference.

Hopes for next season? Consolodation,I don't demand too much for the season ahead as long as we avoid a relegation battle I will be content

Yes we got promoted, the rest, detail.

He Got us promoted, so yes.

Best player:
    Wes Morgan

Worst Player:
    Grant Holt

Best match this season:
    Leeds (away)
    Cheltenham (away)
    Huddersfield (home)
    Yeovil (away and home)

Worst match this season:
    Gillingham
    Swindon
    Crewe
    Bournemouth (all away)

If you could sign one player for next season, who would it be and why?
    Earnshaw will do for now

Hopes for next season?
    Automatic Promotion

Quote Originally Posted by uredsuns
    Worst match this season:Luton away in the F.A cup
    I have to agree, I blocked that out of my memory £50 right down the drain.

Rice 13

Quote Originally Posted by Marriboom!
    I have to agree, I blocked that out of my memory £50 right down the drain.
    I dont go to many away games and decided to go there for the match thinking Liverpool at home in the next round will spur the team on wrong wrong wrong

I dont go to many away games and decided to go there for the match thinking Liverpool at home in the next round will spur the team on wrong wrong wrong*
    If there was ever to be a big enough incentive that was it. They were aweful.

That was my first match just going by myself as well.

Yes we got promotion, fair enough it wasn't vintage, in fact for a large part of the season it was poor, but we got there in the end and lets face it, was getting out of this league ever going to be done easily?

He Got us promoted, so yes, but I think that a large part of the reason we didn't wrap up promotion earlier was Colin. However you can call me fickle all you like, but his substitutions have improoved a lot towards the end of the season and I firmly believe that he will do better next season. (He's earnt himself till Christmas in my book)

Best player:
    Paul Smith, closely followed by Jullian Bennet

Worst Player:
    Grant Holt and Matt Lockwood

Best match this season:
    Obviously Yeovil (H)
    Yeovil away was fun too!

Worst match this season:
    Of the games I've seen - Doncaster (A)

If you could sign one player for next season, who would it be and why?
    Any of the three strikers we have been linked with would do ... I don't personally think they are realistic, but I'd be happy with one of them. We also need to improve midfield, right back and a back up keeper too

Hopes for next season?
    Realistically I'd settle for 14th upwards with aims of a top half finish.

Rice 13

If there was ever to be a big enough incentive that was it. They were aweful.

That was my first match just going by myself as well.
    Looking back we should realise we have a knack of bottling it when it matters most, there, Chelsea in the cup and Yeovil at home in the play offs to name just 3 of the top of my head

Looking back we should realise we have a knack of bottling it when it matters most, there, Chelsea in the cup and Yeovil at home in the play offs to name just 3 of the top of my head
    We need not to go in to any detail, Lets think of Yeovil at home this season. The good times

Happy with the season, why? Yes, we got promoted.

Happy with the manager, why? Yes he did the job that was asked of him, at times it wasnt pretty or vintage. But he did it and thats all that matters.

Best player: Julian Bennett

Worst Player: Lockward/Grant Holt

Best match this season: Crewe Home (Dario Grady Called Us The Best Football Team In League 1)
    Carlisle Away
    Yeovil Away

Worst match this season: Luton Away (Fa Cup)

If you could sign one player for next season, who would it be and why? (Realistic players not messi etc) Kevin Philips. He would get us 20 + goals.

Hopes for next season? Finish 7th - 21st

Rice 13

We need not to go in to any detail, Lets think of Yeovil at home this season. The good times
    Aye live for the moment is what its all about

Yes. Promotion!

No, tactically he got it wrong on too many occasions. But he got us promoted so deserves the chance to prove himself next season.

Best player:

Paul Smith. He made so many superb saves this season. With a lesser keeper in nets we wouldn't have even made the playoffs. Shame he's a mute who can't kick really.

Worst Player:

Well Holt had a mare of a season, but it wasn't really his fault. Lockwood was a big disappointment. Kantstopalotapopalopadis stripped James Henry of the title of 'least successful loan signing ever'.

Best match this season:

Yo! Vill! At! Home!
    Worst match this season:

Bournemouth away was the most dismal display I have seen in a long time, so that's definitely number one.
    Carlisle at home was soul-destroying because it demonstrated to me at the time that (1) We were better than them (2)Despite this, we had just fucked up our chance at automatic promotion.

Peter Whittingham would be an excellent signing.
    Hopes for next season?

Staying up and playing something resembling passing football. And to take at least 2 points off Derby.

unfortunately I have not been to as many games this season as I would have liked. Usually I have a season ticket but for the last 2 years I have not had one. Only been to about 10- 12 games this season so my basis for answering these questions will not be proper.

Happy with the season, why? Automatic promotion, no playoff heartache again thank God.
    so yes i am very happy.

Happy with the manager, why? I was once a doubter of CC and to be honest I am still skeptical, we will see how he handles his business in the championship.

Best player: From the games I saw I would say Cohen for his all round play and his professional attitude and link up play. McGugan for similar reasons but not for working as hard. Wesley too, he has been a rock in the games i have seen. Obviously Smith too, he is very dependable (most of the time anyway)

Worst Player: Matt Lockwood. saw him play once and im glad I will not see him play again (touch wood) out of his depth.

Best match this season: the final day just for the atmosphere and the energy around the place.

Worst match this season: The performance on the oppening day was terrible, Bournemouth I think it was, crap performance. Also Leeds at home, although we did play quite well in spells the ending was gutting.,

If you could sign one player for next season, who would it be and why? (Realistic players not messi etc) Id have James Beatie like some nutty reporters have been saying. Also Peter Whittingham from Cardiff, he looks the best player we have been linked with.

Hopes for next season? midtable will do me just fine, sniffing around 8 to 12 spot but with 6 points off the sheep shaggers

Resident foodie!

If you'd asked the same thing in February/March, I'd have said no, but ultimately, we got promoted so how could you be unhappy?

At the moment, yes.

Best player:
    Cohen or Bennett.

Worst Player:
    Grant Holt.

Best match this season:
    Yeovil. Every time.

Worst match this season:
    Swindon away.

Earnshaw. We need a goalscorer.

Hopes for next season?
    Mid-table mediocrity and Doughty to back the manager financially again.

Yes, We got promoted, end of

Yes, he did what was asked of him at the start of the season

Best player:
    Cohen/Wes/Bennett

Worst Player:
    Grant Holt.

Best match this season:
    Yeovil

Worst match this season:
    Bournemouth away

Earnshaw, got a cracking record in ccc

Hopes for next season?
    Play off push