Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball

Default Baseball

does anyone else enjoy it?

thought i'd share this from last night cos i couldn't believe it when i saw it. i sort of picked cincinnati reds as my team (any guess why?) in 2007. they've been **** every season since this one and now they're actually doing rather well. so there's a blog that gets updated and people comment on the game that is happening...

http://www.redreporter.com/2010/8/18...rough#comments

notice anything?

if you enjoy cricket i do not see why you couldn't extend that enjoyment to baseball.

Similar Threads:

• # ADS
      Circuit advertisement

winnits

Glorified rounders :P

Default Re: baseball

and what's wrong with that? rounders is ace.

winnits

True, if you're under 12. And a girl.

As a half-American I feel qualified to post here.

Baseball is ****. Seriously ****. It has less action the cricket and more advert breaks than American TV. I sat and watched a San Francisco 49's game which took 8 bloody hours to finish and resulted in a score of 2-2. ARGH.

.k I m
      I m u mm

Quote Originally Posted by Winnits View Post
      True, if you're under 12. And a girl.
      dude, no, rounders is really cool

Baseball is ****. Seriously ****. It has less action the cricket and more advert breaks than American TV. I sat and watched a San Francisco 49's game which took 8 bloody hours to finish and resulted in a score of 2-2. ARGH.
      2-2? how??

I went to see the Atlanta Braves a couple of times and it was a bit boring but the hot dogs were good!

I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

I can't watch Baseball on tv because of all the adverts - they p**s me off. But i went to see the Houston Astros against Colorado Rockies a few years back and quite enjoyed it. A constant supply of cool beer brought straight to my seat made it a most enjoyable evening, if only alcohol consumption like this was allowed at football matches over here!

I also made it to Fenway Park a few years later to watch the Boston Redsox but the game was cancelled due to storms when we arrived. Still did a tour of the stadium though and sank a few beers. Shame that game got cancelled as it would have been good to have seen a game played in such a historic venue for the sport. Given the chance i'd go and watch another live game in the States.

I watched the New York Yankees a couple of years back. Was so bored with the game I started chatting up the girl next to me who turned out to be an English girl on holiday. Left the game early and went back to hers.

So, yeah, baseballs alright.

Quote Originally Posted by sebs View Post
      dude, no, rounders is really cool

2-2? how??
      Should read 2-3.

You would be meaning the giants :-p the 49ers are 'football' i've been before and bean racing is cool not as good as flicking but close....

AKA Randy Bumgardener

I'll say what I say to any American when the subject comes up.

''Yes, I have heard of it, but in our country we teach it to 12 year old girls''

as echoed in other posts. Just can't understand the interest, a bit like cricket and golf spectators !!!!

'The cross came in from Majewski, and Blackstock slid in, Gabriel Tamas attached to him in the manner in which a baby chimpanzee clings to its mother' Dexter Blackstock vs West Brom

if you don't like cricket having grown up in this country there's no way you're going to enjoy baseball

I share the dislike for Baseball! I went to a Yankees game last time I was in NY... people moan about NFL games taking between 2-4 hours, but at least things actually happen in the meantime.

We sat there for hours, there was 3 runs in the first innings, 1 in the 3rd and nobody hit a ****ing ball after that. It'd be like 2 or 3 football matchs not even having a shot on target! To make it worse, people were constantly up and down every 20 minutes gettin food and drink.

I always thought it was the worser of the major US sports (and I really like the other 3) but the others have been in the off-season whenever I've been to the US. Not next time!

that's like complaining you saw a session of a test match without a wicket (which i guess is fair enough) it's a pitching duel. i envy you people who have been to see a live match though, i think im gonna go to america next summer just to watch baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by adam09 View Post
      I share the dislike for Baseball! I went to a Yankees game last time I was in NY... people moan about NFL games taking between 2-4 hours, but at least things actually happen in the meantime.

We sat there for hours, there was 3 runs in the first innings, 1 in the 3rd and nobody hit a ****ing ball after that. It'd be like 2 or 3 football matchs not even having a shot on target! To make it worse, people were constantly up and down every 20 minutes gettin food and drink.

I always thought it was the worser of the major US sports (and I really like the other 3) but the others have been in the off-season whenever I've been to the US. Not next time!
      Worser?

I occasionally watch it, but its not as much fun as football.

its very much their cricket to our football... if that makes sense...

oh and in a similar way to county cricket they play all day every day through the summer I belive...

they do play almost everyday. in fact apart from a day either side of the all star game they play every day from the end of march to the start of october. 162 match season.

Yes

San Francisco Giants.

Tim 'The Freak' Lincecum.

Quote Originally Posted by TrickyTart View Post
      You would be meaning the giants :-p the 49ers are 'football' i've been before and bean racing is cool not as good as flicking but close....
      Bloody hell you can see how much I enjoyed it if I'm getting names wrong!

You are indeed correct of course and I've never seen a game of American Football, nor would I want to see anything that bastardises the name of such a fine sport.

She does have a point though; flicking is definitely more entertaining...

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieLePop View Post
      Bloody hell you can see how much I enjoyed it if I'm getting names wrong!

You are indeed correct of course and I've never seen a game of American Football, nor would I want to see anything that bastardises the name of such a fine sport.
      philistine

Quote Originally Posted by sebs View Post
      that's like complaining you saw a session of a test match without a wicket (which i guess is fair enough) it's a pitching duel. i envy you people who have been to see a live match though, i think im gonna go to america next summer just to watch baseball.
      Surely it's more like seeing a session of a test match where nobody hits the ball for a run?

森林!

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieLePop View Post
      As a half-American I feel qualified to post here.

You need to seriously apologize to whoever hand you that 50% Yankee gene, plus the entire fanbase of SF baseball on that gag.

森林!

LA Angels fan here, too bad they are horse feces this year and every year after 2002.