Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Commons - House For Sale

Default Re: Commons - House For Sale

I am not having a go at you personally, so forgive me if i come across that way, its just that he is out of contract, will get a signing on fee, make more money, and financially securing himself and his family.....i realise that its Derby of all teams, but in this game you have to go where the money is for the sake of your family....thats my view anyway

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

winnits

I refused to apply for a job at Egg because it was in the bad place lol

But I hear what you're saying, dude.

I hope he dont go to Derby, but i wont think less of him if he does.
    At the end of the day, he has a family, so if i were him, i would take the best offer, whether it be Derby, Mansfield, Notts or whoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Von
    I am not having a go at you personally, so forgive me if i come across that way, its just that he is out of contract, will get a signing on fee, make more money, and financially securing himself and his family.....i realise that its Derby of all teams, but in this game you have to go where the money is for the sake of your family....thats my view anyway
    Agree with you in principle but when you are being offered around 10k at the club you are already at, plus bonuses (probably) then there isn't much in it, 10k a week is a hell of a lot, especially coming out of League One.

Quote Originally Posted by uppertrentendred
    If he goes he wil have to move surely.

He wil b the most hated person in* Nottm and his life wil b hell*
    Frank Wignall
    Terry Hennessey
    Henry Newton
    Terry Curran
    Alan Hinton (10 times the player KC is)
    Almost Ian Storey Moore
    Lars Bohinen
    Gary Charles

How many of these players do you hate? They all played for Forest then Derby.

The point is if KC goes the the SS then he goes we may even be stronger for it and we will certainly get over it.

I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

No offence taken, afterall, it is a game of opinions!

I guess alot of it is relative, and depends on the figures involved, which realistically, you, me, and the tabloids are unaware of. There will always be a 'cut off' where a deal from another club does become too good to turn down. Look at Rooney for example when he left. He went from a reported £6,000 a week at Everton to a reported £70,000 a week at Man Utd. That kind of increase would of course be unrefusable, plus the added fact of playing for Man Utd.

With regards to Commons though, the increase is likely to me much less dramatic than that, and he would still be on top dollar if her were to stay with us. I guess it all comes down to individual choice though, and where Commons' personal 'cut off' point is.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyJ25
    No offence taken, afterall, it is a game of opinions!

I guess alot of it is relative, and depends on the figures involved, which realistically, you, me, and the tabloids are unaware of. There will always be a 'cut off' where a deal from another club does become too good to turn down. Look at Rooney for example when he left. He went from a reported £6,000 a week at Everton to a reported £70,000 a week at Man Utd. That kind of increase would of course be unrefusable, plus the added fact of playing for Man Utd.

With regards to Commons though, the increase is likely to me much less dramatic than that, and he would still be on top dollar if her were to stay with us. I guess it all comes down to individual choice though, and where Commons' personal 'cut off' point is.
    I do agree with that, but as i say, my point is, you have to go where the money is, maybe i just veiw things differently to some, but i agree that the money we are talking is not life changing in respect to how much more he would be getting, and as you say, I guess it all comes down to individual choice though, and where Commons' personal 'cut off' point is.

I hope his cut off point would be playing for Derby County, but we will just have to wait for the outcome.

I do agree with that, but as i say, my point is, you have to go where the money is, maybe i just veiw things differently to some, but i agree that the money we are talking is life changing in respect to how much more he would be getting, and as you say, I guess it all comes down to individual choice though, and where Commons' personal 'cut off' point is.

I hope his cut off point would be playing for Derby County, but we will just have to wait for the outcome.
    I just hope its bigger than Gareth Williams' 'cut off' point. A reported £500 a week when he went to Leicester!!

I suspect his agent is playing a big part in this as well. A good chance for him to get his summer jollies paid for!

Quote Originally Posted by ThePatriot
    LOL... He's not been fat for a while now.* And I think your "Football Agent" might be telling you porkies.
    Looks like he is staying then

Quote Originally Posted by smithy
    Looks like he is staying then
    :P

So does anyone have his address? I've got a box of eggs that need throwing.

Quote Originally Posted by alabamared
    Frank Wignall
    Terry Hennessey
    Henry Newton
    Terry Curran
    Alan Hinton (10 times the player KC is)
    Almost Ian Storey Moore
    Lars Bohinen
    Gary Charles

How many of these players do you hate? They all played for Forest then Derby.

The point is if KC goes the the SS then he goes we may even be stronger for it and we will certainly get over it.
    As did

John Robertson
    Kenny Burns (via Leeds)
    Peter Shilton (via Southampton)

However none of them (at the time) claimed to be Forest fans, neither did they make statements such as this (taken directly from Commons' own page on icons.com

Hi mate, just a quick question, do you plan to stay with Forest and help us back to the glory days?
    Yeah I'd love to stay with Forest.My first objective is to get us back to the Championship and then see how far we can go. Bristol City have shown what is possible when you get promoted. That has to give us confidence, particularly because we did really well against them last year. This is a huge club. It's the ambition of everyone here to take us forward. I definitely want to be part of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie
    My dads friends mother's neices cousins daughters friend apparently said that their mothers friends cousins aunty husband does the gardening for Kris Commons and apparently he is joining Stoke City because their stripes will make him look slimmer.

:P
    Well av heard it all now