Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 146

Thread: Crystal Palce Away

      
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    303

    Default Crystal Palce Away

    I am planning on going to this with a few mates, but we are looking at going on the train, make a day of it and all that.

    I have gone on midland mainline and checked it all out, the only problem is the following:

    eturn journey: Tuesday 28 October 2008From CYP CYP
    To NOT NOT
    Depart 23:43 00:15
    Arrive 08:20 08:29
    Changes 4 3
    Duration 8:37 8:14
    Details View View

    Why does it take 8 hours to get from Palace to Nottingham, or am i missing something?

    Similar Threads:

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Daniel
    Guest

    Default Re: Crystal Palce Away

    4 Changes* I'd rather drive it.. I may go to this game actually... Short-ish drive for me


  4. #3
    winnits
    Guest

    Default Re: Crystal Palce Away

    Presumably because of the waiting time between your changes.


  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    303

    Default Re: Crystal Palce Away

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    4 Changes* I'd rather drive it.. I may go to this game actually... Short-ish drive for me
    Ah cheers, I've just spotted that, im not ust to going on a train. I tend to go on the club coach but I'd like to leave at a time that suits me.

    I might get a train there and the club coach back?


  6. #5
    winnits
    Guest

    Default Re: Crystal Palce Away

    You'd have to pay for both ways on the coach... but it's do-able, yes - and is probably cheaper than a train ticket.

    You could look into National Express or similar to get to London at an earlier time?


  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    303

    Default Re: Crystal Palce Away

    Quote Originally Posted by Winnits
    You'd have to pay for both ways on the coach... but it's do-able, yes - and is probably cheaper than a train ticket.

    You could look into National Express or similar to get to London at an earlier time?
    Thanks for the advice but I've decided to opt for the club coach. The train costs more and Crystal Palce station isn't close to the ground so it wouldn't be worth the extra money.

    Anyone else going to this?


  8. #7
    winnits
    Guest

    Default Re: Crystal Palce Away

    I've not made up my mind yet, I might do - I've been quite last-minute-ish with my away match decisions so far this season.

    I've been to Selhurst Park so many times though, and it doesn't get any prettier.


  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,288

    Default Re: Crystal Palce Away

    I will be going to this. The tramp may be back off his world tour so no doubt he will bully me into driving there.


  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,454

    Default Re: Crystal Palce Away

    Quote Originally Posted by bond007
    Thanks for the advice but I've decided to opt for the club coach. The train costs more and Crystal Palce station isn't close to the ground so it wouldn't be worth the extra money.

    Anyone else going to this?
    You want Thornton Heath Station. It's seconds away.


  11. #10
    Daniel
    Guest

    Default Re: Crystal Palce Away

    Everything in that area is dreary


  12. #11
    winnits
    Guest

    Default Re: Crystal Palce Away

    Quote Originally Posted by Stratty
    I will be going to this. The tramp may be back off his world tour so no doubt he will bully me into driving there.
    If Stratty's driving I'll go


  13. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,288

    Default Re: Crystal Palce Away

    Quote Originally Posted by Winnits
    If Stratty's driving I'll go
    Rudeness!


  14. #13
    winnits
    Guest

    Default Re: Crystal Palce Away

    I'll even bring you a CD to make the journey go quicker


  15. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,288

    Default Re: Crystal Palce Away

    Quote Originally Posted by Winnits
    I'll even bring you a CD to make the journey go quicker
    My car doesn't have a CD player!


  16. #15
    winnits
    Guest

    Default Re: Crystal Palce Away

    Quote Originally Posted by Stratty
    My car doesn't have a CD player!
    In that case, I shall bring some speakers for my iPhone


  17. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,288

    Default Re: Crystal Palce Away

    Quote Originally Posted by Winnits
    In that case, I shall bring some speakers for my iPhone



  18. #17
    Scandalous and Shameless
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,543

    Default Re: Crystal Palce Away

    I will definitely be going to this since it's semi local for me but I am gutted that it is yet another midweek game. *

    The ground is quite a walk from the station though and it is actually nowhere near Crystal Palace station! *Think the closest was called something like Thornton Heath but there were a few depending on where you're coming from.


  19. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,288

    Default Re: Crystal Palce Away

    Quote Originally Posted by Truly Madeley Deeply
    You want Thornton Heath Station. It's seconds away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forest Liz
    Think the closest was called something like Thornton Heath but there were a few depending on where you're coming from.
    I heard Thornton Heath isn't far away from the ground?


  20. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,454

    Default Re: Crystal Palce Away

    No, you want Thornton Heath.


  21. #20

    Default Re: Crystal Palce Away

    I am seeing as its in half term lol.


  22. #21
    Daniel
    Guest

    Default Re: Crystal Palce Away

    Well If you lot come in early enough, maybe we can go for a bite to eat before the game?


  23. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,288

    Default Re: Crystal Palce Away

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    Well If you lot come in early enough, maybe we can go for a bite to eat before the game?*
    Jellied Eals don't agree with me i'm afraid. :P


  24. #23

    Default Re: Crystal Palce Away

    ill be heading down to this one!


  25. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,117

    Default Re: Crystal Palce Away

    i'm hoping to go to this one,, although its still a pain in the arse for me to get to and im gonna be more local than most of you.

    the football grounds website recommends Thornton Heath - 15 mins walk to the ground


  26. #25

    Default Re: Crystal Palce Away

    ill prob drive down


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •