Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Football Manager 2009

Default Football Manager 2009

[img width=665 height=154]http://www.footballmanager.net/common/images/01.jpg[/img]
    [img width=390 height=274]http://www.footballmanager.net/common/images/02_en.jpg[/img][img width=275 height=274]http://www.footballmanager.net/common/images/03.jpg[/img]
    [img width=665 height=187]http://www.footballmanager.net/common/images/04.jpg[/img]
    [img width=665 height=187]http://www.footballmanager.net/common/images/05.jpg[/img]

Features announcement tomorrow. Believe you me, some of the new stuff is awesome!

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Football Manager 2009

I heard there is some big changes ?

What sort of new features ?

Revolution not evolution is the mantra they are repeating at SI.

The best new feature I can think of, off the top of my head, is a post match "bottle of wine" with opposition managers that will help build relationships within the game. Also, I think you'll be able to give subs instructions when you bring them on. Currently you can only do that during half-time.

There's loads more that I can't think of at the mo, but bear in mind that it won't be out until Novemeber at the earliest. There's a possibilty that they'll miss Christmas.

The biggest change we all know is the removal of tactic arrows.

I'l be playing fm live instead

Looking forward to playing this. Haven't played FM08 for nearly a year! Sold it months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by duncan_nffc
    I'l be playing fm live instead*
    it gets boring after awhile though

Quote Originally Posted by wesizleftpeg
    Looking forward to playing this.* Haven't played FM08 for nearly a year!* Sold it months ago.
    Aye, FM08 is crap. This version just wasn't fun and far too frustrating to play, which is why I'm glad I didn't buy it!

I've got to admit I found FM08 much more difficult than previous versions. I'll freely admit I'm not a brilliant manager, and so some of my failings are mine and mine alone, but even with them I have managed to make Forest very successful in FM2006, and to a lesser extent in FM2007. In FM2008 the closest I got to the big time was a Championship play-off final defeat. I also found it almost impossible to find and sign high quality players, while the AI teams seemed to find it much easier.

I'm still looking forward to FM2009 though. Forest in the Championship, bring it on!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joebiline
    it gets boring after awhile though
    youre probs just not very good.

I heard that there's an amazing new feature called Guy Moussi.

Rumour has it the game will feature a 3d match engine.

I really really hope thats not true

Quote Originally Posted by Super MJ!
    Rumour has it the game will feature a 3d match engine.

I really really hope thats not true*
    I'm sat here on both SFM and LTLF, and I'm just seeing the same things being relayed back and forth by you.

Quote Originally Posted by Azza
    I'm sat here on both SFM and LTLF, and I'm just seeing the same things being relayed back and forth by you.
    I am a member of SFM but it wasnt me that that said about the 3d Match Engine

Just passing on the news boss

AKA Randy Bumgardener

I would of thought there would be an option to turn off the 3d match engine. I can't wait though. A lot of lessons have been learned from 08 and I hope they are taken into account for 09

'The cross came in from Majewski, and Blackstock slid in, Gabriel Tamas attached to him in the manner in which a baby chimpanzee clings to its mother' Dexter Blackstock vs West Brom

I haven't been paying too much attention to the FM forums (I always get the feeling they're populated by teenagers who do nothing but play FM and look down on anyone who actually goes outside, or hasn't lead Rushden to the Champions League within six seasons). What is the general feedback from FM2008 and rumours (other than those above) about FM2009?

Oh great, another football manager game.

Every year I promise myself that I'm not going to buy it as I've usually got a steady game going on one of the previous editions that I enjoy playing now and again (I'm someone who enjoys the game more after about five seasons after a few power shifts have taken place) and there's no need for a new version...

Then I hear about all the new features and I cave in...

I find FM bloody easy. But I'm the kind of person that meticulously scours the transfer market and clubs all over the world for hidden gems. I take a while getting from game to game, making sure everything is perfect.

My brother, on the other hand, can get through a season in a day or two!

I found getting Forest to the premiership much easier than usual and I thought that the actual game was much easier this time, the only hard bit for me is signing players. I've took Forest thurther on 08 than I've done on any previous version.

I too don't want a 3D match engine, but I reckon we will get one ...

As long as the match engine is good I don't care whether it's 3D, 2D or 34DD.

But having played a fair few manager games down the years a proper Fifa-esque 3D match engine in a manager game is something that is yet to be done well. I used to play a manager game called FourFourTwo (yes, after the magazine) and the match engine on that was ridiculous. All you had to do was tell you players to shoot anywhere around the half way line and the vast majority of shots sailed right in...I made Chester City the most successful team on the planet using that method...despite having conference standard players in terms of statistics.

Another bizarre thing was that despite the keepers being hopeless from long range...they were nearly unbeatable from close proximity efforts.

LMA manager used to have a half decent 3D match engine but again, after a fair bit of playing the numerous flaws became more apparent and ever the more irksome.

its september the 3rd were are these annoucments

3D match engine?

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

They wish!

No chance I'm afraid. They're having enough problems with 2D.

Championship Manager is going 3D, but Superman couldn't save that sorry shower.

Arrows have been removed, in order to prevent super-tactics.

More as and when I get it.

A 3D match engine would be a complete waste of time.

Hopefully they release a more 'finished' version this time, last year the game was virtually unplayable until the first patch came out.

a decent 3d match engine would ensure only us that own super computers could play the game.

a shit 3d match engine would be... well... shit.