Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Joey Barton

AKA Randy Bumgardener

Default Joey Barton

Anyone see the little shit on MOTD ? Swiped out Nasri (ok, got the ball but led a suspicious elbow in the groin) followed by that smug smile, oh and the blatant dive. Fair play to Keegan for having a go at him on the pitch.

I can't stand the little shit. I hope he gets a hefty ban and fine at the hearing !!
    I wish we were playing them to see him up against Jules and Wes lol

Similar Threads:
    'The cross came in from Majewski, and Blackstock slid in, Gabriel Tamas attached to him in the manner in which a baby chimpanzee clings to its mother' Dexter Blackstock vs West Brom

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Joey Barton

Keegan was having a go at Nasri for tripping him up.

Quote: "You wanna watch yourself. He won't still be suspended when we play you at home. How good are you with one leg?"

Rice IV

I actually think it was a bad idea to have him in the side.

He is going to get abuse at every ground he goes to, and he doesn't have the skill or flamboyance of someone like Ronaldo, who silenced the booing with his ability.

Because of this he will let it get to him, and he will lash out.

If I'd beaten someone up at work, chances are I wouldn't still be working in the industry. I'd have been sacked on the spot, and then no other company would touch me.

He's had countless second chances, and the FA need to do something about him. He's a thug, a bully and the sort of person that footballing talent is wasted on.

I hope we draw them in the cup. I don't usually condone any form of violence, but I doubt he would be so cocky when faced with the Moose, and our defenders.

Talk to me, Goose.

Quote Originally Posted by Freiro Cornholio
    Anyone see the little shit on MOTD ? Swiped out Nasri (ok, got the ball but led a suspicious elbow in the groin) followed by that smug smile, oh and the blatant dive. Fair play to Keegan for having a go at him on the pitch.

I can't stand the little shit. I hope he gets a hefty ban and fine at the hearing !!
    I wish we were playing them to see him up against Jules and Wes lol
    Joey Barton is a ****, but that was a superb tackle.

I like Barton and really want him to do well. he needs to lower the tone on his tackles and behaviour a bit though.
    to be honest he's a 70s/80s toughman playing in the modern day and i rate a tough tackler/ normally a foul player than one of the diving *****. id much rather have him ripping people up in my team than having someone going down when some one runs past them

Rice IV

That may well be, but tough tacklers don't push lit cigars into the yes of 14 year olds, or beat up team mates, or stamp on peoples' heads outisde a kebab house.

Do you know much about his background? Whilst the actions of someones relatives shouldn't reflect on the individual, it is also worth noting that it was his brother that killed Anthony Walker. As I said, there has to be some degree of separation, but it does make you think: One brother kills someone with an ice axe in a racist rown, the other brother does this:

[img width=540 height=320]http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00038/F_200705_May05ed_img_38883a.jpg[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by richjcrouch
    That may well be, but tough tacklers don't push lit cigars into the yes of 14 year olds, or beat up team mates, or stamp on peoples' heads outisde a kebab house.

Do you know much about his background? Whilst the actions of someones relatives shouldn't reflect on the individual, it is also worth noting that it was his brother that killed Anthony Walker. As I said, there has to be some degree of separation, but it does make you think: One brother kills someone with an ice axe in a racist rown, the other brother does this:

[img width=540 height=320]http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00038/F_200705_May05ed_img_38883a.jpg[/img]
    yes i no all about his background and thats what needs to be erased from his game. i can see now hes been in prison it will of made him want to sort it out. i dont think the tough tackling will leave his game and i hope it dosn't or there wouldnt be much to barton. i suppose time will tell and we'll see how long before messes up again. or if hes sorted himself out.

Quote Originally Posted by richjcrouch
    Do you know much about his background? Whilst the actions of someones relatives shouldn't reflect on the individual, it is also worth noting that it was his brother that killed Anthony Walker.
    Eh?

Rich, you agree that things like that shouldn't be brought into the mix, and then you bring it right in!

My brother is a twat, currently doing 49(?)hrs community service and paying a £119 fine for drunken assault. This is no reflection on me though, despite anything I may have done.

On the football side of Barton; I do like him, he has good effort, determined, work rate good. Not bad shot on him too.
    But off the pitch; hes a tosser.

AKA Randy Bumgardener

He is talking to a top half club. Offer is being accepted !!!!!!!!!

In regards to the first post I believe that Barton's tackle on Nasri was well timed, nothing wrong with it what so ever. Keegan was clearly defending Joey when he was tripped by Nasri rather than attacking him.

Rice IV

Quote Originally Posted by northernmonkey MBE
    Eh?

Rich, you agree that things like that shouldn't be brought into the mix, and then you bring it right in!

My brother is a twat, currently doing 49(?)hrs community service and paying a £119 fine for drunken assault. This is no reflection on me though, despite anything I may have done.
    You're right. It definitely doesn't reflect on one person to the next.

What I was hinting at was the similarity of the attack. If Barton had had an ice pick, would he have used it? Probably.

AKA Randy Bumgardener

Maybe it's my blinkered dislike for the guy that swayed it. One of the few people I hope career crashes and burns !!

He doesn't deserve to have the opportunity to play at the highest level

I actually like Barton from his time at City and rate him as a footballer.

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

From what I gather (and I take this from Alan Green on r5) - Barton came on, went in hard but fair on Nasri.
    Nasri has a bit of a tantrum and deliberately legs up Barton shortly after, and the referee takes action.

Would someone please explain to me why Nasri wasn't dealt with for the offence of retaliation, which is a straight red card?

Anyway - on topic, Joey Barton is a nasty piece of work, and if the FA has any bottle they'll ban him for SUCH a long time that his career in professional football is over. The game should be strong enough to ensure that there is no place for that sort of person and those sort of offences in it.

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

Rice IV

Can't disagree with that. The challenge on Nasri was an excellent one, which was met with petulance.

I got the feeling Arsenal had been told to try and wind him up if he came on.

That aside, he is a horrible human being and he should be banned for a long time. Too many second chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Freiro Cornholio
    He is talking to a top half club. Offer is being accepted !!!!!!!!!
    it supposed to be Portsmouth

Dinosaur Prick

Yeah. Diarra to Spurs, Barton to Portsmouth. Apparantly. Who fucking knows where people are gonna end up!

Barton is scum, if he didn't have a talent then he would be probably in jail for robbery of burglary.

Barton says he wants to stay at Newcastle because he owes the club and the fans alot.

winnits

Aye, he's probably pinched their car stereos...

Banned

Whilst accepting, without any argument that Barton is a seriously nasty piece of humanity....................................He is not in a profession where his character has to be spotless, he is not and will never be a leader of men, a man youngsters aspire to be like...So why deny the man the ability to earn his living to the best of his ability.

Ther are so many trades and occupations out in Industry that a spotless character counts for very little..............why should Football be any different ?

Quote Originally Posted by sedgred
    Whilst accepting, without any argument that Barton is a seriously nasty piece of humanity....................................He is not in a profession where his character has to be spotless, he is not and will never be a leader of men, a man youngsters aspire to be like...So why deny the man the ability to earn his living to the best of his ability.

Ther are so many trades and occupations out in Industry that a spotless character counts for very little..............why should Football be any different ?
    Because it's in the public eye and unfortunately he will be "a man youngsters aspire to be like".

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Marshdweller
    Because it's in the public eye and unfortunately he will be "a man youngsters aspire to be like".
    Driving through Nottm last Wednesday, Smithy remarked on a top of the range Range Rover, smoked windows, private plates the lot....his pal has a great deal to do with the top cars security systems...Smithy phoned him and identified the reg mark.......back comes the name and occupation of said owner. His work creates a great deal more dam,age than Joey Barton, Yet how many people on here have indulged with illegal substances ?.

Without them, this man would be out of work....................Pot and Kettle Black springs to mind.

We broke hos toe. Best thing we ever did