Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28

Thread: mark byrne

      
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8

    Default mark byrne

    hi guys i am a rushden & diamonds fan and i was just woundering if u lot have heard any news about him coming back on loan again to us next season

    Similar Threads:

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    JOIN ME
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,948

    Default Re: mark byrne

    never heard of him

    is he good?


  4. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: mark byrne

    we got him on loan from you last season central midfielder. yes he was awesome for us last season he came second behind are captain for player of the season and i think he got fans player of the season. are manager said in the local newspaper that he mite be coming back on loan again so i was just asking to see if anybody has any news on him coming back on loan again


  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,548

    Default Re: mark byrne

    Quote Originally Posted by singardfc View Post
    we got him on loan from you last season central midfielder. yes he was awesome for us last season he came second behind are captain for player of the season and i think he got fans player of the season. are manager said in the local newspaper that he mite be coming back on loan again so i was just asking to see if anybody has any news on him coming back on loan again
    Ignore VanHooijdonk he is a wind up merchant..lol

    Not heard anything of him going back to you, but i cant see him getting any 1st team action here at Forest to be honest with you, He is a decent player and wouldnt surprise me if we do send him back out on loan, but to who, that is the question, i suppose if R&D come knocking and he enjoyed it there then i wouldnt see any problem, But at the end of the day its up to Forest.


  6. #5
    JOIN ME
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,948

    Default Re: mark byrne

    well i hope he does go back to you, you sound nice.

    you can also have adebola, lynch, and mcgoldrick if you want.


  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,548

    Default Re: mark byrne

    Quote Originally Posted by VanHooijdonk View Post
    well i hope he does go back to you, you sound nice.

    you can also have adebola, lynch, and mcgoldrick if you want.

    Now i really hope that comes true.


  8. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: mark byrne

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Von View Post
    Ignore VanHooijdonk he is a wind up merchant..lol

    Not heard anything of him going back to you, but i cant see him getting any 1st team action here at Forest to be honest with you, He is a decent player and wouldnt surprise me if we do send him back out on loan, but to who, that is the question, i suppose if R&D come knocking and he enjoyed it there then i wouldnt see any problem, But at the end of the day its up to Forest.
    yea i no it is and i hope they do let him come back. cause we have just signed alan power who used to play in central midfield with bryne in your reserve side


  9. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: mark byrne

    Quote Originally Posted by VanHooijdonk View Post
    well i hope he does go back to you, you sound nice.

    you can also have adebola, lynch, and mcgoldrick if you want.
    i wish we could have them aswell but never going to happen lol


  10. #9
    East Midlands Finest
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Notts
    Posts
    85

    Default Re: mark byrne

    Have him! The guy is far too small, weak and in all honesty not good enough to even succeed at this club.

    Couldn't believe we'd renewed his contract TBH.


  11. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: mark byrne

    Quote Originally Posted by ldsmd View Post
    Have him! The guy is far too small, weak and in all honesty not good enough to even succeed at this club.

    Couldn't believe we'd renewed his contract TBH.
    thats a fair point you have there mate. the championship is a big jump from the blue square premier but he done a fantastic job for us in the blue square premier last season and us lot love him at R&D he was are second best player last season behind are captain


  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Rome
    Posts
    237

    Default Re: mark byrne

    Quote Originally Posted by singardfc View Post
    i wish we could have them aswell but never going to happen lol
    As well as Perch, you can have him for free , no sorry i'll pay you to have him lol


  13. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: mark byrne

    Quote Originally Posted by gladiator View Post
    As well as Perch, you can have him for free , no sorry i'll pay you to have him lol
    lollollol come on guys they carnt be that bad can they


  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Northampton
    Posts
    361

    Default Re: mark byrne

    Well I'm just hoping we have another cheeky friendly down at Nene Park again this year. Has been great to watch the boys close to home the past couple of years even if they have been somewhat muddled up squads due to the double friendlies we arrange. I do like that policy though as it gives everyone a run out and they mix it up nicely so that you have a good combo of experience and youth as opposed to a clear first and second eleven.

    Good luck for next season Singard. The Blue Square is a tough place to get out of and it is a shame you ended up back down there in the first place.


  15. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    In shoe shops
    Posts
    1,458

    Default Re: mark byrne

    Delusions of grandeur for some.....


  16. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    SHAQUE D'AMOUR
    Posts
    8,395

    Default Re: mark byrne

    Quote Originally Posted by gladiator View Post
    As well as Perch, you can have him for free , no sorry i'll pay you to have him lol
    Have you been for the counseling yet?

    I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

  17. #16
    winnits
    Guest

    Default Re: mark byrne

    He's signed a new deal with us, and it's unlikely he'll get into the team so I imagine we will seek to loan him out.


  18. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: mark byrne

    Quote Originally Posted by soulmonkeylove View Post
    Well I'm just hoping we have another cheeky friendly down at Nene Park again this year. Has been great to watch the boys close to home the past couple of years even if they have been somewhat muddled up squads due to the double friendlies we arrange. I do like that policy though as it gives everyone a run out and they mix it up nicely so that you have a good combo of experience and youth as opposed to a clear first and second eleven.

    Good luck for next season Singard. The Blue Square is a tough place to get out of and it is a shame you ended up back down there in the first place.
    yes mate it would be good if we could have another friendly cause i thought that gave us a good test when played. cheers mate i think if we can get bryne back next season and add 1 or 2 more players then we should be ok. And good luck to your lads aswell because forest belong in 1 league and 1 league only and that is the prem and dont let any others tell you differant more so them lot across the river


  19. #18
    East Midlands Finest
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Notts
    Posts
    85

    Default Re: mark byrne

    Quote Originally Posted by Winnits View Post
    He's signed a new deal with us, and it's unlikely he'll get into the team so I imagine we will seek to loan him out.
    ....and promptly release him next summer


  20. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: mark byrne

    Quote Originally Posted by ldsmd View Post
    ....and promptly release him next summer
    then he can come to us on a two year contract


  21. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    3,364

    Default Re: mark byrne

    Yeah he just signed a new deal so Billy must rate him. Was he good for you then ?


  22. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,632

    Default Re: mark byrne

    I imagine Forest will try and get him a loan deal at a League club. He did well at R&D last year, so they should be looking to see if he can do it at a higher level. There'd be no point renewing his contract otherwise.

    He always impressed me in the reserves, some of the stick on here is a bit harsh.


  23. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    593

    Default Re: mark byrne

    Quote Originally Posted by singardfc View Post
    yes mate it would be good if we could have another friendly cause i thought that gave us a good test when played. cheers mate i think if we can get bryne back next season and add 1 or 2 more players then we should be ok. And good luck to your lads aswell because forest belong in 1 league and 1 league only and that is the prem and dont let any others tell you differant more so them lot across the river
    Cheers pal, although through my early morning haze I did actually read that as "Forest belong in League 1"

    Alan Power should do a decent job for you as well, he wasn't the most technically gifted but he's a fiery little character who loved nothing more than rattling a few cages and if you do get Byrne he'd be a good foil for him.


  24. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Arnold, Nottingham
    Posts
    632

    Default Re: mark byrne

    yes this is all very good, but nobody will ever replace gary butterworth, im sorry.


  25. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    East Notts
    Posts
    5,637

    Default Re: mark byrne

    What sort of midfielder has he turned out to be then singardfc?

    Attacking? Defensive? What's made him such a fave with the fans? Goals? Tackles? Attitude and work rate?

    Oh, btw "are manager" should be "our manager", and "mite" is spelled "might". Just saying, not being a bitch.

    Good luck next season, except maybe against Mansfield! EDIT: Oh, and against Wimbledon, I yearn for the day they get promoted and play the MK Franchise Dons, and win.


  26. #25

    Default Re: mark byrne

    I really rate Byrne from the couple of times I've seen him play. His touch and passing are superb. His only weak point is that he's about 4ft tall.

    I'd definitely expect him to be loaned out again. Perhaps at a higher level than Rushden though.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •