Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Paul Jewell Sacked??

Daniel

Default Paul Jewell Sacked??

Derby manager Paul Jewell has left the Championship strugglers after talks with chairman Adam Pearson.
    The club are a point adrift at the foot of the table following a 2-0 defeat by Barnsley on Saturday.

"We have decided mutually in the best interest of both parties that to go our separate ways is the correct decision at this time," said Pearson.

The move has been engineered to give derby little under 2 weeks to find a new manager before their next league game on September 13th, ironically a day short of the anniversary of their last league win.

Derby have just one point so far this season, which came against Bristol City, and have conceded 5 league goals with only 1 in reply.

The side have struggled to come to terms with relegation from the top flight after Jewel, who joined in November 2007, failed to stave off relegation from the premier league last season and has failed to win in 36 league games and winning only once in 90 minutes of football in that period, despite making numerous signings during the summer months.

Knee jerk.
    Despite giving the manager his backing on only Thursday Adam Pearson has denied that the decision is not a 'knee jerk' reaction to the defeat at Oakwell, insisting that Paul Jewell felt he was no longer 'inspired' and felt the challenge was too much for him too deal with along with losing the support of the long suffering Derby County fan base.

Pearson claims to have already been approached by several 'high profile' managers well before Jewell was shown the door, 'the international break will give the club the time it needs to appoint a new manager however we will not be rushed into making the wrong choice'.

Ex Derby County manager Billy Davies has already distanced himself from the position along with Scotland assistant Terry Butcher, Paul Simpson is said to be keen on a return to his old club.

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Rice IV

Default Re: Paul Jewell Sacked!!!

Shit

He was doing so well.

Talk to me, Goose.

Monk De Wally De Honk

Source?? nothing on the bbc a the moment, although i am in frnace , so it has to stop at customs and be analy probed

fucking hope not, he is doing a wonderful job there

Didnt win a league game!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Rice IV

Not a lot of things from Derby make it to France.

Maybe the story will sneak under the BBC window...

Daniel

Default Re: Paul Jewell Sacked?

Allegedly this is a well written wind up posted on the BBC! So you can breathe a sigh of relief. lol lol

Monk De Wally De Honk

Very disappointed of course

Hope Joe Kineer is interested

Monk De Wally De Honk

Default Re: Paul Jewell Sacked??

shit, i didnt read dan's post, i am delighted he is staying, over the moon so to speak, happy as a pig in shit

My mate reckons hes gone but hes a 606 reader so wouldnt read much into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack.........
    My mate reckons hes gone but hes a 606 reader so wouldnt read much into it.
    Why have you added a 'C' to your name Jack?

Weren't you Jak?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    The side have struggled to come to terms with relegation from the top flight after Jewel, who joined in November 2007, failed to stave off relegation from the premier league last season and has failed to win in 36 league games and winning only once in 90 minutes of football in that period, despite making numerous signings during the summer months.
    Not so well written.

Good news though, hopefully he will continue to steer them to further relegations for many years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Spring Heeled Jack
    Why have you added a 'C' to your name Jack?

Weren't you Jak?
    Yea people were calling me Jake in the chat room when it comes up "jakeastwoodred" as my loging so time to make it clear im "Jack" and not "Jake"

winnits

I'm Jake the peg, diddle-iddle-iddle-um...

Monk De Wally De Honk

with the extra leg diddle-iddle-iddle-um

winnits

Where ever I go come rain or snow..

Rice # 42

The people always let me know...................