Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marlon Harewood

Default Re: Marlon Harewood

He said that he was interested in going to a turkish side when he was in the pub

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Season Ticket Holder

THAT goal against Palace I think it was, at the CG, when he turned his man on the half way line, powered down the flank and crashed it in from the tightest angle. Greatest Marlon memory for me.

But I'm from the same school of thought when it concerns Marlon, as I was when people wanted Psycho as manager. Better savour the memories we have rather than potentially ruin them.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Wilse View Post
    So you would prefer to keep McGoldrick and Adebola than get Harewood?
    I said NO to Harewood (MY OPINION) don't start ASSUMING who I would prefer to who - I have my own opinions about McGoldrick and Adebola - the thread wasn't about those two.

Quote Originally Posted by PSR View Post
    I said NO to Harewood (MY OPINION) don't start ASSUMING who I would prefer to who - I have my own opinions about McGoldrick and Adebola - the thread wasn't about those two.
    Calm down dear.....it was just a question!

whatever happened to respect on this forum?

No wonder my post count..

Quote Originally Posted by alfordred View Post
    whatever happened to respect on this forum?
    I think he was gassed.

MOTHERFUCKINGDEXTERBLOODYBLACKSTOCKOHMYFUCKINGGODY ESGETINYOUMOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FUCKINGHAVESOMEOFTHATYOUCUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Wilse View Post
    Calm down dear.....it was just a question!
    I think you will find there is a difference between a question and a statement,
    yours was a definate statement.

By-the-way; I'm always calm - love

I think you will find there is a difference between a question and a statement,
    yours was a definate statement.

By-the-way; I'm always calm - love
    No it wasn't it was a question, as shown by the question mark. lol

It was quite a reasonable question too. If we replaced those two players with Marlon we would be a better team in my opinion.

He wont return as Forest wont pay his wages.

He has had a few premiership clubs interested in him, along with a turkish side and a scottish.

At the moment he is just kicking back in the sun and in no rush to go anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by smithy View Post
    He wont return as Forest wont pay his wages.

He has had a few premiership clubs interested in him, along with a turkish side and a scottish.

At the moment he is just kicking back in the sun and in no rush to go anywhere.
    Quite right too. We need young players who will improve and increase in value. That's the way we've done things for a while and we shouldn't change now. We need to find future Prem players.

I like Marlon but if you bring in a Premiership striker on big wages it has to be a short term thing and they have to be better than Marlon. Ian Wright for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    Quite right too. We need young players who will improve and increase in value. That's the way we've done things for a while and we shouldn't change now. We need to find future Prem players.

I like Marlon but if you bring in a Premiership striker on big wages it has to be a short term thing and they have to be better than Marlon. Ian Wright for example.
    I agree, none of us want to see Forest in trouble again!

I can also understand why Marlon is holding out for high wages as he is 30 so this next contract is probably his last big pay packet.

No it wasn't it was a question, as shown by the question mark. lol

It was quite a reasonable question too. If we replaced those two players with Marlon we would be a better team in my opinion.
    That is your opinion - I stated mine with an emphatic NO

That is your opinion - I stated mine with an emphatic NO
    No you had a PSR trademark hissy fit.

East Midlands Finest

This is why I thank ND for having a transfer panel because if it was left to Billy, these are the exact types of signings we'd be making.

Harewood is a great player don't get me wrong but we can get so much more with our money. The wages he'd be wanting could be enough to pay wages of one or two decent players in this league.

Any signing we make now, they need to be good enough to make the jump to the PL. I just can't see it with Harewood.

yam

If we replaced those two players with Marlon we would be a better team in my opinion.
    If we replaced those two with Brian Clough's statue we'd have a better team.......

NO
    agreed

Official Photographer

No you had a PSR trademark hissy fit.
    He should get the copyright. *eyeroll*

I belong to nobody!!!

If he would have been made available 2 or 3 years ago I would have said go for it. I loved Marlon whilst he was with us but sadly he's passed it now.

Banned

I think signing Marlon on a one year contract with an option for a second on reasonable wages would be good business. He has such ties to the club which would galvanise him and make him give that little bit extra just like Harris at Millwall or Fowler at Liverpool.

He also did get 5 goals in 15 games for Newcastle, a respectable enough return. In the whole of last season McGoldrick and Tyson could only manage that between them and Adebola also only scored three times. He would be a far better option then any of those three (not that it's hard as none of them are good enough for this level). I would also back him to be just as good as the over-rated Blackstock.

Perhaps we can do better and if we're in for better options then that's all to the good but I think we could do a lot worse than Harewood.

Quote Originally Posted by TrentEndBen View Post
    THAT goal against Palace I think it was, at the CG, when he turned his man on the half way line, powered down the flank and crashed it in from the tightest angle. Greatest Marlon memory for me.

But I'm from the same school of thought when it concerns Marlon, as I was when people wanted Psycho as manager. Better savour the memories we have rather than potentially ruin them.
    that was against stoke, one of his first half 4 goals, one of the best individual performances i've ever seen at CG.

I belong to nobody!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lemonforest View Post
    that was against stoke, one of his first half 4 goals, one of the best individual performances i've ever seen at CG.
    It was against Palace. The man he turned was Tony Popovic.

winnits

Yeah, definitely against Palace

Banned

My favourite ever Forest goal, I had a brilliant view of it from my spot in the A Block.

I belong to nobody!!!

Same here