Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: punch drunk

Default punch drunk

show the lads this before Blackpool http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI-RO51QMf8
    punch drunk indeed.

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Tudders number 1 fan

Default Re: punch drunk

2 things that didnt happen again much after this match, Davies played like Messi and Dobie scored a forest Goal

We really made Davis look good with that first goal, didn't we?

I keep trying to forget this match but it just keeps coming back to haunt me. I just couldn't help but watch it again despite knowing how depressing it is. On the up side Forest really are a lot better team now and I feel a lot more positive about the team then I did that season. Keep the faith.

Come on u reds!

i honestly cant remember that night what so ever and i was only 14 :/

Even though it's longer ago the Sheffield game depresses me more.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrTe4b7Dces[/YOUTUBE]

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by ALiSTAiR View Post

[YOUTUBE]YrTe4b7Dces[/YOUTUBE]
    That will always be the worst moment I remember of being a forest fan. Despite all the relegations and all the humiliation of league 1....nothing has ever been as crushingly dissappointed as that second half.

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

couldn't agree more with the sheff utd comment, 1) we knew the hart team was good and capable of something special, that first calderwood team was a spineless one and we knew it, 2) losing to sheff u and warnock is always going to be far worse than losing to a decent club like yeovil

Scandalous and Shameless

I agree, the Sheffield Utd loss was even more painful than the Yeovil one.

Maybe I am watching with rose tinted specs but I think our team today is better than that team.

My heart breaks for Des every time I see that clip - I'm just glad that clip didn't show him crying at the end

I can't bring myself to watch that Sheffield United game again. I can never remember feeling so empty or numb as I did for that game. I was only 14 but I can't think of a more painful experience than that day, at least when i look back at the Yeovil I can feel as though we lost to the better side on the day.

I also think that side was actually a better (or should that be more balanced) side than the one that we have at the moment. I think our current side lacks the attacking opitons that we got from Louis-Jean (where is he now) and Jimbo. Its a close run thing, but I think that side would have been pushing for automatic had Billy been manager back then instead of Hart.

That said, its all hypothetical. Can't remember the last time I was this excited about Forest. Its going to be different this time, I can feel it! YOU REDS!

Banned

I Disagree about the play-offs, I think being humiliated by Yeovil thanks to Calderwood's utter tactical ineptitude was 100x worse than losing to Sheffield United. We conceded 5 goals at home to a lesser side and were comprehensively outplayed over both legs and had it not been for Smith it would have been double figures. The fact he got MOTM despite shipping 5 goals says it all really.

Sheff Utd our young heroes gave it their all but it just wasn't enough but they could hold their heads up high that night.

Why be so depressing , the other yeovil match video is far better. lol

[YOUTUBE]HcChzvKGKrA[/YOUTUBE]

Aww man. I remember being in the chat room during that game and it was as if none of us could really believe what was happening. That we had snatched 2nd.

#FindElaine

4.56 was that the last time the big flag was seen?

Please donate to my #MPCC14 JustGiving page @ Justgiving.com/FindElaine

brings back so many different memories either amazingly high or so very painfully low.

Scandalous and Shameless

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post

That brings back some amazing memories of that day!

Quote Originally Posted by alfordred View Post
    show the lads this before Blackpool http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI-RO51QMf8
    punch drunk indeed.
    Watching that back - I wonder how we even got that far - that team is awful.

Shows how far Wes has come since then mind ...

Quote Originally Posted by ALiSTAiR View Post

[YOUTUBE]YrTe4b7Dces[/YOUTUBE]
    I have not relived this game in years - that year was, until this year, the most sucessful year I've seen us in the TEN years i've been a season ticket holder. I will always remember the 'we love you harty' year - a horrible end

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post

YEY! My Video!

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Quote Originally Posted by ubique View Post
    4.56 was that the last time the big flag was seen?

Yes, thanks to the bloody advertiding hoardings....

"This statement is false."

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

Monk De Wally De Honk

Quote Originally Posted by Flagman View Post
    Yes, thanks to the bloody advertiding hoardings....
    It is an extremely large one you have there.

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

They see me trollin'

We would have won that sheffield match if it wasn't for Druggie Kenny K/Oing Harewood.

Then we had to bring lester up front who was shit, and has proved so since.

Even though it was crushing at the time I have come to the conclusion that this was the best football match I have ever been to. Fun as this season has been there's has not been a single game that can rival the spirit we had that season, it was simply awesome.

Why was that? A combination of things I think.

We hadn't been out of the Prem all that long, there were no sheikhs or billionaires around and I don't think the phrase 'too early to go up' had been invented yet. We were totally skint, and had to sell favourites like Stern John and Bart-Williams. Yet through this adversity everyone came together. We had to play the youth team just to put a team out, but by god what players there were. Who could forget that 0-0 away at Coventry with 9 men. That Jenas solo goal against Bradford where everyone sat up and realised we had an England player on our pitch. Andy Reid grabbing a goal on his debut as we claimed our regulation victory over Sheffield United. The football glued to the floor as though it was magnatised.

There was also a general tangible 'Forest' feel running through the club. Paul Hart was the gaffer. Ian Bowyer and Liam O'Kane were on the bench. Des Walker was back in the back four after coming from Burton reserves, and most amazingly was playing like he'd never been away. Every game was a celebration. I even remember vividly picking up the programme on the first day of the season and noticing Hart had given the first choice XI the squad numbers 1 to 11. Things were being done properly and I lapped it up.

Every game was a celebration. We were over achieving because these young lads brought in to make up the numbers were coping fabulously well. Attendances were sky high throughout and everyone backed what was going on. Just a great time to watch Forest.

It all went downhill after that Sheff United game and I've not enjoyed a season since like I did that one. Even though we're higher up the table this time it doesn't come close to how dedicated I was to that team. What a ride it was though while it lasted!