Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steam

Default Steam

Are there any PC gamers on this site or are you all console fanboys?

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The Boss

Default Re: Steam

Does the pc have any games other than Football Manager?

Quote Originally Posted by stuc View Post
    Does the pc have any games other than Football Manager?
    Solitaire.

I belong to nobody!!!

Minesweeper.

Grim fandango and supreme commander rule, total war is cool too but unless you dig fps games are limited these days. I'm not into racing but there are some decent simulations too. Steam sucks though

Too funny for words.

My kids have a PS3, every game I have that they have my PC pisses on for content and graphics.

It was a serious question, I thought some people might have evolved from the ported shit and limited content that consoles provided and stepped up to proper gaming.

Looks like I was wrong.

Not quite sure why the rant. I mentioned some quality pc games. If it is just about graphics you sound like the biggest fan boy here. Why dont you point out some quality games we're missing out on and please dom't include wow and fps. Pc gaming is fairly dead if you check sales figures, and for the average punter they are far from user friendly. The constant graphic card upgrades, problems with bugs etc make for a frustrating experience. I bought fallout3 on pc last and it wouldn't install, a problem tens of thousands appear to of had too yet i can run crysis in high res.....

COD 4 (5 to a lesser extent)
    Left 4 Dead (and 2)
    Crysis (warhead too)
    Fallout 3
    Far Cry (and 2)
    Assassins Creed (and 2)
    Battlefield series

I'll stop short on MW2, ported piece of shit that left dedicated servers out of the equation and plays like a bag of shit online.

As for the G/card side, yeah I like to try and keep up, but the same could be said for mother board, memory, I'm always looking to upgrade within my budget, every year or so is good enough.

I just want to know if anyone plays on Steam, all I see is console talk........ be nice to play against or with some people from here.

Senior Member?

I go on my PS3 like everyday but I do sometimes play FM & L4D on steam.

I do keep meaning to buy left for dead, but in general i'm just bad at fps games so i'd offer little competition lol if you play supreme commander or total war i will kick your arse though

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    Too funny for words.

My kids have a PS3, every game I have that they have my PC pisses on for content and graphics.

It was a serious question, I thought some people might have evolved from the ported shit and limited content that consoles provided and stepped up to proper gaming.

Looks like I was wrong.
    I evolved from playing Fifa 10 on the Xbox to playing a real life Fifa simulation on Sunday mornings down the park. It's dead realistic.

Not my taste but every rockstar game, including the recent gta expansion packs, manhunter, bully etc are available on steam for about £25...

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post

Assassins Creed (and 2)
    Bad choice fella. The second one has that comedy DRM which is becoming more and more prevalent in pc games, where by you always have to be connected to the internet to play the game. If your connection drops out, the game just shuts off.

They've started leaving bits of code out of the retail disc, meaning the game has to access the server to pull that bit of code so you can play the game.

Its a farce.

Console games have evolved past pc games now in most respects, for anyone other than the most hardcore players I guess.

Just my opinion though- I hate pc games

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

That is because you don't like (polite way of saying can't play) strategy games. The pc rules for them, plus graphic adventures are great. You know i agree about drm though, i've ranted before

Counter Strike.

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by TrickyTart View Post
    That is because you don't like (polite way of saying can't play) strategy games. The pc rules for them, plus graphic adventures are great. You know i agree about drm though, i've ranted before
    lol

Your right, I dont like them. Im not a fan of pc games. Too much effort to get unstable, archaic drm skewed, games to work.

Agree with all that but some things you just can't do with a console and it's limited power coupled with a lack of proper keyboard and mouse

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by TrickyTart View Post
    Agree with all that but some things you just can't do with a console and it's limited power coupled with a lack of proper keyboard and mouse
    Although with a 360 and a ps3 you can actually attatch a keyboard and mouse via usb.

I think the limited power works in its favour, as it means all companies are making games for the same specs- and they are better for it. They know exactly what they are working with, and how it will hold up on the end users tv.

With the pc theres too many variables, which is why so few games are released on pc in comparrisson nowadays

It doesn't have to be a them or us situation though, there is a reason why for instance SI won't release FM on xbox/ps3 (though fuck knows what they're doing pissing about with the psp/iphone) - I agree PC gaming is in more of a mess than jrpg but there is still a place for it

Best served cold

Theres definitely a place for it. Its just stuck so far behind and is in danger of destroying itself. Its targetted so clearly at one small group, it will never really grow beyond shooters or strategy games.

football manager does work better on the pc, as its like looking at a spreadsheet.
    SI did do football manager 06 0r 07 on the 360 and psp but I dont think they did well enough to justify sequels.
    Could be wrong though

You are, they said both the technology and more importantly the user interface was woeful for fm....It is just a spreadsheet/database, in fact i believe you took that quote from me on a previous thread :-) imitation is?

Best served cold

I dont think I did, its been my stock football manager quote for years. I mustve said it to you first

I have a feeling we'll play this who said it first game till i wasn't even born.....That is the trouble with talking to old dudes, well that and the smell of pipe

Best served cold

Its just that we older people know better than you young un's with your space pods and apple rainmac's.

Portal is free on steam until the 24th of the month.