Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 149 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 3713

Thread: Standard of Referees

      
  1. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    108

    Default Re: Standard of Referees

    I thought Wes was covering Wilson and therefore it was a yellow however Wilson sythed someone down in the 2nd half in front of the A Block and was lucky not to get a 2nd yellow in my opinion.

    The ref was poor. He totally ruined the came by stopping and starting. Also what was his problem with players jumping higher than opponents to win a header. Thornhill's first booking was when he'd just won an header, I think Cohen was booked in the first half when he outjumped their number 3 and he also gave a foul against Bennett for somet similar.

    I'd like to know how many free kicks he gave. In the first 20 mins he must have blown his whistle 20 times. I thought Thornhills 2nd yellow possibly was a booking but it doesn't change the fact that the first was bollocks and the lad comitted 2 fouls in the whole game and got a red card, ridiculous. Awful awful display


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    4,972

    Default Re: Standard of Referees

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick.Doyle.Nffc
    We've had some bad referees in the past but This is bad.. even if It is the linesman. Bet Watford were gutted
    So let me get this straight...the linesman got his signals wrong and flagged a goal instead of a corner...and a goal was given?

    Or have I got the wrong end of the stick? Either way I'm going to have to ensure I catch the Championship tomorrow.


  4. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    4,201

    Default Re: Standard of Referees

    The Ref was a joke today, is performance was laughable. But certainly not in a good way.


  5. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    4,972

    Default Re: Standard of Referees

    At around the 10 minute mark I said to my dad "well, this ref doesn't seem as much of a prat as the one we had last week."

    I'd retracted that statement by the end.


  6. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    186

    Default Re: Standard of Referees

    Quote Originally Posted by Baronvon
    At around the 10 minute mark I said to my dad "well, this ref doesn't seem as much of a prat as the one we had last week."

    I'd retracted that statement by the end.
    . The Ref's just seem to be getting worse each game. The standard of Refereeing in Rugby just outclasses Football.


  7. #56

    Default Re: Standard of Referees

    Quote Originally Posted by Baronvon
    At around the 10 minute mark I said to my dad "well, this ref doesn't seem as much of a prat as the one we had last week."

    I'd retracted that statement by the end.
    Hahaha I said exactly the same thing to my dad at that time too

    Disappointing refereeing.


  8. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Gallifrey, Constellation of Kasterborous
    Posts
    3,141

    Default Re: Standard of Referees


  9. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    615

    Default Re: Standard of Referees

    Quote Originally Posted by roco
    I thought Wes was covering Wilson and therefore it was a yellow however Wilson sythed someone down in the 2nd half in front of the A Block and was lucky not to get a 2nd yellow in my opinion.

    The ref was poor. He totally ruined the came by stopping and starting. Also what was his problem with players jumping higher than opponents to win a header. Thornhill's first booking was when he'd just won an header, I think Cohen was booked in the first half when he outjumped their number 3 and he also gave a foul against Bennett for somet similar.

    I'd like to know how many free kicks he gave. In the first 20 mins he must have blown his whistle 20 times. I thought Thornhills 2nd yellow possibly was a booking but it doesn't change the fact that the first was b*****ks and the lad comitted 2 fouls in the whole game and got a red card, ridiculous. Awful awful display
    He gave 33 free kicks yesterday, not including offsides.

    22 were for Charlton

    11 For Forest

    He was utterly wank


  10. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    705

    Default Re: Standard of Referees

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz-NFFC
    * *

    . The Ref's just seem to be getting worse each game. The standard of Refereeing in Rugby just outclasses Football.*
    The standard of refs is clearly gonna be pretty poor so there is little point in blaming us failing to win at on the ref.

    You can argue it wasn't a yellow for the sending off but Wilson should have been sent off anyway.

    Also couldn't understand why people were clapping thornhill afterwards...... only came on at half time.





  11. #60
    Rice 13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    4,584

    Default Re: Standard of Referees

    Quote Originally Posted by jrthelord
    The standard of refs is clearly gonna be pretty poor so there is little point in blaming us failing to win at on the ref.

    You can argue it wasn't a yellow for the sending off but Wilson should have been sent off anyway.

    Also couldn't understand why people were clapping thornhill afterwards...... only came on at half time.


    Not blaming the ref for us not winning just pointing out that he made to many errors to allow the game to flow, don't think i ever heard CC criticise a ref before yesterdays match so think that sums it all up.

    Clapping Thornhill off was warrented in that he had played well until he got sent off, and also a show from the fans that they don't blame him for us being reduced to 10 men.


  12. #61
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    705

    Default Re: Standard of Referees

    well I abused him thoroughly, If that had been my team mate in a sunday league game I would have called him arsehole.

    Didn't need to receive either booking, and didn't play especially well imo.



  13. #62
    Rice 13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    4,584

    Default Re: Standard of Referees

    Quote Originally Posted by jrthelord
    well I abused him thoroughly, If that had been my team mate in a sunday league game I would have called him arsehole.

    Didn't need to receive either booking, and didn't play especially well imo.
    But then again thats why you are called "twat farm graduate" and no one else is.


  14. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    705

    Default Re: Standard of Referees

    i put it on there myself clever clogs.


  15. #64
    They see me trollin'
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    6,151

    Default Re: Standard of Referees

    Quote Originally Posted by jrthelord
    well I abused him thoroughly, If that had been my team mate in a sunday league game I would have called him arsehole.

    Didn't need to receive either booking, and didn't play especially well imo.
    Neither challenge warranted a booking.

    So the arsehole is you.


  16. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    705

    Default Re: Standard of Referees

    BOLLOCKS!!!!!

    The first was a yellow imo and after that he should have realised the ref was an idiot and toned down his challenges


    top dickhead if you ask me.


  17. #66
    They see me trollin'
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    6,151

    Default Re: Standard of Referees

    Quote Originally Posted by jrthelord
    BOLLOCKS!!!!!

    The first was a yellow imo and after that he should have realised the ref was an idiot and toned down his challenges


    top dickhead if you ask me.
    He won a header so thats a yellow?

    What planet are you on? Zog? Bog?


  18. #67
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    705

    Default Re: Standard of Referees

    balls


  19. #68
    Rice 13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    4,584

    Default Re: Standard of Referees

    Quote Originally Posted by jrthelord

    top dickhead is me.
    Thats better.




  20. #69
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    705

    Default Re: Standard of Referees

    haw haw

    well you're entitled to an opinion unfortunately but I still think he didn't deserve clapping.

    did prutton get clapped off against Yeovil?


  21. #70
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    249

    Default Re: Standard of Referees

    No because Prutton made the most stupid challenge possible in the last 10 seconds of normal time, in the most important match of the last 2 years for us. Plus he had stupid hair.


  22. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Newark
    Posts
    2,795

    Default Re: Standard of Referees

    Quote Originally Posted by Lew
    No because Prutton made the most stupid challenge possible in the last 10 seconds of normal time, in the most important match of the last 2 years for us. Plus he had stupid hair.
    I'm not saying a word ... lol


  23. #72
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    249

    Default Re: Standard of Referees

    You nasty man! My hair looks better now. Even if I do look slightly like a butch lesbian. That will only be temporary until it grows a little longer, I always will look like a lesbian when I have my hair shorter, I have a feminine face


  24. #73
    May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    37,678

    Default Re: Standard of Referees

    Quote Originally Posted by Baronvon
    At around the 10 minute mark I said to my dad "well, this ref doesn't seem as much of a prat as the one we had last week."

    I'd retracted that statement by the end.
    Make that 3 of us - I uttered almost exactly those words to Flagman's Dad...

    By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

    Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

  25. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    21,120

    Default Re: Standard of Referees

    Quote Originally Posted by jrthelord
    The first was a yellow imo and after that he should have realised the ref was an idiot and toned down his challenges
    You really are so, so wrong there. The number 4, who'd earlier jumped into Wilson and fell down holding his face only to get back straight up and also rolled around 5 times after Perch clipped him, jumped into the back of Thornhill. Thornhill just ran forward and headed the ball. Free kick should have gone the other way!


  26. #75
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,399

    Default Re: Standard of Referees

    Thornhill's 2nd booking was possibly a yellow as he was late on him, however the first was a disgraceful decision and made my blood boil.

    It's a shame nobody ran on the pitch yesterday to give the ref a bit of retribution.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •