Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 144 of 161 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154 ... LastLast
Results 3,576 to 3,600 of 4003

Thread: Standard of Referees

Default Re: Standard of Referees

Worst ref this season I reckon.

Start *slight contact* stop, Start *slight contact* stop, Start *slight contact* stop, Start *slight contact* stop, Start *slight contact* stop, Start *slight contact* stop, Start *slight contact* stop.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

It's all about mid-table...

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post

Start *slight contact* stop, Start *slight contact* stop, Start *slight contact* stop, Start *slight contact* stop, Start *slight contact* stop, Start *slight contact* stop, Start *slight contact* stop.
    Right up Bruce's street.

Standard game spoiling tactics we see every other week by certain teams and/or managers. Same old officials completely oblivious to it. Two different sets of rules for either side today.

Still trying to work out which lino was Snodgrass’ dad and which one his Uncle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post

I dont think he was that bad, should of let a few things go but was generally the same for both teams which is at least fair (weve had some right homers away Preston being the worst)

Quote Originally Posted by adam09 View Post
    Standard game spoiling tactics we see every other week by certain teams and/or managers. Same old officials completely oblivious to it. Two different sets of rules for either side today.

Still trying to work out which lino was Snodgrass’ dad and which one his Uncle.
    Judging by Snodgrass, I'd hazard that his Uncle and his Father were both the same linesman.

Honestly, a lot of our fan must have been blind, or just appeal passionately for EVERYTHING. Traore had has arms all over a player, was given the benefit of the doubt and then was penalised for a light challenge a few seconds later..people went mental!
    I sometimes feel like I'm the only one who will openly say, "we didn't deserve that free kick" or rightly point out the ref had it right giving a free kick against us, where others are screaming and going mental.

I did feel at a certain part of the game the officials must have been trying to wind our fans up who were already furious, giving VERY soft free kicks against us. Those decisions go for and against us on different days, but a lot of our fans need to either learn the rules or realise our teams do commit fouls.

oopsy daisy!

The reason we lost today was nothing to do with how bad the referee was and everything to do with how much better Villa were than us.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    Honestly, a lot of our fan must have been blind, or just appeal passionately for EVERYTHING. Traore had has arms all over a player, was given the benefit of the doubt and then was penalised for a light challenge a few seconds later..people went mental!
    I sometimes feel like I'm the only one who will openly say, "we didn't deserve that free kick" or rightly point out the ref had it right giving a free kick against us, where others are screaming and going mental.

I did feel at a certain part of the game the officials must have been trying to wind our fans up who were already furious, giving VERY soft free kicks against us. Those decisions go for and against us on different days, but a lot of our fans need to either learn the rules or realise our teams do commit fouls.
    This is very true, and i think im like you. When we booed Adomah for "feigning" injury i just laughed as Mills wiped the guy out and got away with it.

Todays ref did give too many soft fouls away though

Within the first 8 minutes Alan Hutton dived 3 times. Snodgrass even became the first player to win a free kick from fainting at the sight of an opponent running towards him.

Yeah we got away with a few but pretty much any contact with a Villa player and they were on the floor and it was a foul where as fouls like Snodgrass having his arm round Traore’s neck was not given (and then somehow was a free kick to them), Terry bear hugging Brereton then putting his leg round him wasn’t given yet Lichaj high foot was. Whelan man handling Lichaj in the box, clear penalty of they could have been bothered to look. It was more uneven then is acceptable.

No it’s not the overall reason we lost but it helped them a lot more than it helped us. Plus it’s horrible to watch.

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Default Re: Standard of Referees "Numpty-Hood-Watch"

Video assist referee would have worn out his video machine if we'd been allowed to review all the shit decisions thatwere given this evening

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

The Foam Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    The reason we lost today was nothing to do with how bad the referee was and everything to do with how much better Villa were than us.
    In a nutshell.

They played the ref a bit and its a side of the game I don't like to see and it exposed our naivety.

You can't blame today's result on anything other than our failure to turn up.

The ref wasn't great, but we didn't test their back line at any point over the 90 minutes.

Nottingham, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

Annoys the shit out of me how we see so many teams come to the WFCG and con the officials. Should we do it more? I hope we don’t stoop so low. I’d rather win clean than watch teams like that week in, week out.

One of the worst today; Grealish. (Horrible little prick). Rolling round as if he’d been shot near edge of his own box only to realise he had the ball near him to then sprint to the edge of ours. Fastest recovery from a near fatal wounding I’ve seen

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    In a nutshell.

They played the ref a bit and its a side of the game I don't like to see and it exposed our naivety.
    Yup. But it’s every other bloody game now. We pay to watch football, not that.

We were spoilt by Brian Clough’s sides and we don’t expect that sort of thing from our team so we’re often proper mugged off and when we try anything like it, it sticks out - see Newcastle last year for example.

Quote Originally Posted by stantonred View Post
    Annoys the shit out of me how we see so many teams come to the WFCG and con the officials. Should we do it more? I hope we don’t stoop so low. I’d rather win clean than watch teams like that week in, week out.

One of the worst today; Grealish. (Horrible little prick). Rolling round as if he’d been shot near edge of his own box only to realise he had the ball near him to then sprint to the edge of ours. Fastest recovery from a near fatal wounding I’ve seen
    What winds me up most is the sky co commentator saying things like 'snodgrass showed his experience there by buying a cheap free kick'. The acceptance of cheating drives me up the wall. I know we have players who do it and today's defeat was nothing to do with the referee so not saying it changed the game.

Regarding grealish. He really is a little toe rag bastard. He must be a descendent of the peaky blinders. I'm sure he is one of the young Shelby kids, even got the daft haircut.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS View Post
    What winds me up most is the sky co commentator saying things like 'snodgrass showed his experience there by buying a cheap free kick'. The acceptance of cheating drives me up the wall. I know we have players who do it and today's defeat was nothing to do with the referee so not saying it changed the game.

Regarding grealish. He really is a little toe rag bastard. He must be a descendent of the peaky blinders. I'm sure he is one of the young Shelby kids, even got the daft haircut.
    Surely refs must watch a recording of the game. Why aren’t they getting wise to all the cheating?

Did anyone else spot the ball going about a metre over the line right by the assistant ref on the BC side!! He was stood right next to it but was looking straight ahead!

Of course Villa were better and probably deserved to win, but the goal came almost immediately after that glaring miss by the assistant! Where as it should have been our throw in and a chance to clear the pressure.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

If all three officials lined up in the centre circle after the game, stripped off their shirts to unveil Villa shirts underneath, it would all have made sense.

Jonny Metgod is my hero

The officials were crap. First ten minutes set the tone for villa diving and getting free kicks. Don't see anyone moaning about brereton diving though.

Probably because he didn’t.

Zach Clough did though and it wasn’t very good or clever.

With reference to the thread title, isn't the problem that there isn't a consistent standard for referees. No two referees seem to interpret things the same way. A single referee will often be inconsistent through the game too.

We are not the only set of fans that regularly complain how poor referees are after a game. No doubt one day the technology will progress to the point that an emotionless AI programme will be able to take charge of the game, the big question would be would you want it? Isn't part of the supporter experience arguing over the decisions? Wouldn't an always right robo-ref detract from the game experience?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Red Till Dead View Post
    With reference to the thread title, isn't the problem that there isn't a consistent standard for referees. No two referees seem to interpret things the same way. A single referee will often be inconsistent through the game too.

We are not the only set of fans that regularly complain how poor referees are after a game. No doubt one day the technology will progress to the point that an emotionless AI programme will be able to take charge of the game, the big question would be would you want it? Isn't part of the supporter experience arguing over the decisions? Wouldn't an always right robo-ref detract from the game experience?
    Even with video footage and multiple angles some decisions are still contentious and may it forever remain that way.

Keeps things exciting!

At one point the linesman was letting Fat-head gob off at him, how long has that been allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    At one point the linesman was letting Fat-head gob off at him, how long has that been allowed?
    To be fair he had the best teacher in the world when it comes to intimidating the officials

Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS View Post

Just watching the game this morning (recorded it as I was there). 67th minute, snodgrass incident mentioned here. The sky commentators actually think this is a good thing and praise the cheating bastard for it. I hate it and it should be stamped out from all levels of the game. Kids watching that will think that’s acceptable and will copy it.

I can’t buy into this “game management”. It’s not in the spirit of the game and is why I have more respect for rugby currently.