Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 137 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137
Results 3,401 to 3,418 of 3418

Thread: Standard of Referees

Default Re: Standard of Referees

But thanks for the screenshot. I've been meaning to learn that sissone since I saw it on Strictly.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Red Till Dead View Post
    Definitely contact

Bruce Lee would have been proud of that leg-sweep.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Quote Originally Posted by Enzo Francescoli (on loan) View Post
    I don't think anybody ever claimed that there wasn't?
    Well above you said there was probably contact which implies there might not have been. but had Walker not metaphorically waved at the officials and shouted "cooee" at them by exagerating the path to the ground, and the referee not given it, what would your opinion been then? Looking at the highlights he was not going to be able to stay on his feet from the contact.

I am not picking on Walker. It is every single professional football match. There is one on my telly at the moment. I can't tell who is, as I don't have my glasses on, but I've just looked up and the first thing I saw was a pro athlete throwing himself to the ground. There may have or may not have been contact, it's not ineteresting, but the behaviour is a bit pathetic either way. I looked up again and one of the other team was on the ground holding his back. His back might really be in pain, but I'd bet you anything you like that it isn't. It is that at some point this became the norm that is depressing.

A player has the ball on the edge of the box with a defender in front of him, we know before he starts running he will end on the ground appealing for a penalty and the only question is whether or not he manages to draw contact before he goes down. That's his the attackers aim.

Default Re: Standard of Referees "Numpty-Hood-Watch"

It's a stonewall penalty and there's absolutely no way at that acceleration that Walker can stay on his feet when the legs get tangled.

Don't think Meyler meant to do it, but that's not Walker's fault.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Proud father of the :whoosh:

Walker didn't even make th most of it. Was a weird tangle of legs that is deffo a penno. The way he went down was due to the speed of it all. Foul. Pen. No simulation whatsoever

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by eugeneboppboppbopp View Post
    Walker didn't even make th most of it. Was a weird tangle of legs that is deffo a penno. The way he went down was due to the speed of it all. Foul. Pen. No simulation whatsoever

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    I agree. The best angle is from the other side to that shown in the above picture. The Hull player attempted to get the ball, was too late, they tangle legs and whether Meyler meant it or not, it was a foul and a pen. Very sweetly taken, too, for the hat-trick.

Do fellas even sleep in your rose-tinted spectacles? That's real commitment.

Do fellas even sleep in your rose-tinted spectacles? That's real commitment.
    ?

Case in point. That was an embarrassing dive, Walker Jnr. And it was obvious penalty was he only thing on his mind before it happened.

And no criticism whatsover. "There was probably contact" and so the lauaghable belly-flop was not even mentioned.
    The only thing laughable is you thought that was a dive. Meyler is late, catches Walker on his back leg which he isn't expecting, tangling his legs up. It was like an ankle tap in rugby. Walker can't control his fall because he doesn't see it coming. None of us like diving, and our players do it too. But at least pick an example of a real dive. Walker had done well to drive into the box, and as a player trying to make the break through he'd have much preferred banging into to the back of the net himself.

Default Standard of Referees

I know we won, and got a penalty but thought the ref for yesterday’s game was excellent. Especially by today’s standards.
    Oh and yes it was a clear penalty btw.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by puds1970; 29-10-17 at 19:45.

There were a few defo fouls he didn't give like when Benny got cleaned up on the far side in the second half and it ended up a Hull throw in. Then he gives soft free kick decisions.
    Maybe he was un-sighted but thats what the linesmen is there for. Not mentioning the foulf for their second goal.
    What made me laugh was the tangle with Lichaj in our box which was 50/50 in my opinion - the commentators said it was a clear penalty even though the Hull player had Lichaj around the neck and threw him to the ground.

And from the replays it was defo a penalty when Walker got tripped. Meylers legs went in between Walkers. No doubt about it and the momentum took him over. You try it sometime............

Yep, stand corrected. As any footballer would logically prefer to smash the ball in the net themselves than earn their team a chance of a goal from the penalty spot, no player has ever to ground a little easily in the box.

I stand corrected myself. Your eloquent use of sarcasm proves beyond a shadow of a doubt he must've dived. It must have been frustrating for him that the Hull player also tripped him at the same time, preventing all but your good self spotting said dive and so depriving him of the kudos he'd have received for deploying such footballing cunning. Good job your here to put us all right.

Here, there & anywhere that will have me..

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ray's Redlist View Post
    I stand corrected myself. Your eloquent use of sarcasm proves beyond a shadow of a doubt he must've dived. It must have been frustrating for him that the Hull player also tripped him at the same time, preventing all but your good self spotting said dive and so depriving him of the kudos he'd have received for deploying such footballing cunning. Good job your here to put us all right.
    You’re

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The beast is stirring yet again!! :devil:

it has nothing to do with football or NFFC

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

I guess today's ref will have to give Norwich their money back.

Crap bastard.

What the hell was the 95th minute yellow card for??

"This statement is false."

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

Actually thought he was good in the first half. Forest fans weren't happy but those subtle shoves and trips are plentiful and he got them right. Not sure then where the ten minute spell of getting everything wrong (for both sides) came from in the second half.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Gave us nowt first half, gave them nowt second half.

Picky as fuck throughout.

The only thing Id thank him for is not sending Bridcutt off. We got away with one there.