Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 65

Thread: McGugan Injured

      
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    361

    Default McGugan Injured


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2

    Default Re: McGugan Injured

    bollocks!


  4. #3
    May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    40,643

    Default Re: McGugan Injured

    Better safe than sorry, I guess, but still quite a blow.

    By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

    Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    356

    Default Re: McGugan Injured

    There must be something wrong with our training schedule surely
    ? This is beyond just pure bad luck now!!


  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,454

    Default Re: McGugan Injured

    For f*ck's sake, this is becoming an absolute joke.


  7. #6
    Ale ape.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Pub
    Posts
    27,352

    Default Re: McGugan Injured

    Actually it could be worse - an injury to Earnshaw, for example.

    McGugan being out gives us the chance to move Cohen into a central role, or go 4-4-2, without having to drop Perch or someone else not deserving of being dropped, both of which should give us a better balance to the team.

    What price McCleary to destroy Watford? *


  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    356

    Default Re: McGugan Injured

    i am getting seriously worried now, we could be very cut adrift in the next 2 games if we pick up only a point its 3 from 12 and we are then playing catch up big time!!


  9. #8

    Default Re: McGugan Injured

    Quote Originally Posted by RutlandRed
    There must be something wrong with our training schedule surely
    ? This is beyond just pure bad luck now!!
    yes lets all blame someone the trainers its nothing to do with mcgugan its the training shall we make kerslake the scapegoat on this one? thrashing them too much not warming up/down? or maybe his hamstrings are stronger than his thighs? maybe hes abdomen is to tight causing shortness in the hamstrings?


  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,454

    Default Re: McGugan Injured

    We're not going to get cut adrift. West Brom lost 14 games last season and went up as Champions.

    I do think any faint hopes of play-offs will be scuppered by our injury list if we keep this up, though.

    Time to sign Ben Watson....?


  11. #10

    Default Re: McGugan Injured

    I can't wait for McGugan to come back.

    It'll be like a new signing...


  12. #11
    Ale ape.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Pub
    Posts
    27,352

    Default Re: McGugan Injured

    "Lewis has got a slight tear in his rectus femoris..."
    *S*******


  13. #12

    Default Re: McGugan Injured

    Quote Originally Posted by Spring Heeled Jack
    I can't wait for McGugan to come back.

    It'll be like a new signing...
    slight optimism mixed with sarcasm.......... at least we're getting slightly postive


  14. #13

    Default Re: McGugan Injured

    Fortunately we have got plenty of cover in the midfield department but Ive just read on the official web site that Tyson might play against Watford and we can play the long ball to utilise his speed.Yippee dooo.


  15. #14
    May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    40,643

    Default Re: McGugan Injured

    Quote Originally Posted by congo_red
    *S*******
    I tore my six-pack muscle the other year - technically called the rectus abdominis. You'd be amazed (or you probably wouldn't, actually!) how many people think that makes it hard to sit down. Bloody painful was the understatement on mine - don't know what Lewis's is like..




  16. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    4,972

    Default Re: McGugan Injured

    Quote Originally Posted by Flagman
    Better safe than sorry, I guess, but still quite a blow.
    Agreed.

    It's a shame but it could have been much worse.


  17. #16

    Default Re: McGugan Injured

    Quote Originally Posted by Utrinque Paratus
    slight optimism mixed with sarcasm.......... at least we're getting slightly postive
    I'd say it was one part optimism mixed with twenty part sarcasm.

    I can just imagine all the names ready to go into the NEP's *'It's like a new signing' template.

    Is anyone due to come back over the January period?

    That should give Mark Arthur's spin machine some ammunition.


  18. #17
    Rice # 42
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    The Hucknall
    Posts
    6,371

    Default Re: McGugan Injured

    Quote Originally Posted by Flagman
    I tore my six-pack muscle the other year - technically called the rectus abdominis. You'd be amazed (or you probably wouldn't, actually!) how many people think that makes it hard to sit down. Bloody painful was the understatement on mine - don't know what Lewis's is like..

    Not sure I've got one


  19. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    4,972

    Default Re: McGugan Injured

    Quote Originally Posted by Spring Heeled Jack
    I can just imagine all the names ready to go into the NEP's 'It's like a new signing' template.
    Although having said that most of our absentees are new signings.


  20. #19
    Ale ape.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Pub
    Posts
    27,352

    Default Re: McGugan Injured

    Quote Originally Posted by Flagman
    b****y painful was the understatement on mine - don't know what Lewis's is like..
    I don;t doubt it, *it's one of those there where to avoid saying 'I tore my rectus...' and risk being mis-heard, that I'd rather just say 'I've torn a muscle' and then pointing to it.


  21. #20

    Default Re: McGugan Injured

    Quote Originally Posted by Spring Heeled Jack
    I'd say it was one part optimism mixed with twenty part sarcasm.

    I can just imagine all the names ready to go into the NEP's *'It's like a new signing' template.

    Is anyone due to come back over the January period?

    That should give Mark Arthur's spin machine some ammunition.
    lol i was waiting for that! thats the chris we all know!


  22. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    4,592

    Default Re: McGugan Injured

    Another injury..


  23. #22

    Default Re: McGugan Injured

    Quote Originally Posted by Baronvon
    Although having said that most of our absentees are new signings.
    An excellent point!

    Quote Originally Posted by Utrinque Paratus
    lol i was waiting for that! thats the chris we all know!



  24. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    11,725

    Default Re: McGugan Injured

    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick
    Not sure I've got one*
    If the size of the muscle and size of the stomach are related, mine must be close to snapping too.


  25. #24
    Rice IV
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    37,484

    Default Re: McGugan Injured

    We do have Cohen and Moussi to play in midfield, so it's not exactly a disaster. It's a blow, sure, but it's not the end of the world.

    Anderson (when fit) and Martin on the wings, Moose and Cohen in the middle, Earnie and Tyson up front. Should be enough to beat anyone.

    Alternatively, Tyson on the left, Moose and Cohen in the middle, Martin on the right. Earnshaw and one of the youth strikers up front.

    Anyone get the feeling young Agogo23 tempted fate with his preseason wind up?

    Talk to me, Goose.

  26. #25
    Ale ape.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Pub
    Posts
    27,352

    Default Re: McGugan Injured

    Quote Originally Posted by richjcrouch
    Alternatively, Tyson on the left
    Can we risk him throwing a paddy about not playing up front?


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •