Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who has the most matches on TV

Default Who has the most matches on TV

Greetings fellow tricky's,

According to my missis my Sky bill is now £53 a month just for Sky Sports, and she's moaning. For some reason this season I'm not bothered about watching the Premier games anymore. So with a chance of getting in the good books (and getting to a few more games this season) in thinking of cancelling sky sports. Now I'm sure I read somewhere that we had about 4 games on Santana, does anyone know?

cheers

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Rice IV

Default Re: Who has the most matches on TV

I don't think we have any on Setanta.

They only have the rights to the Premierleague and some Champions League games.

There was rumours that the BBC would be showing some live Championship games this season, but I've not heard anything substantiated. I'll have a gander shortly.

We're live on Sky against Derby and Norwich, that's all I know so far.

I imagine a decent cup run will yield a few more TV appearances, but they'll be on BBC or Sky I would imagine.

Talk to me, Goose.

The BBC didn't win any rights to football league games.

Rice IV

BBC is from next season

It's also only 10 games. I wonder if they will regionalise it, like ITV used to, so that you will be able to see a few Forest games in Nottingham.

Rice IV

Quote Originally Posted by Birtles & Earnie
    The BBC didn't win any rights to football league games.
    The Independent begs to differ.

The BBC will broadcast: 10 Championship matches, the first time the corporation has screened a league game from outside the top flight; the two legs of the Carling Cup semi-finals not covered by Sky; the Carling Cup final (simultaneously with Sky) and Football League and Carling Cup highlights.

In a related question, does anyone know ho much it will cost me to get the Ashes next summer? I really don't care about the boring Premiership, all I want is the cricket.

Personally, I think it's a disgrace that the Ashes aren't guaranteed for terrestrial TV but if there's a Sky Deal or some Indian TV station that I can subscribe to get the Ashes without bothering with the Premiership, Speedway and Fishing I'd be interested.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Rice IV

Firstly, I think it's probably best to come out of the closet and tell your family that you swing that way.

Secondly, ring sky and tell them that you would be interested in taking Sky Sports, but aren't sure about Summer months as you are only bothered about the football. They'll most likely give it to you for free over the summer months if you say that.

Quote Originally Posted by richjcrouch
    BBC is from next season

It's also only 10 games. I wonder if they will regionalise it, like ITV used to, so that you will be able to see a few Forest games in Nottingham.
    They wont regionalise it.

They get first pick when tey have a game, so it will just be the game of the weekend when they have a live game.

Rice IV

It might be worth writing to the Prime Minister (I know that sounds ludicrous) and asking why it isn't included in the sporting 'Crown Jewels'. These are things deemed to be of high national importance, and as such are guaranteed to be shown on terrestrial television.

They currently include:

Wimbledon
    World Cup finals
    European Championship finals
    The Olympics and a couple of other things, that I can't remember off the top of my head.

The BBC will broadcast: 10 Championship matches, the first time the corporation has screened a league game from outside the top flight; the two legs of the Carling Cup semi-finals not covered by Sky; the Carling Cup final (simultaneously with Sky) and Football League and Carling Cup highlights.
    Sorry, I should have clarified: The BBC didn't win any rights to football league games this season.

It might be worth writing to the Prime Minister (I know that sounds ludicrous) and asking why it isn't included in the sporting 'Crown Jewels'. These are things deemed to be of high national importance, and as such are guaranteed to be shown on terrestrial television.

They currently include:

Wimbledon
    World Cup finals
    European Championship finals
    The Olympics and a couple of other things, that I can't remember off the top of my head.
    The Ashes is one of the crown jewels, or at least it was.

Rice IV

From BBC:

The list of protected sporting events, maintained under the 1996 Broadcasting Act, is as follows:

Olympic Games
    Fifa World Cup Finals
    FA Cup Final
    Scottish FA Cup Final
    Grand National
    The Derby
    Wimbledon tennis finals
    European football championship finals
    Rugby League Challenge Cup Final
    Rugby World Cup Final

Ale ape.

Quote Originally Posted by hucknall reject
    According to my missis my Sky bill is now £53 a month just for Sky Sports, and she's moaning.
    First of all, put your missus in her place. It's not her job to get on your back about costs, it's her job to pay it and while you're at it, tell her to pull her knickers up and get you a cup of tea.

Then point out that, now she mentions it, she should be paying to get you a HD TV and a Sky HD subscription.

on top of the red brick building in blackwater

Apparently we are being shown 4 times on Setanta.... In Canada *:P

different coutrey different rights etc.

Rice IV

The Ashes is one of the crown jewels, or at least it was.
    I don't think it was, you know.

It was always shown by Channel 4, which is exempt from any governement backed business, owing to it's inception being as an 'antiestablishment' channel. Their directive was to puch boundaries and challenge the current laws, or some other nonsense.

Rice IV

From the same BBC site:

Among those where live coverage might still be shown exclusively, provided secondary rights are available to a generally free-to-air broadcaster, are:

Test cricket matches played in England
    Non finals play at Wimbledon
    All other matches in the Rugby World Cup finals tournament
    Six Nations rugby tournament matches involving home countries
    Commonwealth Games
    World Athletics Championships
    Cricket World Cup (final, semi-finals and matches involving home nations' teams)
    Ryder Cup
    Open Championship

Ale ape.

Doesn't ND have his finger in the Setanta pie?

Rice IV

Quote Originally Posted by luker1980
    Apparently we are being shown 4 times on Setanta.... In Canada *:P

different coutrey different rights etc.
    I wonder if any pub will have a live feed of these games?

Southbank always used to have dodgy Sat feeds of games that were being shown abroad.

I imagine they will be viewable online if not.

Do you know which games?

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red
    Doesn't ND have his finger in the Setanta pie?
    I've heard this mentioned a few times, but I've never heard anything substantiating the claim. Might be worth looking into it. I imagine it would be through Doughty Hansen, rather than his own money.

The home series are, or were, for certain. That said, one of the last things Blair did was to de-regulate some of them so they may not still be.

Also, C4 is indelibly tied to the state as a public service broadcaster that is partially funded by license fees. *

As you might be able to tell, I'm feeling pretty contrary today!

Rice # 42

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red
    First of all, put your missus in her place. It's not her job to get on your back about costs, it's her job to pay it and while you're at it, tell her to pull her knickers up and get you a cup of tea.

Then point out that, now she mentions it, she should be paying to get you a HD TV and a Sky HD subscription.
    Is that what you did? *

Rice IV

The home series are, or were, for certain. That said, one of the last things Blair did was to de-regulate some of them so they may not still be.

Also, C4 is indelibly tied to the state as a public service broadcaster that is partially funded by license fees.

As you might be able to tell, I'm feeling pretty contrary today!
    You're right, they are tied to the government, but are supposed to be a voice against the government.

I'll try and find the exact quote about them, as it is quite interesting reading.

Their remit is to display "innovation, experimentation and creativity."

They're not supposed to be a voice against government. In fact the channel was commissioned because Thatcher thought that's exactly the role the BBC was playing, and she wanted a patsy broadcaster.

This is from 2009/10 though. You can watch all televised matches on www.myp2p.eu but it's not brilliant; has improved over the last year or so though.