Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 565 of 634 FirstFirst ... 65465515555563564565566567575615 ... LastLast
Results 14,101 to 14,125 of 15829

Thread: THE RANT THREAD

  1. #14101
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    France
    Posts
    14,364

    Default Re: THE RANT THREAD

    Whilst it is wonderful to see old planes flying the consequences are a bit different to vintage cars when they breakdown.

    I would have thought there would be a decent market for making new replicas with modern engines and controls. They are always needed in the film industry and a bet a few people would pay to fly in one as crew. There are quite a few tail-gunners around after all?


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #14102
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nott'm/scanning the horizon @Brize.......
    Posts
    4,581

    Default Re: THE RANT THREAD

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbus View Post
    Fully understanding of them being very cautious with the Lancaster. She's over 70 years old and one of only two left flying in the world. The other is in Canada I think.

    There was no reason why the typhoon shouldn't fly though. Modern marvel that it is.
    But the worst thing is the communication. Or lack of it.

    Almost no updates at all, then they tell you it's not coming then 10 minutes later it did.
    It MUST have already been en route when they told everyone it wasn't coming.

    Very poor. Very poor indeed. If this is the state of our modern military no wonder Putin takes the proverbial.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Its just par for the course. Flights are regularly late/cancelled for service personnel, so no surprises about today. Bloody shambles.


  4. #14103
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The prettier side of the Erewash
    Posts
    15,032

    Default Re: THE RANT THREAD

    Quote Originally Posted by george lyall View Post
    Its just par for the course. Flights are regularly late/cancelled for service personnel, so no surprises about today. Bloody shambles.
    I'm 100% ok with them grounding the Lancaster. They have good reason.

    I'm even ok with the 40 minute delay on the typhoon. I'm sure there must be a good reason for that, too.

    I'm really not ok with them telling people to go home because it's not coming when it was literally in the sky heading towards us. 10 minutes between the sorry it's not coming tweet and the plane coming over Ladybower.

    They also earlier when they said the typhoon was replacing the lancaster that it would have to miss out Chatsworth because of low flying restrictions.

    Well it did fly over Chatsworth.
    Twice!

    Couldn't run a piss up in a brewery.

    If Russia ever wants to attack us, just do it on a moderately breezy, and cloudy day. They'll catch us with our pants down.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


  5. #14104
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The prettier side of the Erewash
    Posts
    15,032

    Default Re: THE RANT THREAD

    My initial post in here was aimed fully at the weather. Not in my wildest dreams did I think I'd have to have a moan about the RAF!

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


  6. #14105
    Bad girls do it well
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Clapham (via Radcliffe)
    Posts
    16,729

    Default Re: THE RANT THREAD

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbus View Post
    If Russia ever wants to attack us, just do it on a moderately breezy, and cloudy day. They'll catch us with our pants down.
    Good job there's hardly ever any of them in this country!


  7. #14106
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nott'm/scanning the horizon @Brize.......
    Posts
    4,581

    Default Re: THE RANT THREAD

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbus View Post
    I'm 100% ok with them grounding the Lancaster. They have good reason.

    I'm even ok with the 40 minute delay on the typhoon. I'm sure there must be a good reason for that, too.

    I'm really not ok with them telling people to go home because it's not coming when it was literally in the sky heading towards us. 10 minutes between the sorry it's not coming tweet and the plane coming over Ladybower.

    They also earlier when they said the typhoon was replacing the lancaster that it would have to miss out Chatsworth because of low flying restrictions.

    Well it did fly over Chatsworth.
    Twice!

    Couldn't run a piss up in a brewery.

    If Russia ever wants to attack us, just do it on a moderately breezy, and cloudy day. They'll catch us with our pants down.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    The RAF have both a twitter and Facebook page. Let them know how you feel. Its a disgrace to the memory of the Dam Busters would be a good first line


  8. #14107
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nott'm/scanning the horizon @Brize.......
    Posts
    4,581

    Default Re: THE RANT THREAD

    Just an aside here, the f35 lightnings that sre to replace the GR4s at Marham will form under the 617sqdn


  9. #14108
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lufthansa Executive Lounge
    Posts
    69,222

    Default Re: THE RANT THREAD

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbus View Post

    If Russia ever wants to attack us, just do it on a moderately breezy, and cloudy day. They'll catch us with our pants down.


    „The revolution will inevitably awaken in the British working class the deepest passions which have been diverted along artificial channels with the aid of football.“

  10. #14109
    Bad girls do it well
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Clapham (via Radcliffe)
    Posts
    16,729

    Default Re: THE RANT THREAD

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    I'm itching for someone to mention a certain bearded Algerian so I can post my favourite pic again


  11. #14110
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The prettier side of the Erewash
    Posts
    15,032

    Default Re: THE RANT THREAD

    Of course, it's fucking glorious again this morning!!!

    Perfect flying weather for days before, and looks like it's going to be perfect for days after. But not on the one bloody day it was needed.


  12. #14111
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nott'm/scanning the horizon @Brize.......
    Posts
    4,581

    Default Re: THE RANT THREAD

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbus View Post
    Of course, it's fucking glorious again this morning!!!

    Perfect flying weather for days before, and looks like it's going to be perfect for days after. But not on the one bloody day it was needed.
    Aye, fate dealt a bad hand


  13. #14112
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,194

    Default Re: THE RANT THREAD

    Car parks, why can’t people park in the middle of the designated lines in a parking bay, tossers park on the piss or hard up to one line making it difficult the poor fucker unfortunate enough to have to park in the adjacent bay to get out the fucking car.

    If these wankers can’t reverse park a 4x4 accurately then they should be made to drive a smart car or equivalent


  14. #14113
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    11,609

    Default Re: THE RANT THREAD

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Yates View Post
    Car parks, why can’t people park in the middle of the designated lines in a parking bay, tossers park on the piss or hard up to one line making it difficult the poor fucker unfortunate enough to have to park in the adjacent bay to get out the fucking car.

    If these wankers can’t reverse park a 4x4 accurately then they should be made to drive a smart car or equivalent
    You've just answered your own question.

    Cars are far wider than they were 20 years ago, yet parking bays have stayed the same size. They weren't marked out for loads of SUV's.

    Perhaps they should do like the Dutch.

    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...parking-spaces

    Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk


  15. #14114
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    France
    Posts
    14,364

    Default Re: THE RANT THREAD

    Bastard BMW and their so called fecking "Mini".

    Put a REAL Mini next to it and the BMW looks even more shite.


  16. #14115
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    5,386

    Default Re: THE RANT THREAD

    https://twitter.com/bbcemt/status/99...159851521?s=19

    Sent from the Tranquility Base Hotel + Casino


  17. #14116
    Sexual Tyrannosaurus
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    40,186

    Default Re: THE RANT THREAD

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Yates View Post
    Car parks, why can’t people park in the middle of the designated lines in a parking bay, tossers park on the piss or hard up to one line making it difficult the poor fucker unfortunate enough to have to park in the adjacent bay to get out the fucking car.

    If these wankers can’t reverse park a 4x4 accurately then they should be made to drive a smart car or equivalent
    Asda in Long Eaton have put double lines down so if you park up to your line there's still room. The amount of twats that just park over thier line is ridiculous. Although it is quite funny watching some people try and park in the narrower spaces.

    [QUOTE=Barry;2870882]Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes.[/QUOTE]

  18. #14117
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nott'm/scanning the horizon @Brize.......
    Posts
    4,581

    Default Re: THE RANT THREAD

    Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    You've just answered your own question.

    Cars are far wider than they were 20 years ago, yet parking bays have stayed the same size. They weren't marked out for loads of SUV's.

    Perhaps they should do like the Dutch.

    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...parking-spaces

    Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
    Funny you should say that, I was parked in the Tesco at Staines on Saturday in a works Astra est. when a 22 year old Vauxhall Omega parked next to me, bearing in mind that was a large luxury car in its day, the Astra I was in was slightly longer and wider.


  19. #14118
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    25,763

    Default Re: THE RANT THREAD

    Quote Originally Posted by george lyall View Post
    Funny you should say that, I was parked in the Tesco at Staines on Saturday in a works Astra est. when a 22 year old Vauxhall Omega parked next to me, bearing in mind that was a large luxury car in its day, the Astra I was in was slightly longer and wider.
    The latest 3 series are bigger than the original 5's.


  20. #14119
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,194

    Default Re: THE RANT THREAD

    Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    You've just answered your own question.

    Cars are far wider than they were 20 years ago, yet parking bays have stayed the same size. They weren't marked out for loads of SUV's.

    Perhaps they should do like the Dutch.

    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...parking-spaces

    Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
    Keef, I could have parked a 7 toner in these baye & still had 2ft either side

    Last edited by Eddie Yates; 17-05-18 at 20:15.

  21. #14120
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lufthansa Executive Lounge
    Posts
    69,222

    Default Re: THE RANT THREAD

    Here in Germany (unsurprisingly), parking spaces are regulated by the German traffic regulations, the Straßenverkehrsordnung.

    As there are no space sizes documented there, instead, under Baden-Württembergische state law, 10% of all spaces in private parking garages must be designated for Women.

    These spaces are typically nearer the entrance and exit (safety reasons) well illuminated, and - again, typically - these spaces are 30% wider than a “standard” space.

    The official reason is to make the ingress and egress of children, prams and pushchairs easier, but (of course) local wits say its to make it easier to park...


  22. #14121
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,194

    Default Re: THE RANT THREAD

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    Here in Germany (unsurprisingly), parking spaces are regulated by the German traffic regulations, the Straßenverkehrsordnung.

    As there are no space sizes documented there, instead, under Baden-Württembergische state law, 10% of all spaces in private parking garages must be designated for Women.

    These spaces are typically nearer the entrance and exit (safety reasons) well illuminated, and - again, typically - these spaces are 30% wider than a “standard” space.

    The official reason is to make the ingress and egress of children, prams and pushchairs easier, but (of course) local wits say its to make it easier to park...
    Is it fuck, it’s because most German birds are right fat bastards


  23. #14122
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lufthansa Executive Lounge
    Posts
    69,222

    Default Re: THE RANT THREAD

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Yates View Post
    Is it fuck, it’s because most German birds are right fat bastards
    I’d beg to differ - in my time here in Germany I’ve found the level of obesity to be significantly lower than in the U.K., despite the amount of Bier they drink (including the ladies) and Stuttgart itself is absolutely bursting with young ladies who are extremely easy on the eye.


  24. #14123

  25. #14124
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    11,609

    Default Re: THE RANT THREAD

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    I’d beg to differ - in my time here in Germany I’ve found the level of obesity to be significantly lower than in the U.K., despite the amount of Bier they drink (including the ladies) and Stuttgart itself is absolutely bursting with young ladies who are extremely easy on the eye.
    Considering the UK is the fat man of Europe, that is no surprise.

    As we continue to assimilate into the 51st state of America we seem determined to take on as many of their shitty habits as possible, whether it's driving virtually everywhere, gorging on box sets of the next useless Netflix release, or eating that massive tub of deep fried chicken.

    The German's do far better than the "Lard Arse" Brits can ever dream of.



    Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk


  26. #14125
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,194

    Default Re: THE RANT THREAD

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    I’d beg to differ - in my time here in Germany I’ve found the level of obesity to be significantly lower than in the U.K., despite the amount of Bier they drink (including the ladies) and Stuttgart itself is absolutely bursting with young ladies who are extremely easy on the eye.
    Fair comment & I can’t really disagree, although German birds do have hairy armpits


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •