Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rotherham United

Default Rotherham United

Set to start next season on minus 17 points

Its getting a tad farcical in league two now. It's got to the stage where it is hypothetically possible that a team could survive relegation and finish on minus points. I know that would never happen, but the fact it's possible is just strange

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Rotherham United

Who else is on minus points?

Luton
    Bournmouth maybe
    Rotherham maybe

Gotta love this post...

So what is it -
    1st admin -15 (Leeds)
    2nd admin -17 (Rotherham)
    3rd admin -20 (Luton)
    No hang on I've formed a logical pattern; thatll never work.
    What an absolutely cluess fucking numpty. I wish people would actually find out why points were deducted and what for first before making a dumbass comment like that.

Quote Originally Posted by gamble
    Who else is on minus points?

Luton
    Bournmouth maybe
    Rotherham maybe
    Yeah, Luton on -30, Rotherham on -17, and Bournemouth are expecting there deduction to be announced any time soon, expected to be about -20.

So the relegations are set for L2 then

Notts County's fan is breathing a sigh of relief.

So the relegations are set for L2 then
    Only 2 go down, so not yet

Luton proberbly will go, but the hope for them is if they can gain 14 points more than Bournemouth and Rotherham they will stay up. Difficult, but less daunting than having to get 30 more points than at least 2 teams.

Belle

Quote Originally Posted by Calymath
    Notts County's fan is breathing a sigh of relief.

i think it's ruined the whole league. Because think about it, the teams who know they aren't strong enough to gain promotion aren't gna buy any players and aren't gna be bothered about pushing for promotion, knowing they don't even have to win that many games to stay safe!

Quote Originally Posted by Super MJ!
    Only 2 go down, so not yet

Luton proberbly will go, but the hope for them is if they can gain 14 points more than Bournemouth and Rotherham they will stay up. Difficult, but less daunting than having to get 30 more points than at least 2 teams.
    Ah forgot that only 2 went down

Quote Originally Posted by wesizleftpeg
    Gotta love this post...

What an absolutely cluess f**king numpty.* I wish people would actually find out why points were deducted and what for first before making a dumbass comment like that.
    Contrary to popular belief, Wesizleftpeg's post was not written by me. *

i feel sorry for the fans of these smaller clubs. its getting harder and harder to keep a football club out of the red these days. do these smaller clubs get any help from the football league?, or is it a case of "your a small club so the sooner you fold completely the better really, we only care about man utd and chelsea"

if a premier league club ended up in this situation i bet they wouldn't get docked points,, no one would dare pick on the big boys

Quote Originally Posted by Belle

i think it's ruined the whole league. Because think about it, the teams who know they aren't strong enough to gain promotion aren't gna buy any players and aren't gna be bothered about pushing for promotion, knowing they don't even have to win that many games to stay safe!
    You're absolutely right. It's all the Football League's fault for not dunking Leeds into the Conference where they belonged.

Not too sure about that it may in a weird way be a good thing, it might mean that clubs don't buy beyond their own capability, and therefore lower the risk of administration for those few clubs.

If not then *it is a pointless league for the time being lol

Quote Originally Posted by Spring Heeled Jack
    Contrary to popular belief, Wesizleftpeg's post was not written by me. *

Belle

Quote Originally Posted by Calymath
    You're absolutely right. It's all the Football League's fault for not dunking Leeds into the Conference where they belonged.

At least it will shut the Leeds fans up who thought -15 were bad.

They still had the money to buy loads of players. Luton, Bournemouth and Rotherham haven't. I feel sorry for them. Reminds me of where we were 10 years ago.

Lutons fall from grace though is one of the worst ever (i think) the only worse one must be Gretna.

poor fans how horrible it would be to be them now.

Belle

Lutons fall from grace though is one of the worst ever (i think) the only worse one must be Gretna.

poor fans how horrible it would be to be them now.
    Rotherham are about the same as Luton, they were in the championship when you were! So that's what, 3 seasons?

I hate seeing teams in trouble that premier league clubs fans dont give a damn about. Rotherham are our most local rivals, and they laughed at us when we had no money and had to play in sheffield united kits in the conference. But i won't laugh at them, because it's a nasty feeling.

Dropping out of the league is the worst feeling i've had watching football, and i was only new to it then 10 years ago!

I suppose the one good thing Rotherham have to think is, it could have been a lot worse, they didnt know whether theyd be able to start the season! They train at our training facilities, so we've done our part really.

They see me trollin'

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie
    i feel sorry for the fans of these smaller clubs. its getting harder and harder to keep a football club out of the red these days. do these smaller clubs get any help from the football league?, or is it a case of "your a small club so the sooner you fold completely the better really, we only care about man utd and chelsea"

if a premier league club ended up in this situation i bet they wouldn't get docked points,, no one would dare pick on the big boys
    The football league have no jurisdiction in the Premiership.

So no, they couldn't pick on the Big boys.

Rotherham are about the same as Luton, they were in the championship when you were! So that's what, 3 seasons?

I hate seeing teams in trouble that premier league clubs fans dont give a damn about. Rotherham are our most local rivals, and they laughed at us when we had no money and had to play in sheffield united kits in the conference. But i won't laugh at them, because it's a nasty feeling.

Dropping out of the league is the worst feeling i've had watching football, and i was only new to it then 10 years ago!

I suppose the one good thing Rotherham have to think is, it could have been a lot worse, they didnt know whether theyd be able to start the season! They train at our training facilities, so we've done our part really.
    The Millers went down a season before we went down or the season before that, either way it's still quick. Luton however are 75% certain to go down after being in the championship 24 months ago.

Belle

Quote Originally Posted by Angel's Eye
    The football league have no jurisdiction in the Premiership.

So no, they couldn't pick on the Big boys.

Did you see that in the play off final, the special guest brought before all our players was none other than lord Mawhinney. Our fans thought it was hilarious, Leeds fans thought it was some kind of sick joke i think.

They see me trollin'

Did you see that in the play off final, the special guest brought before all our players was none other than lord Mawhinney. Our fans thought it was hilarious, Leeds fans thought it was some kind of sick joke i think.
    i didn't see it, but i could imagine it. He would have to be there though, its a league final as such..

That match gave me so much ammo for weeks afterwards.

Leeds fans got such a battering!

As Chairman of the FL, is was kind of his job to be at an FL final.

You seem a touch obsessed Belle, you mention Leeds almost as much as you do your beloved Doncaster.

What was hilarious was Leeds fans creating their own section in the Doncaster end.

The Millers went down a season before we went down or the season before that, either way it's still quick.
    No Rotherham went down the same season as us. We finished 23rd, they were bottom, so even quicker. Championship to Blue Square Premier in 4 years?

The Millers went down a season before we went down or the season before that, either way it's still quick.
    Rotherham went down the season we did. They finished bottom, by a long way, the only team that managed to get outplayed by us.

.k I m
    I m u mm

Quote Originally Posted by Lew
    No Rotherham went down the same season as us. We finished 23rd, they were bottom, so even quicker. Championship to Blue Square Premier in 4 years?
    Oh ok then lol my mistake, that means Millers 4 seasons, Luton 3.