Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Has anyone else noticed more and more players going back to South America?

Default Has anyone else noticed more and more players going back to South America?

just seen rather suprisingly in my eyes that Andres D'Alessandro, once of Portsmouth, has just signed for Internacional. I know veron and riquelme are back over there as well,Adriano went back on loan is South America slowly going to get stronger domestically I wonder?

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Has anyone else noticed more and more players going back to South America?

Miserable bastard

Default Re: Has anyone else noticed more and more players going back to South America?

I blame Football Mercato.

Perhaps they're just keen to play near their homes once they've secured their future.

Much like English players going to Italy in the 80's.

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.

It's true.

This guy hasn't been round for ages. Must have moved back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l7Zl6Uyuq4

Quote Originally Posted by Phooey
    Perhaps they're just keen to play near their homes once they've secured their future.

Much like English players going to Italy in the 80's.
    But with the south americans I get the feeling that they want to return to what is an easier league to play in for them.

Eg. Tevez saying he wants to "retire" from Europe and go back to Argentina.

Also they don't like our way of life..... food, culture, weather, women etc.

Quote Originally Posted by topcat
    just seen rather suprisingly in my eyes that Andres D'Alessandro, once of Portsmouth, has just signed for Internacional. I know veron and riquelme are back over there as well,Adriano went back on loan is South America slowly going to get stronger domestically I wonder?
    The three players you mentioned are exceptions, and are back home for different reasons - Riquelme homesick prima donna, Veron is now shit, and wanted to - and did - get back in the argentina side playing for his hometown side. I never managed to find out why D'Alessandro returned, but last season he was at San Lorenzo (Argentina) after joining from Zaragoza.

Quote Originally Posted by jrthelord
    Also they don't like our way of life..... food, culture, weather, women etc.
    Why did they try and steal the Falklands then?

the problem is that they always move too soon, there are countless s.americans that leave aged 17+ yet never break into 1st teams because the european game is much more competitive and physical.
    In vero and riquelmes case though it is simply that they are nearign the end of their careers and want to do finish at home