Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reading....

Default Reading....

looked decent yesterday, i watched them play Villa at the flatpack arena, and they casued villa alot of problems, They played pretty much their strongest team, the players to watch out for Lita, Kebe, Convey, (two wingers) and obv james harper looked decent.

the score was 1-1 btw

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Reading....

I was worried about the Reading game for most of the summer, but the performance against Everton especially has assured me we'll be fine. It'll be a close game though.

Reading will be one of the most difficult sides we play against this season. I'd be very disappointed if we lost but not too disheartened.

I wouldnt be too disheartened with a draw to be honest

a win would be smashing though.

Quote Originally Posted by Super MJ!
    I wouldnt be too disheartened with a draw to be honest*

a win would be smashing though.
    I'd be bloody overjoyed with a draw. If we won I think I'd probably die of shock.

They're a good team. Very tight defensively and can play a bit going forward.

The fact that they tend to play with 2 wingers concerns me given out 4-3-3 formation.

Chambers and Bennett are likely to have their work really cut. Saying that, if we stick to our game and focus on their strenghs theres no reason why we cant make all their back four work equally as hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhods
    I'd be bloody overjoyed with a draw.* If we won I think I'd probably die of shock.
    lol ye

Last one standing

Don't worry guys, you're forgetting that Earnie will score us 500 goals this year, starting with a quadruple hat-trick against Reading.

Marthur your soul is mine

we'll get hammered.

If they have two good wingers we are fooked, chambers will get tortured.

Hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn^2
    If they have two good wingers we are fooked, chambers will get tortured.

Hope not.
    well they dont have 2 good wingers....they have 3 lol

Evening, Reading fan here.

Interesting comments here about your shape, as at our best we can use the wings fairly devastatingly. Unfortunately I seriously doubt we'll see them play to their potential - Hunt has just had an absolute shocker of a season, Convey hasn't delivered since our last time in this league and Kebe is very raw. Formation-wise, though, this could be a bit of a belter.

winnits

If you play down the wings we'll struggle, unless we do something very unexpected!

You coming up for the game?

Quote Originally Posted by cenobite
    we'll get hammered.
    We're all doomed! Doomed A tell eh!

I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

Quote Originally Posted by BNWA
    Evening, Reading fan here.

Interesting comments here about your shape, as at our best we can use the wings fairly devastatingly. Unfortunately I seriously doubt we'll see them play to their potential - Hunt has just had an absolute shocker of a season, Convey hasn't delivered since our last time in this league and Kebe is very raw. Formation-wise, though, this could be a bit of a belter.
    Welcome mate, soooooo what do you expect from,
    A. This season
    B. The Forest Game
    C. Your signings
    D. Your Out going players

Quote Originally Posted by spaceman
    Hello Reading fan

The last match I saw live between Forest and Reading was a 3-3 draw at Elm Park so I fancy some of that.
    You fancy our goalkeeper being sent off for being stood on, our centre half going in goal and our best midfielder missing an open goal?

Don't remind me of that game - it gets mentioned far too much by my Reading supporting friends!

They see me trollin'

Quote Originally Posted by Winnits
    If you play down the wings we'll struggle, unless we do something very unexpected!
    Forest will win, thanks to a moussile!

Quote Originally Posted by wesizleftpeg

They're a good team. Very tight defensively and can play a bit going forward.
    I am sure they let in 6 or 7 against Fulham.

They see me trollin'

Quote Originally Posted by MightySuttonRed
    Portsmouth.

Quote Originally Posted by MightySuttonRed
    They didn't

Spurs and Pompey however

Quote Originally Posted by Tutts
    You fancy our goalkeeper being sent off for being stood on, our centre half going in goal and our best midfielder missing an open goal?

Don't remind me of that game - it gets mentioned far too much by my Reading supporting friends!
    Haha! *Remember watching that on sky in the pub. *David Beasant wasn't it that got sent off when the guy stood on his toe and beat the long jump record?

Quote Originally Posted by wesizleftpeg
    Haha! *Remember watching that on sky in the pub. *David Beasant wasn't it that got sent off when the guy stood on his toe and beat the long jump record?

i remember watching it in the pub,, i was so pissed off at the time, it took me days to calm down. it wasnt as rediculous as Wilsons red card last season though

Quote Originally Posted by gamble
    Welcome mate, soooooo what do you expect from,
    A. This season
    B. The Forest Game
    C. Your signings
    D. Your Out going players
    I'd seriously hope we'd make at least the play-offs given our squad but there appears to be a rather large grumble mounting in our support given the manner of our relegation and lack of signings so far so a bad start could be damaging to say the least.

I have no idea frankly, as I don't know half as much about you lot as I probabaly should. We definitely have the team to manage a promotion push (it's very similar to the one we had last time) but for all I know you lot will kill us. Let's say a draw!

We've signed Noel Hunt (18 goals in the SPL) but lost Kitson, Little and soon to be Shorey who were massive players. Like I said, there is discontent growing as our manager appears to be scared of the transfer market, although we have the core of a very good team in Bikey, Matejovsky, Lita and Doyle. If our squad stays as it is I wouldn't be too concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by BNWA
    I'd seriously hope we'd make at least the play-offs given our squad but there appears to be a rather large grumble mounting in our support given the manner of our relegation and lack of signings so far so a bad start could be damaging to say the least.

I have no idea frankly, as I don't know half as much about you lot as I probabaly should. We definitely have the team to manage a promotion push (it's very similar to the one we had last time) but for all I know you lot will kill us. Let's say a draw!

We've signed Noel Hunt (18 goals in the SPL) but lost Kitson, Little and soon to be Shorey who were massive players. Like I said, there is discontent growing as our manager appears to be scared of the transfer market, although we have the core of a very good team in Bikey, Matejovsky, Lita and Doyle. If our squad stays as it is I wouldn't be too concerned.
    Hmm interesting, seems like you got a decent strike force going which is my big worry.