Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MLS

Default MLS

Just wondering how many,if any,of the people on the forum follow the MLS?

Toronto just recently got a new franchise and are now in their second season and have signed some semi-decent players this season.Laurent Robert,Olivier Tebily,Carl Robinson,Rohan Ricketts just to name a few.I'm sure a lot of you remember Jim Brennan,he's playing for them and is doing quite well over here.

Basically I'm just curious to see if the MLS gets mentioned much over there? I'm not over often enough to hear people talking about it.

Although when I watch Sky Sports News over here I do see that the MLS scores are posted on the right hand side of the screen.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: MLS

Quote Originally Posted by Forest.In.Canada

Toronto just recently got a new franchise and are now in their second season and have signed some semi-decent players this season.Laurent Robert,Olivier Tebily,Carl Robinson,Rohan Ricketts just to name a few.I'm sure a lot of you remember Jim Brennan,he's playing for them and is doing quite well over here.

Basically I'm just curious to see if the MLS gets mentioned much over there? I'm not over often enough to hear people talking about it.

Although when I watch Sky Sports News over here I do see that the MLS scores are posted on the right hand side of the screen.
    i know how david beckham and la galaxy as a result do but thats about it and thats only because its on sky sports news and it doesnt really sink in, i couldnt tell you any of there scores off the top of my head for example. Noone gives a flying fuck about it to answer the question

I try to keep up with it but coverage isn't brilliant to be honest.

From what I have seen though, the standard of defending is horrific!

It was completely ignored by all but Coventry City fans when they signed Cobi Jones, then he left/dissapeared off the face of the Earth and it was ignored completely.

Years later Beckham went over there, people feigned interest in a while, then, due to the MLS's overall crapness, people lost interest again.

I personally follow it reasonably closely, but that is due to someone close to me being a major San Jose Earthquakes fan.

Doesn't get much coverage here!!!!

I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

Swedish Meatball

Channel Five, a terrestrial channel, ran an MLS magazine review show every week, called "David Beckham's Major League Soccer", but I think it has been pulled now.

Victor Meldrew

I thought this was about Multiple Sclerosis.
    That spelling cant be right.
    If it's about Yankee Soccer then Darren Huckerby is a legend or so I am told.

I belong to nobody!!!

Is anything worth watching where they refer to it as offence and deeeeefence?

Living the dream

I could have my eye opened to new experiences.

It's just the same game with different words, and a slower pace. Like watching an entire season of pre season friendlies.

I like it when they refer to a shoulder barge as "getting chicken winged."

Yanks and their food...

Rice IV

Some people like Cricket.

I don't understand these people.

Talk to me, Goose.

At least cricket is a sport.

Rice IV

Can a sport really have a tea break?

Do you like Cricket? I wasn't aware you were a homosexual.

Quote Originally Posted by richjcrouch
    Some people like Cricket.

I don't understand these people.
    I like cricket. It's a sport for people who have patience.

And anyone who calls it boring, but watches a load of cars go round a track, I don't understand these people.

Living the dream

Quote Originally Posted by DanR

And anyone who calls it boring, but watches a load of cars go round a track, I don't understand these people.
    Americans like to watch cars go around tracks and whoop.

Rice IV

Motorsport is much better than cricket.

Something I don't understand is when someone bowls a good ball, the people around him tend to slightly mumble 'bowling'.

Now, why don't they just high five him or something. OIr at least say 'good bowling'?

Also, how is it good bowling if they didn't hit the wickets?

Is it time for tea yet?

Living the dream

Car racing and American Football go hand in hand. Heres a word from our sponsors.

I wasn't aware you were a homosexual.
    Bare faced lie.

Quote Originally Posted by DanR

It's hard to think of a better way to spend one's day than a sunny afternoon at the Test match.

Motorsport is much better than cricket.

Something I don't understand is when someone bowls a good ball, the people around him tend to slightly mumble 'bowling'.

Now, why don't they just high five him or something. OIr at least say 'good bowling'?

Also, how is it good bowling if they didn't hit the wickets?

Is it time for tea yet?
    its good bowling when the bowler hits a perfect line or length and/or is unlucky not to take a wicket and makes the batsman nervous or when the bowler makes a batsman play a shot but the deliverys so good the batsman totally misses it

don't watch it or care about it, occasionally they show Beckham putting the ball 'in the mixer' but it's generally reported in a patronising way.

Living the dream

Quote Originally Posted by topcat
    its good bowling when the bowler hits a perfect line or length and/or is unlucky not to take a wicket and makes the batsman nervous or when the bowler makes a batsman play a shot but the deliverys so good the batsman totally misses it
    Isn't all about the engineers stealing plans from another team and making the bat go faster?

Rice IV

Only about 4 countries in the world care about Cricket.

Most of them can really be put together into one country, really.

Pretty much leaving England, Australia and others.

Rice IV

Quote Originally Posted by Only The Woan-ly
    Bare faced lie.

It's hard to think of a better way to spend one's day than a sunny afternoon at the Test match.
    Ok, I did know you were homosexual. I didn't know you like cricket though, that makes you weirdly gay.

I can think of a veritable plethora of better ways to spend a sunny afternoon than watching cricket.

Living the dream

More people care about Cricket in India, than care about motorcar racing in the UK.