Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flags at The City Ground

Default Flags at The City Ground

Me and my mate are waiting to receive a Polish flag off the internet which i will put Raddy name on ( we haven't finalised the exact words yet). But we were thing of hanging it over the front of the Upper Tier at the Bridgford end where i sit.But will a steward stop me for hanging over the front? It away from the score board so we are alright there just think they may say something in case it goes over an advertsing board.

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Flags at The City Ground

There's only one person to ask.....................'Sir' Flagman.

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.

Visit my Facebook page 'DBW Creative'

Quote Originally Posted by Tnewton_1988
    Me and my mate are waiting to receive a Polish flag off the internet which i will put Raddy name on ( we haven't finalised the exact words yet). But we were thing of hanging it over the front of the Upper Tier at the Bridgford end where i sit.But will a steward stop me for hanging over the front? It away from the score board so we are alright there just think they may say something in case it goes over an advertsing board.
    Make sure you have something to secure it with effectively. Ask a Supervisor (with a radio) in a friendly manner and assure them it will be fixed well. I don't think they'll object.

If your not sure on the policy maybe you could give Forest a ring or send them an email?

winnits

Flagman's the man - he has to locate his flag to avoid the text or logos around the advertising boards, but aside from that I understand the club aren't too difficult about it.

Securing the flag safely will be a factor too - and you might need to weight the bottom of it, and ensure it doesn't dangle too low beyond the advertising hoardings as the disabled section is located between the tiers in the Bridgford End.

Worth having a chat with a senior steward tomorrow if you're at the game...

Well all my flag will do is dangle onto the red netting.

Good idea mate. The Polish flag looks really good and may spur Raddy on fingers crossed.

Go stick it next to Ebby's over in the lower BC stand.

We are just putting our own writing on it 1st then hopefully if he stays permanent we will get aother flag that is done professionally.

On the flag our choices are:

Super Raddy
    Magic Majewski

kwadratowy Raddy (Super Raddy) in Polish

Hope the above is correct

winnits

This looks like the only really likely spot, as there isn't much space at all 'twixt the Victor Chandler writing.

We are just putting our own writing on it 1st then hopefully if he stays permanent we will get aother flag that is done professionally.

Super Raddy
    Magic Majewski

Good idea.

Are you 100% sure it says ' super ' ? Just looked at a online translator and that word means 'square, squareness, quadratic, quadrate, foursquare' and it says that the translation for super is actually wspaniały, pierwszorzędny, wyborny.

Maybe its worth asking some Polish people for the correct spelling or translation. Would hate for you to stick a flag up that doesn't make sense.

''Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them. A desire, a dream, a vision.'' Muhammad Ali

winnits

Yeah, check with Klinsi.

Wouldn't want to stick a flag up that says "Raddy you twat!" by accident

Quote Originally Posted by RedMark
    Good idea.

Are you 100% sure it says ' super ' ? Just looked at a online translator and that word means 'square, squareness, quadratic, quadrate, foursquare' and it says that the translation for super is actually wspaniały, pierwszorzędny, wyborny.

Maybe its worth asking some Polish people for the correct spelling or translation. Would hate for you to stick a flag up that doesn't make sense.
    I put Super in a Polish translation page and thats the word i got I will double check before hand though.

Definitely get a native speaker to check it, sounds wrong to me. The Zawisza Bydgoszcz fan who usually has the seat next to me in the Trent End would probably be a good bet...

Machine translation is 100% unreliable, and it ain't just a matter of looking a word up in a dictionary either.

Try emailing or phoning the Polish Asssociation?

http://polonianottingham.com/

edit: I noticed on that site they even have a forum so it should be easy enough to get a valid traslnation with correct accents etc

Super Raddy
    Magic Majewski

I think it would be a good idea to put it in Polish.

Just an after thought, if we sign Raddy permanently we could attract a few fans from the Polish community in Nottingham

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster

Just an after thought, if we sign Raddy permanently we could attract a few fans from the Polish community in Nottingham
    Exactly and most the builders and plumbers in Nottingham :P

TheDude

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster

Just an after thought, if we sign Raddy permanently we could attract a few fans from the CAR WASHING community in Nottingham

aka Famous

Quote Originally Posted by RedMark
    Good idea.

Quadratic Raddy! Now that would confuse the shit out of him!

I only know one word in Polish from when i went there and that is 'Pienkna" (spelling) which means Gorgeous... not sure that will be very useful for this particular project.

Footy Manager Researcher

Quote Originally Posted by GDLP
    I only know one word in Polish from when i went there and that is 'Pienkna" (spelling) which means Gorgeous... not sure that will be very useful for this particular project.
    Does 'jiffke' (sp) mean what I was told it does?

winnits

Quote Originally Posted by This Is Donny. Change here for the North.
    Does 'jiffke' (sp) mean what I was told it does?
    I'm not sure asking the person who knows only one Polish word, confirmed to be something else, will answer that for you

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Evening all!

The unwritten rule of City Ground flags is:

You cannot obscure any part of any lettering or logo that's part of an advertiser's hoarding.

The downside is, as Winnits points out, the absolute lack of places to put them at the moment, with the proliferation of ads in the ground.

You can, however, easily straddle the end of one and the start of another - all depends on the size of your flag.

As for wording: As long as the stewards are OK that there's nothing offensive or likely to incite violence then there's no problem. It might be worth having "proof of translation" on you for the first few times just to be safe...

Height is the other problem - my large flag would obstruct the view of the back 5 rows of downstairs if I hung it normally (so I don't if I use it!), but if yours is sitting on the new netting, that's not a problem (just check that it doesn't slip down between netting and parapet and obscure the view...)

Fixing?

Gaffer tape. Plenty of it. Not sure exactly what the breeze is like at that end but remember you've a large sail area and it tends to flap upwards, which will royally piss off the people in the front row, so remember to put some tape down the sides, and also roll a length of tape round your hand to make double-sided gaffer tape & stick the lower end (as far down as you can reach without falling off!).

Happy day - I'll take some photos of it when you get it displayed.

"This statement is false."

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

Quote Originally Posted by 'Sir' Flagman.
    Evening all!

You cannot obscure any part of any lettering or logo that's part of an advertiser's hoarding.

The downside is, as Winnits points out, the absolute lack of places to put them at the moment, with the proliferation of ads in the ground.

You can, however, easily straddle the end of one and the start of another - all depends on the size of your flag.

As for wording: As long as the stewards are OK that there's nothing offensive or likely to incite violence then there's no problem. It might be worth having "proof of translation" on you for the first few times just to be safe...

Height is the other problem - my large flag would obstruct the view of the back 5 rows of downstairs if I hung it normally (so I don't if I use it!), but if yours is sitting on the new netting, that's not a problem (just check that it doesn't slip down between netting and parapet and obscure the view...)

Fixing?

Gaffer tape. Plenty of it. Not sure exactly what the breeze is like at that end but remember you've a large sail area and it tends to flap upwards, which will royally piss off the people in the front row, so remember to put some tape down the sides, and also roll a length of tape round your hand to make double-sided gaffer tape & stick the lower end (as far down as you can reach without falling off!).

Thanks Flagman,If will hang it from the railings but it only goes down 3ft so touch wood it shouldn't get in the away of an adverising hoarding.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Sir' Flagman.
    Evening all!

Fixing?

Gaffer tape. Plenty of it. Not sure exactly what the breeze is like at that end but remember you've a large sail area and it tends to flap upwards, which will royally p**s off the people in the front row, so remember to put some tape down the sides, and also roll a length of tape round your hand to make double-sided gaffer tape & stick the lower end (as far down as you can reach without falling off!).

Would be easier then to make it into a flag and ask Forest to stick it on one of the flag poles above the BC stand!!!!