Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Just a quicky

Hybrid View

Default Just a quicky

We have just formed a team on our messageboard (addickted.net) and are trying to play Charlton's championship opponents over the course of the season (Saturday matches), both home and away fixtures and plan on taking in the first team game on the same day. So what I'm proposing is would there be a team here representing Forest fans, willing to take us on in an eleven vs. eleven game in a venue near to the City Ground on the 20th September?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Just a quicky

Hi Jamie.* We did get a team for a game against FC United supporters (played in Nottm) recently, but our second attempt for a game against Leicester fans failed due to wanting a neutral venue and nobody booking one!

I'm sure we could easily sort out a game between you and us for before the Forest v Charlton match, providing people here are up for it

Rice IV

I would say we can certainly get a team for the match at the City Ground. Getting one for the match at Charlton would be more difficult, owing to some people not being able to get tickets and such like.

What sort of time on that day were you thinking? Obviously you would want to be able to shower and get changed and to the ground in plenty of time?

I can probably book a grass pitch at the university again, so we would all have use of the showers/changing facilities if needs be.

Cost would probably be £60 again.

I imagine something like an 11am kick off time would be best? That would mean finishing the match around 1pm, shower and stuff and down to the City Ground for about 2.

Talk to me, Goose.

Hope they like getting up early then!

The Uni would be easiest, simple to get to from the M1. They would have the goals up by then too? Might be able to use the grass.

Quote Originally Posted by JamieCAFC
    We have just formed a team on our messageboard (addickted.net) and are trying to play Charlton's championship opponents over the course of the season (Saturday matches), both home and away fixtures and plan on taking in the first team game on the same day. So what I'm proposing is would there be a team here representing Forest fans, willing to take us on in an eleven vs. eleven game in a venue near to the City Ground on the 20th September?
    Just so it's easier for you when you're arranging playing the Blades...we have a team called the Inter Blades who arrange games against other fans (they've had one recently for charity I think). Website... http://www.digitalfc.com/interblades

I'm hopefully going to both Charlton games so would like to declare my potential availability for both legs.

Hey,

Thanks for the interest so far. As for the kick-off time was roughly aiming for it to be started at around 11am- 12pm depending on the venue where the game was to be played with the distance from there to the City ground. Playing at the university sounds good, if you could get that venue sorted and all and that goals will be up, etc. Could you also please give some details on how to get from Nottingham station to the University? £60 for a whole team or both teams? Either way seems a lot but broken down is just a small cost for shower facilities and a reasonable venue to play.

Rice IV

The pitch we booked before was astroturf, and cost £30 an hour. It's possible that the grass pitch would be cheaper.

It only worked out at £2 each.

I'll book the pitch nearer the time.

It's an ideal place, as it would be on your way into Nottingham if you get off the M1 at J24.

If you're getting the train up I'll meet you at the station or something and get the bus to Clifton with you, so you don't get lost.

I would be up for this seen as I've never been able to turn out for the Powerleague side

Woo, 3 players! This thread needs to be moved/stickied in the Forest forum?

me as well

Rice 13

Well if they are getting the train up wouldn't somewhere like Colwick park be easier to play at?

Then its only a short walk to Amicis after the game has finished.

Rice IV

Are there changing facilities?

Rice 13

There definately changing facilities at the race course pitches, and I'm sure there are some at Colwick park as they are both owned by he council.

lol i hate those colwick race course pitches theres like a micro climate there, it doesnt matter what the weathers anywhere else it is always windy and usually gailing at colwick race course pitches

I don't know if it would be easy for me to make it but apparently I am a slightly competant defender and would be provisionally interested in taking part