Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Earnshaw

AKA Randy Bumgardener

Default Earnshaw

Just watched the Everton highlights and I noticed how clever a player he is. He doesn't give up on lost causes, he's not afraid to take on defenders (at times he made the Everton defence look like amateurs) He shot from anywhere and seemed to cause so many problems it's unreal. It seemed to get to the stage where they were crowding him out with a number of bodies because they just couldn't mark him, then with a clever pass he would exploit the open space to let on another player (like Lewis) who he seems to have an almost instant undertstanding with !

I never really knew what kind of player he was until then but bloody hell he could be a bargain, even at his price ! Ok the finished article wasn't there but sharpness will come with match practise (derbynil froze him out don't forget). He has allready improved from the previous friendlies, and confidence doesn't seem to be a problem at all, especially judging by the overhead kick attempt.

I genuinely think they may come to rue the decision to sell (as I know many are. I still speak to my ex's dad, he is a staunch derby fan, and the man is so pissed at the board for selling him.

The future's bright, the gaffer's orange (sorry for nicking that quote but I love it )

For those who have seen him in action, am I right in my assesment, or am I misguided through only seeing edited highlights

Similar Threads:
    'The cross came in from Majewski, and Blackstock slid in, Gabriel Tamas attached to him in the manner in which a baby chimpanzee clings to its mother' Dexter Blackstock vs West Brom

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Earnshaw

Quote Originally Posted by Freiro Cornholio
    Just watched the Everton highlights and I noticed how clever a player he is. He doesn't give up on lost causes, he's not afraid to take on defenders (at times he made the Everton defence look like amateurs) He shot from anywhere and seemed to cause so many problems it's unreal. It seemed to get to the stage where they were crowding him out with a number of bodies because they just couldn't mark him, then with a clever pass he would exploit the open space to let on another player (like Lewis) who he seems to have an almost instant undertstanding with !

I never really knew what kind of player he was until then but bloody hell he could be a bargain, even at his price ! Ok the finished article wasn't there but sharpness will come with match practise (derbynil froze him out don't forget). He has allready improved from the previous friendlies, and confidence doesn't seem to be a problem at all, especially judging by the overhead kick attempt.

I genuinely think they may come to rue the decision to sell (as I know many are. I still speak to my ex's dad, he is a staunch derby fan, and the man is so pissed at the board for selling him.

The future's bright, the gaffer's orange (sorry for nicking that quote but I love it )

For those who have seen him in action, am I right in my assesment, or am I misguided through only seeing edited highlights*

Bit of both from what I remember seeing of him.

He doesn't give up, he does take on defenders, and he does shoot from everywhere.

He's very selfish though, and often gets crowded out because he doesn't look up often enough...s'why he's not yet made it in the 1st division.

Never mind could be a bargain mate...he's the steal of the century for me.

AKA Randy Bumgardener

Quote Originally Posted by northernmonkey MBE

Bit of both from what I remember seeing of him.

He doesn't give up, he does take on defenders, and he does shoot from everywhere.

He's very selfish though, and often gets crowded out because he doesn't look up often enough...s'why he's not yet made it in the 1st division.

Never mind could be a bargain mate...he's the steal of the century for me.
    Cheers chap ! He did strike me as a tad gung-ho, but one of our recent critisisms is that our strikers haven't tried to shoot from anywhere. The team used to try and build up the play into the box, the ball usually got intercepted and we started from square 1. Commons was the only real player who dared have a crack from distance ! So this could be just what we need !

Swedish Meatball

You can afford to have one player that is selfish on the team. Most strikers who score lots of goals are.

I've always said if all Robert Earnshaw does in a game is score a couple of goals then that'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Brolin
    You can afford to have one player that is selfish on the team. Most strikers who score lots of goals are.

I've always said if all Robert Earnshaw does in a game is score a couple of goals then that'll be fine.
    totally agree
    but one thing i did notice on the match was that McGugan and Earnshaw seemed to make a good connection within the game and their connection lead to the goal being scored.
    that connection dose seem mouth watering tbh

the season looks promising

AKA Randy Bumgardener

Quote Originally Posted by Sheseltine
    totally agree
    but one thing i did notice on the match was that McGugan and Earnshaw seemed to make a good connection within the* game and their connection lead to the goal being scored.
    that connection dose seem mouth watering tbh

the season looks promising
    I picked up on the McGugan Earnshaw link. Lewis allways seemed to find space, and Earnie allways seemed to find him. I felt Lewis was actually brought into the game more by him, and vice versa.

Basically my thoughts exactly, i was slightely concerning that his finishing was well off but hopefully he will get that sorted by reading and be banging them in for us

How on earth did you get all that from a 2 minute highlights package?

It would normally take a scout a few games to attain such knowledge of an individual player, but you've done it from four 20 second clips. Take a bow.

AKA Randy Bumgardener

Quote Originally Posted by It's Baggio
    How on earth did you get all that from a 2 minute highlights package?

It would normally take a scout a few games to attain such knowledge of an individual player, but you've done it from four 20 second clips. Take a bow.*

Too much TV footy. From an actual match I'm useless !

Earnie is a striker that knows how to make runs off the last defender.

AKA Randy Bumgardener

Quote Originally Posted by wesizleftpeg
    Earnie is a striker that knows how to make runs off the last defender.
    Something we haven't had for a very very long time !!

Long Serving Member

His movement was top drawer, always looking to receive the ball and pointing where he wanted it, you're right though, on occasions he just got crowded out.

His overhead and little attempt at a lob shows that he's not afraid to have a go. Put him one on one with a keeper, he'll score 9 times out of 10 IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Freiro Cornholio

Don't apologise, I nicked it myself - it's the name of a Crystal Palace fanzine, although it's their chairman that's been tango'd!