Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Messi vs Barca

AKA Randy Bumgardener

Default Messi vs Barca

'The cross came in from Majewski, and Blackstock slid in, Gabriel Tamas attached to him in the manner in which a baby chimpanzee clings to its mother' Dexter Blackstock vs West Brom

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Miserable bastard

Default Re: Messi vs Barca

Does anyone take football at the Olympics that seriously? It never seems to get much publicity.

winnits

David Tarka did!

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Winnits
    David Tarka did!
    Fair point. But I'm dubious about any tournament where Paraguay can reach the final...

I belong to nobody!!!

"FIFA president Sepp Blatter said Wednesday that clubs must release their eligible Under-23 players for the Olympic football tournament"

Here he is again throwing his weight around. This guy is a cancer to football!

if they don't have to release him then they shouldn't

clubs should use every ounce of power they have over players.

Quote Originally Posted by we_are_forest
    "FIFA president Sepp Blatter said Wednesday that clubs must release their eligible Under-23 players for the Olympic football tournament"

Here he is again throwing his weight around. This guy is a cancer to football!
    seriously I would be less biased

and that takes some doing.

Dinosaur Prick

Blatter doesn't even know his own rules. Tosser!

I thought Messi had his heart set on playing in the Olympics though? For the purpose of employee satisfaction, you'd think Barca would let him compete. He'd be a lot happier, and thus would perform better for them afterwards.

Obviously there's a risk he'll get injured but if they don't let him go, he'll probably throw a sulk and play shit anyway.

AKA Randy Bumgardener

The only reason we don't take an interest in the Olympics is because our FA won't take part !

Blatter needs to be kicked out ! He is president, no place to come out with personal opinions and comments !!

They see me trollin'

Quote Originally Posted by Freiro Cornholio
    The only reason we don't take an interest in the Olympics is because our FA won't take part !

Blatter needs to be kicked out ! He is president, no place to come out with personal opinions and comments !!
    We can't.

In Football we play as separate countries, in the Olympics we are Great Britain.

Besides, Wales and Scotland haven't even got any players what match up to our piss poor ones.

AKA Randy Bumgardener

Quote Originally Posted by Angel's Eye
    We can't.

In Football we play as separate countries, in the Olympics we are Great Britain.

Besides, Wales and Scotland haven't even got any players what match up to our piss poor ones.
    Ah I remember now. Wasn't the reason because Scotland et al worried they wouldn't actually have any scottish players in the starting 11 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Freiro Cornholio
    Ah I remember now. Wasn't the reason because Scotland et al worried they wouldn't actually have any scottish players in the starting 11 ?
    No the worry is it would threaten the national teams and that Fifa would force us to play permanently as a united Great Britain side.

People are interested in the Olympics... its just we dont take much notice as we never enter. I guarentee the nation would be going "football crazy" if we were in it.

I hope we do enter a team at 2010 though. Rumours are Ferguson would be picking the team... be nice to actually stand a chance of winning something

Quote Originally Posted by Super MJ!
    No the worry is it would threaten the national teams and that Fifa would force us to play permanently as a united Great Britain side.

People are interested in the Olympics... its just we dont take much notice as we never enter. I guarentee the nation would be going "football crazy" if we were in it.

I hope we do enter a team at 2010 though. Rumours are Ferguson would be picking the team... be nice to actually stand a chance of winning something*
    What would we be entering in 2010

i think its tim vickery? the guy who writes on bbc the south american correspondent he wrote an interesting piece on the bbc football site about how important it is for south americans to play in the olympics cant remember why now lol thats why mascheranos playing as well

Quote Originally Posted by Angel's Eye
    We can't.

I notice that you neglected to mention Northern Ireland.