Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 251

Thread: McParland Sacked

      
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Caythorpe, Nottingham
    Posts
    1,354

    Default McParland Sacked


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Rice IV
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    38,040

    Default Re: McParland Sacked

    The only shocker here is that it's not yet Christmas.

    Talk to me, Goose.

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,289

    Default Re: McParland Sacked

    Where's this news come from? I want a sauce.


  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Caythorpe, Nottingham
    Posts
    1,354

    Default Re: McParland Sacked

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Scab
    Where's this news come from? I want a sauce.
    Sorry I can't say but it will be announced this afternoon


  6. #5

    Default Re: McParland Sacked

    bono1975 is absolutely spot on! He's gone!


  7. #6
    stuc
    Guest

    Default Re: McParland Sacked

    Skysports just said some big news from Notts County after the break


  8. #7

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Across the road
    Posts
    4,386

    Default Re: McParland Sacked

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Scab
    Where's this news come from? I want a sauce.
    Sky Sports have just said big news from Notts County....AFTER THE BREAK

    The suspense is killing me

    EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by stuc
    Skysports just said some big news from Notts County after the break
    Beat me to it


  10. #9
    stuc
    Guest

    Default Re: McParland Sacked

    Sky breaking news he is sacked


  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Across the road
    Posts
    4,386

    Default Re: McParland Sacked

    yep sky just said hes been sacked after a 2-2 draw against Notts County


  12. #11
    stuc
    Guest

    Default Re: McParland Sacked

    Lets hope it's Platt!


  13. #12

    Default Re: McParland Sacked

    I hope they get John Barnes!


  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    9,942

    Default Re: McParland Sacked

    Got to be Platt.

    A pox on Munto Finance and their club.


  15. #14
    Miserable bastard
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    , Location, Location.
    Posts
    17,614

    Default Re: McParland Sacked

    Maybe he could be our new assistant when Ned goes to Tranmere...


  16. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,501

    Default Re: McParland Sacked

    It might be worth having a bet on the number of managers they will have this season.


  17. #16
    Rice 34
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Woodthorpe
    Posts
    8,296

    Default Re: McParland Sacked

    Thought that draw might be the end of him, quite obvious they couldn't wait to get rid of him then so they can get one of Sven's big swinging dicks in.

    Zycomm Two Way Radio

  18. #17
    I belong to nobody!!!
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cybertron
    Posts
    3,932

    Default Re: McParland Sacked

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich.
    The only shocker here is that it's not yet Christmas.
    Agreed. The treatment he's suffered is bang out of order.

    Also, the shit he's put up with these past months has been nothing short of a joke.

    Well done to him for hanging in there this long until they finally pushed him. I feel any other man would of walked a long time ago!



  19. #18

  20. #19
    Rice IV
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    38,040

    Default Re: McParland Sacked

    I hope he took a massive pay off.


  21. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,402

    Default Re: McParland Sacked

    4 points off the top? a goal difference of +17?

    They could hardly be better poised to go up. The 2-2 was a dissapointment, undoubtedly, but I really thought he had at least one more game.

    Having a County man in charge at least made the whole debacle a bit more real and a bit more appealing. They really are just a franchise now though.


  22. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    110

    Default Re: McParland Sacked

    Quote Originally Posted by The Maniacal Megatron
    Agreed. The treatment he's suffered is bang out of order.

    Also, the s**t he's put up with these past months has been nothing short of a joke.

    Well done to him for hanging in there this long until they finally had to push him. I feel any other man would of walked a long time ago!
    What would you know? If you'd watched 100 games with Charlie as your manager you would know he isn't good enough, with or without money. One dimensional football, pretty at times but no fight, no bottle and going nowhere. If he is that good a manager I'm sure he will get another management job elsewhere. The fact is if you ask amongst other league 2 supporters they all say it doesn't matter how much money Notts have, we will never progress while Charlie is in charge.


  23. #22

    Default Re: McParland Sacked

    Think in the long term he will may back at this as a good thing as things are still looking very dodgy there.




  24. #23
    I belong to nobody!!!
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cybertron
    Posts
    3,932

    Default Re: McParland Sacked

    Quote Originally Posted by Swifty1981
    What would you know? If you'd watched 100 games with Charlie as your manager you would know he isn't good enough, with or without money. One dimensional football, pretty at times but no fight, no bottle and going nowhere. If he is that good a manager I'm sure he will get another management job elsewhere. The fact is if you ask amongst other league 2 supporters they all say it doesn't matter how much money Notts have, we will never progress while Charlie is in charge.
    I couldn't agree more with that bit and I have said that in the past.

    As you will understand more than most, he's had his hands tied in regards to budgets etc in the couple of season he's been in charge. In my opinion he over achieved.

    But with all the focus being on Sven it just makes it look as though they have undermined Charlie.


  25. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,027

    Default Re: McParland Sacked

    Quote Originally Posted by weasel
    4 points off the top? a goal difference of +17?
    They could hardly be better poised to go up. The 2-2 was a dissapointment, undoubtedly, but I really thought he had at least one more game.

    Having a County man in charge at least made the whole debacle a bit more real and a bit more appealing. They really are just a franchise now though.
    Any other industry they would be took for unfair dismissal !


  26. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,501

    Default Re: McParland Sacked

    Quote Originally Posted by Swifty1981
    What would you know? If you'd watched 100 games with Charlie as your manager you would know he isn't good enough, with or without money. One dimensional football, pretty at times but no fight, no bottle and going nowhere. If he is that good a manager I'm sure he will get another management job elsewhere. The fact is if you ask amongst other league 2 supporters they all say it doesn't matter how much money Notts have, we will never progress while Charlie is in charge.
    Apparently there was plenty of fight yesterday.....

    with one of the players and a spectator anyway.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •