Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dissertation Research Football Hooliganism.

Default Dissertation Research Football Hooliganism.

I am currently an undergraduate at the University of Exeter. As part of my dissertation i am looking to gain an insight into my chosen topic of football hooliganism. As an avid forest fan myself i wondered if any of you LTLF'ers may willing to give up an hour of your time to in order to help me gain an insight into your experiences/ knowledge of the topic etc. I am keen to make this an informal affair perhaps we could convene in a pub and i'll of course buy the drinks. If you are willing to help me i am looking for 4-5 people to come along and help me. Of course strict anonymity will be offered. If you are willing to help could you contact me on either/or:

ted202@exeter.ac.uk

Kind Regards, Tommy Durham.

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

AKA Randy Bumgardener

Default Re: Dissertation Research Football Hooliganism.

Look for 'Boatsy's' book. Whilst not the most intelligent read, it is very vivid !

'The cross came in from Majewski, and Blackstock slid in, Gabriel Tamas attached to him in the manner in which a baby chimpanzee clings to its mother' Dexter Blackstock vs West Brom

My research requires me to conduct a focus group/ informal interview.

Cheers anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Durham
    I am currently an undergraduate at the University of Exeter. As part of my dissertation i am looking to gain an insight into my chosen topic of football hooliganism. As an avid forest fan myself i wondered if any of you LTLF'ers may willing to give up an hour of your time to in order to help me gain an insight into your experiences/ knowledge of the topic etc. I am keen to make this an informal affair perhaps we could convene in a pub and i'll of course buy the drinks. If you are willing to help me i am looking for 4-5 people to come along and help me. Of course strict anonymity will be offered. If you are willing to help could you contact me on either/or:

ted202@exeter.ac.uk

Kind Regards, Tommy Durham.
    Needless to say Tommy, I would be happy to help although seeing as we know one another already I appreciate you may wish to avoid bias and speak to someone with whom you can talk to more objectively.

I will however, take you up on the offer of a beer.

Rice IV

Happy to help, assuming it's not in Exeter!

Never really been much of a hooligan, though. Perhaps some of the older posters who were adultsa during the 70s and 80s may be a good shout.

If you basically want to talk to a group of the people on here about football violence, I doubt you'd need to buy the drinks. We all like to drink anyway.

Talk to me, Goose.

winnits

I too would be happy to help with similar caveats to Rich - I have very limited exposure to hooliganism or hooligans.

I don't know why, since I'm not the type at all, but on my latest travels, I've had conversations with several hooligans (some former hooligans). They were all nice blokes, but was pretty nervous about saying the wrong thing, or to give the "impression" that I wanted to get involved...
    Don't know how "into the scene" they were, but they had some stories to tell, that's for sure...

Rice IV

A fair few of my school friends have gone down the hooligan path.

Banned

Check your pm.

wouldn't ever call myself a hooligan but had some experiences in the 70's to recall if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by sedgred
    Check your pm.
    If your in, so am I!

I reckon we could write a book between us. lol

The Newcastle game has a potential 7 hour drinking slot pre match if you would like some factual material.

Two pints of Hoegarden should oil the brain cells!

As we are all well aware , generally unless you go looking for it not too much action going on these days.

I have mates who are season ticket holders at everton , and have been with them into eurpoe twice last year , these still have very active firms from youth to senior , and liverpool is pretty much where casual/hooligan culture was born back in the day.

if you go to goodison on home match day , dont go to the game , go to the brick pub (think its that one) , they show every everton game on dodgy satelite tv , and this is where you will find some well known names from back in th 80's (basicly everyone who has banning orders from goodison watch the game in here including guys like andy nichols , might wanna find out if they are willing to talk to ya first , but sure they will if ya buy em a few brews)

Quote Originally Posted by ForestDavey

I have mates who are season ticket holders at everton , and have been with them into eurpoe twice last year , these still have very active firms from youth to senior , and liverpool is pretty much where casual/hooligan culture was born back in the day.
    I will give you the clothes bit but i think its a bit of stretch to say casual/hooligan culture came from the scousers I would have said that goes to the cockneys who were the first to sort themselves into organised gangs eg West Hams ICF etc. The scousers for me were just a rabble albeit a very dangerous one at home

I ran with the FEC until the mid 90s until one arrest with a definite Jail term in the offing finally snapped me out of it. Must be mad to do it nowadays as even a good 10 years later I still occassionally get hassle off the Police for my past

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBaker
    I will give you the clothes bit but i think its a bit of stretch to say hooligan culture came from the scousers I would have said that goes to the cockney who were the first to sort themselves into organised gangs eg West Hams ICF etc. The scousers for me were just a rabble albeit a very dangerous one at home

I ran with the FEC until the mid 90s until one arrest with a definite Jail term in the offing snapped me out of it. Must be mad to do it today as even a good 10 years later I still occassionally get hassle off the Police for my past
    yeah defo take that on board , north west and london were way ahead of anywhere in between

removed user

Quote Originally Posted by sedgred
    Check your pm.

(I'll send him a PM about this as I don't want people knowing I'm a hooligan)

Quote Originally Posted by ForestDavey
    yeah defo take that on board , north west and london were way ahead of anywhere in between
    Definatly not the case IMO.

Agreed. Birmingham Zulus and Leeds Service Crew were up there with the very best and FEC, DLF and Baby Squad have all had numerous results against the cockney and north west firms.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmygordonshat
    Agreed. Birmingham Zulus and Leeds Service Crew were up there with the very best and FEC, DLF and Baby Squad have all had numerous results against the cockney and north west firms.
    Some very tidy mobs in the Midlands & Yorkshire.

I don't tend to go with this 'who are the best/biggest mobs' bollocks anyway. EVERY firm has had it's day but also EVERY firm has took a battering. Those who say otherwise are simply talking rammle.

One thing is for sure, you must be daft to get involved these days. The casual/hooligan scene has been finished for a while!

nakkernino del clusto

Theres plenty about these days, theyre just on the costa del sol nowadays :P

My point was the cockneys were probably the first to get orgainised into their own gangs. Football violence had been around for years but in the late 70s early 80s its was probably them that did a lot to develop the casual culture as it became with the organised named gangs, clothes etc. The rest quickly followed. Nobody would dispute that they haven't been turned over by various teams from all over the country or that the likes of Leeds and even ourselves at various times had a reputation as fearsome as anything the cockneys or the North West could muster. Many away fans in the 70s and 80s viewed a trip to the City Ground as dodgy fixture and even in the 90s I would argue the FEC were up there with the best. Famously turning over Millwall at the New Den in 1994

Rice # 42

My point was the cockneys were probably the first to get orgainised into their own gangs. Football violence had been around for years but in the late 70s early 80s its was probably them that did a lot to develop the casual culture as it became with the organised named gangs, clothes etc. The rest quickly followed. Nobody would dispute that they haven't been turned over by various teams from all over the country or that the likes of Leeds and even ourselves at various times had a reputation as fearsome as anything the cockneys or the North West could muster. Many away fans in the 70s and 80s viewed a trip to the City Ground as dodgy fixture and even in the 90s I would argue the FEC were up there with the best. Famously turning over Millwall at the New Den in 1994
    Was going to mention that. Other than I would prefer to let sleeping dogs lie, I think.

Can't argue with any of that Joe, i agree with you 100%.
    My comment was aimed at the poster who was banging on about Everton and the North West.
    There is no doubt in my mind that in the 80's when i had my day the FEC were a top 10 mob.

Can't argue with any of that Joe, i agree with you 100%.
    My comment was aimed at the poster who was banging on about Everton and the North West.
    There is no doubt in my mind that in the 80's when i had my day the FEC were a top 10 mob.
    I think the less said about Everton the better except to say 1987 Maid Marian Way and Grasses. Im sure Jim you will know what im on about

Anyway before LTLF turns into an episode of Danny Dyers Real Football Factories I think I will leave it there

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Are there many "firms" still around today? You never really hear about them anymore.

"Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry