Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: To much football

Rice 13

Default To much football

With just over 2 weeks til the footie season starts again, pre season friendlies are well and truly under way.
    For the first time I can remember though I may be wrong TV companies are now showing these games as well as the usual league games.

Is this putting to much football on the box or a good thing for the game?

These games are all completely pointless yet the powers that be seem to think that we now need to see these matches. Is this really the case.

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: To much football

Well I will be watchingt he Sunderland game on Setanta which saves me money which I always see as a good thing.

Rice 13

I also shall be watching the Sunderland game on Setanta, but I had no inclination to go to the match whatsoever.
    But only because I will probably be doing nothing else on wednesday night, if I should have something arranged I shall be doing that and not staying in just to watch a friendly on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan
    That was my first thought as well

Friendlys have been televised for years though, although mostly on channel 5. They usually show a few Scouse games and similar teams, and Sky often show "mini-tournements" (they showed one with the Scouse and Pompey last season, and one with Bolton and Man City if I remember correctly)

Im still baffled as to why Setanta have deemed it nessicery to show all of Sunderland's friendlys though

Im not complaining though, my aunt has setanta so il pop round to see her and watch the match with a few beers