Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: 5 years on

Default 5 years on

well today it is 5 years since the great man passed away and the club havent done anything to commemorate him. i think its a poor effort from the club personally

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

#FindElaine

Default Re: 5 years on

Agree!

Knew they wouldn't do anything before the game but picked up a programme on my way into the ground hoping to see something in there about the great mans passing.

As I feared not a sniff except a shameless full page advert plugging the green jumpers in the club shop with his quotes on the back.

Please donate to my #MPCC14 JustGiving page @ Justgiving.com/FindElaine

RIP: Sir Brian.

Yet again the club have failed to do anything as a mark of respect to the great man who did so much for this football club. Very disappointing.

RIP Sir Brian Clough.

where does it end though? Should there be a 6th year anniversary? what about an 8th, or a 12 1/2 year anniversary.

Brian Clough couldn't possibly be more celebrated in Nottingham when you considering a statue, bust, road, stand, various commemorations at the time.....I personally don't think it is neccessary to do anything. A minute's silence would have been innappropriate, we've did all the mourning years ago, Forest isn't just about Cloughie.

It is indeed a disappointment that the club have failed to recognise and commemorate this day of all days.

Whether they do or they don't, Sir Brian Clough will always be remembered by those who care and those whose lives he touched in so many many ways.

You were the best Brian. Let's remember the good times and celebrate his life.

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.
    [/url]

Quote Originally Posted by weasel
    where does it end though? Should there be a 6th year anniversary? what about an 8th, or a 12 1/2 year anniversary.

Brian Clough couldn't possibly be more celebrated in Nottingham when you considering a statue, bust, road, stand, various commemorations at the time.....I personally don't think it is neccessary to do anything. A minute's silence would have been innappropriate, we've did all the mourning years ago, Forest isn't just about Cloughie.
    I dont think people expect a minutes silence, your right that would have been innappropriate, but not to even mention him in the matchday programme was poor.

We're not Scouse.

Clough loved Derby, Forest was purely business.

And what business it was.

Without him at the helm we might well be languishing in the same league as Bradford. We weren't exactly a decent side before he came lets be fair.

Edit: He also gave thousands of people some of the best memories in their life. What he did for the city was immeasurable. To not commemorate him in the programme, at the very least, is shocking.

.k I m
    I m u mm

Quote Originally Posted by garibaldi
    We're not Scouse.

Clough loved Derby, Forest was purely business.
    Maybe he did - or maybe this was exaggerated by his family because of the way he was forced to retire from Forest. Clough gave his all for the Reds - if this isn't love, then what is?

I agree with Weasel - Forest is more than just about Clough. It's also more than just about the City Ground too!

Quote Originally Posted by PopGoesTheRobbie
    And what business it was.

Without him at the helm we might well be languishing in the same league as Bradford. We weren't exactly a decent side before he came lets be fair.

Edit: He also gave thousands of people some of the best memories in their life. What he did for the city was immeasurable. To not commemorate him in the programme, at the very least, is shocking.
    Yes he was brilliant no question and should have said something in the program for him, however minutes silences and that malarky is not for me.

nakkernino del clusto

Brian Clough couldn't possibly be more celebrated in Nottingham.
    A statue on every street corner

Quote Originally Posted by clusternakker
    A statue on every street corner
    yeh, I was thinking that while I was posting actually.

TBH would you actually want us to? I think our name will always be synonymous with Cloughie, and at times Derby actually show themselves up the way they constantly try and attach themselves the the Clough name. He liked Derby the best, as did his family. I don't mind this at all, he did what he did at Forest and no one will ever take that away from us.

Equally, I'm just as happy for them to worry about statues on every corner. We've got a bloody good one right in the city centre and it's enough.

So to be honest who's bothered about the precise dates since his passing? His legacy will never be forgotten by Forest and whilst I appreciate a wee mention in the programme could have been nice, I don't think there's any chance of us forgetting Sir Brian any time soon.

Hopefully they'll put something in the next match programme??

If anything, they need to do this for the benefit of new supporters who came to Nottingham Forest after the Brian Clough era. What about children who were too young to remember Brian Clough?

The fact that one of the stands is called the Brian Clough stand, and any match against Derby County being for the Brian Clough trophy might be considered to be enough respect but any new people may only know the name rather than what he done for the club.

I see people points but i don't see Liverpool rembering Bill Shankly every year or Man Utd Remembering Sir Matt or Spurs remembering Bill Nicholson,Yes he should be remembered but in some ways lets just let him rest in peace.

winnits

I think a mention in the programme other than trying to peddle those green sweatshirts would have been nice, agree with others that too much of a fuss would have been inappropriate.

Milford Ram

Forest isn't just about Cloughie.
    On a poignant day that made me smile.... R.I.P Sir Brian

#FindElaine

Quote Originally Posted by Tnewton_1988
    I see people points but i don't see Liverpool rembering Bill Shankly every year or Man Utd Remembering Sir Matt or Spurs remembering Bill Nicholson,Yes he should be remembered but in some ways lets just let him rest in peace.
    I don't think anyones asking for us to do something every year but today was 5 years since he passed

Every year would be kicking the arse out of it in a Scouse stylee but I can't see any harm in doing something for the 'milestones' - 5, 10, 25 etc years

absolute legend
    forest through and through
    RIP Brian Clough