Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doughty

Banned

Default Doughty

Why did Doughty say that you didn't see a queue of buyers lining up to buy a football clubs? This year we have seen the takeover of quite a few clubs so when evidence has come to light it does seem a strange comment?

Possible that he was bullshitting?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Possibly the value of clubs like forest has hit a trough, maybe the gap between prem and below is widening, good time to buy etc. ?

Pork - Stuffing - Apple Sauce

Default Re: Doughty

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeding_Red View Post
    Why did Doughty say that you didn't see a queue of buyers lining up to buy a football clubs? This year we have seen the takeover of quite a few clubs so when evidence has come to light it does seem a strange comment?

Possible that he was bullshitting?
    I thought Frank Clark said this?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tnewton_1988 View Post
    I thought Frank Clark said this?
    Whoever said it it does seem we were fed lies by the powers that be. They all deserve to get the bullet for that.

I also remember a statement by our board a few months after we were up for sale saying that no interested parties were looking to buy the club. It just seems strange that when Doughty died we did have interested parties. Either our board were lying or Doughty had no intention to sell when he was alive....

Glad to see us being taken over but we really do need to get rid of the old guard if we want to start afresh. We have had a cancer on our club for 12 years, Time to get in remission...

It probably became more of a buyer's market when Mr Doughty passed away.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NordicTree View Post
    It probably became more of a buyer's market when Mr Doughty passed away.
    Course it has...

And Santa Clause is real...

Fishing season in full swing.

Well, eventhough Doughty was selling, I doubt he was as keen to get rid of as the estate. Could be wrong of course.

And what are you on about? Just chatted with the old man the other day...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NordicTree View Post
    Well, eventhough Doughty was selling, I doubt he was as keen to get rid of as the estate. Could be wrong of course.

And what are you on about? Just chatted with the old man the other day...
    Good point, So basically you are saying that Doughty was lying regards actively looking to sell the club? I think you may be right because the flip side of that is Marthur and Clark were lying regards buyers for the club.... Either way we as Forest fans were lied to. A shame really but I can see light at the end of that very dark 12 year tunnel....

Get me on the nice list please

So Nigel dying was a good thing I guess.
    Some people sicken me.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PercyFilth View Post
    So Nigel dying was a good thing I guess.
    Some people sicken me.
    Who said that?

I don't think they were lying, as they weren't part of the process of selling the club. Seymore Pierce was. Now getting such a statement from them would imply some lie, but we never got that, did we?

It was never up to Frank Clark nor Mark Arthur to talk to bidders. If anyone had anything to do directly with Al-Hasawis or other bidders, it'd be John Pelling.

Judging from the rumours not backed by anything but hearsay, the Doughty estate sold Forest at a huge loss too, so prize horse, mouth, not look.

That's a lovely thing to utter first thing, PercyFilth.

Who said that?
    I said that.

Wanna play a knock knock joke next??

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tomasj View Post
    I don't think they were lying, as they weren't part of the process of selling the club. Seymore Pierce was. Now getting such a statement from them would imply some lie, but we never got that, did we?

It was never up to Frank Clark nor Mark Arthur to talk to bidders. If anyone had anything to do directly with Al-Hasawis or other bidders, it'd be John Pelling.

Judging from the rumours not backed by anything but hearsay, the Doughty estate sold Forest at a huge loss too, so prize horse, mouth, not look.
    This statement from Arthur would suggest that he had some knowledge of interest in Forest and the takeover, Let us also remember that he was close to Doughty so would have been told any interest...

http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/pa...582336,00.html

"We can reiterate Nigel Doughty's willingness to sell the club to people who are able to take the club forward from a financial perspective.

"To date there has been no such interest.
    This says to me that either Doughty had no interest in selling the club (due to the several interested parties when he died) Or Arthur was lying to us.

Make your own mind up, But our Management for the last 12 years has been a disaster and all of them need to go....

Good point, So basically you are saying that Doughty was lying regards actively looking to sell the club? I think you may be right because the flip side of that is Marthur and Clark were lying regards buyers for the club.... Either way we as Forest fans were lied to. A shame really but I can see light at the end of that very dark 12 year tunnel....

Get me on the nice list please
    Not saying anyone was lying. Business transactions involve a wide range of negotiation positions.

You been any good then mate? The lump of coal is ready.

1's already gone......

who cares about who said what in the past anyways, look forward man!!!

Enjoy the bright future we seem to have, embrace the mofo.

Banned

I said that.

Wanna play a knock knock joke next??

Can do. Or maybe you could add to the discussion?

Second thoughts it might be best to stick with the Knock Knock jokes with you. More your level I think...

Can do. Or maybe you could add to the discussion?

Second thoughts it might be best to stick with the Knock Knock jokes with you. More your level I think...
    Agreed, it sounds it.

Dont try and get personal or i'll tell everyone about the dried up socks propping ya bed up

Banned

1's already gone......

who cares about who said what in the past anyways, look forward man!!!

Enjoy the bright future we seem to have, embrace the mofo.
    Whilst we have management that have been a constant for the last 12 years at our club still here, Then we can't look forward. I don't trust Arthur and until that ringpiece is gone then sorry I struggle to look forward....

It is nice to have owners but they need to follow what they started with Cotterill. I think Arthur is more hated than Cotterill by some fans and it just seems he has passed under the radar....

BleedingRed is a walking talking fleshlight advert.
    As it goes tho we've been sold now, dragging up what was said months ago has no relevance

Whilst we have management that have been a constant for the last 12 years at our club still here, Then we can't look forward. I don't trust Arthur and until that ringpiece is gone then sorry I struggle to look forward....

It is nice to have owners but they need to follow what they started with Cotterill. I think Arthur is more hated than Cotterill by some fans and it just seems he has passed under the radar....
    This... unlike the others on the shitelist, can anyone argue he has ever done anything for this club?

If you want to find a conspiracy, something rotten or something foul, I am sure you could find something in the Human Rights Declaration as well. Do I sense a novel such as "The Martha Code" soon?

I'm well familiar with press statements, and what they do and don't say, and I can't for the life of me see anything really pointing towards anything else than Arthur being blunt and telling it how is at that time. Also, note the "people who are able to take the club forward from a financial perspective" part. Anyone buying Forest would need to have some financial clout, and show it. And I suppose this is why it hasn't been sold. You'd need to prove a rather hefty bit of funds.

For all their charm, I am sure the Al-Hasawis were shrewd enough to know that at some point the Doughty estate would stop financing the club, yet they'd have enough emotional ties to rather see it being sold to someone professional than go tits up. So the summer of 2012 was a good time to buy a great brand.

Banned

BleedingRed is a walking talking fleshlight advert.
    As it goes tho we've been sold now, dragging up what was said months ago has no relevance
    Is that as deep as we are going? Surely you can add more? Dig deep pal!